Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:53:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge  (Read 53193 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: October 12, 2012, 07:50:21 PM »

I honestly didn't expect this - http://www.politicspa.com/casey-smith-schedule-a-debate-finally/42543/

Turns out Smith's campaign pushed for it more. It will be October 26th in Philly at our ABC affiliate.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2012, 08:09:42 PM »

F**k 'im up, Bobby!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #302 on: October 12, 2012, 08:38:45 PM »

Phil, a while back, you expressed to me that Smith doesn't have much of a shot, that once Casey starts airing ads, it'll be over.

Do you think that's still the case, or does Smith have a legitimate shot at winning this race?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #303 on: October 12, 2012, 08:55:47 PM »

Phil, a while back, you expressed to me that Smith doesn't have much of a shot, that once Casey starts airing ads, it'll be over.

Do you think that's still the case, or does Smith have a legitimate shot at winning this race?

I think Casey is going to hit him a lot harder soon and it's going to be hard to keep this as close as it is now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2012, 11:31:17 AM »

So with a non-GOP pollster finally saying this a close race (two point margin according to Muhlenberg), we should see some real fireworks very soon. Camp Casey must be going crazy. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2012, 04:59:11 PM »

Wow. Smith beats Casey this quarter and it doesn't even count his $10 million loan - http://www.politicspa.com/smith-outraises-casey-not-including-10m-loan/42637/

That's big.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »

Smith should prepare like crazy for that one debate. Casey is a notorious bore, and Smith might be able to dominate the event if properly prepared. I hope that since he push for it more, that such is what is going on behind the scenes.

If Smith can keep it close with that cash, the viewership of the debate by undecideds will be high. A strong performance by Smith, and then Casey's people really will have reason to panic.

He probably still wins, but just seeing him squirm makes me feel good. At least he won't walk into the seat again because of his name, his opponent's controversial history and Bush's low approval ratings/Dem wave. This time he shall have to work for it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »

The question is how many stations pick up the debate (one of the Pittsburgh stations will have to show it, I'm sure). It airs here on a Sunday morning, two weeks before the election. Other stations will be able to air it any time after it airs here.

I'm sorry but I don't think anyone expects it to be a barn burner.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »

Another negative spot from Casey - http://www.politicspa.com/casey-ad-doubles-down-on-tea-party-medicare-attacks-watch-video/42703/
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2012, 02:37:28 PM »

Smith's mom comes to his defense in a Medicare ad - http://www.politicspa.com/smiths-mom-endorses-medicare-plan-in-new-ad-watch-video/42742/
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2012, 08:23:29 PM »

Just watched Casey's latest Medi-scare ad. It just seems so desperate. The guy has run one - one! - positive ad so far. That should tell you all you need to know. And like Smith/his message or not, his ads (including the latest one) are unquestionably effective. I think Casey is playing with fire if he thinks he can just keep running attack ads.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #311 on: October 18, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2012, 12:16:33 PM by Keystone Phil »

No, this isn't a satire piece - http://www.politicspa.com/casey-gears-up/42802/

This comes right after Rendell made a statement that Casey hasn't even run a campaign. LOL!

By the way, Smith could definitely use Rendell's comments in an ad since Rendell called Casey's Tea Party ad "stupid."
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #312 on: October 18, 2012, 12:50:41 PM »

How organized is Smith's campaign? Especially in your neck of the woods? Can Smith outpoll Romney out West?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2012, 01:01:58 PM »

Smith is pretty damn organized in the SE. In fact, he makes frequent stops in this area of the state especially in Northeast Philly (since he has major allies here going back to the primary). Before the surge started, I saw him at an event down here and thought to myself, "It seems like this guy is here every other week!"

They aren't playing around in the SE. Trust me. The west would naturally be great for Smith because it's his home and he's hammering Casey/Obama on coal but it will still be tough because the SW is packed with original Casey Democrats.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2012, 03:47:21 PM »

Oh God he could really blow this...
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »

If Casey loses this, I will legitimately eat someone's hat with barbecue sauce. And this is the mountain west, so we have plenty of cowboy hats and plenty of sauce.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2012, 11:59:39 PM »

Casey isn't fit for public office. He's lazy, self-serving, and largely a dolt.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2012, 08:54:24 AM »

Casey internal shows him up 52%-39% - http://www.politicspa.com/casey-poll-casey-52-smith-39/42834/
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »

When one thinks about it, that is pathetic. Casey had no place letting this campaign become even remotely close enough to warrant releasing internals. And besides that, an internal where he's only up by 13 when he should be up by 30+?

Dear God, Bob, you make Martha Coakley look like candidate of the year!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »

When one thinks about it, that is pathetic. Casey had no place letting this campaign become even remotely close enough to warrant releasing internals. And besides that, an internal where he's only up by 13 when he should be up by 30+?

Casey shouldn't be leading by over thirty points. You can make the case that he should be up about 60%-40% but not more. Smith could always count on enough straight ticket voters to at least break 40%.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #320 on: October 19, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »

Guys, I'm beginning to think I'm living in a dream. Casey's campaign is firing back at Rendell over his criticism. This is too good!

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/174997051.html
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #321 on: October 19, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »

Guys, I'm beginning to think I'm living in a dream. Casey's campaign is firing back at Rendell over his criticism. This is too good!

Casey has a campaign? Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #322 on: October 19, 2012, 10:48:36 PM »

The PA Dems needed Rendell fully in charge of the organization. Now they're just scramblin' all over the place while he babbles about Andy Reid or whateverthesh**t.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #323 on: October 19, 2012, 10:57:53 PM »

Casey shouldn't be leading by over thirty points. You can make the case that he should be up about 60%-40% but not more. Smith could always count on enough straight ticket voters to at least break 40%.

I meant in his internal. Thus why it's laughable. Tongue

Either way, Casey can keep this horrid campaign up all the way 'til election day, for all I care. I welcome any hilarity to help numb the fact that we're screwed no matter who wins the race for Pres. Cheesy
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #324 on: October 19, 2012, 11:02:28 PM »

Go Tom Smith! Smiley

Both candidates are supporters of the unborn, but on other issues Smith is just a better candidate. Hope he pulls the upset.

Bob ain't his father. Bob Casey Senior was one of the greatest politicians in Pennsylvania history, while Junior is not even half of that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies