Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:54:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge  (Read 53615 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
« on: December 11, 2010, 10:24:01 PM »

State Senator Kim Ward considering a challenge - http://www.politicspa.com/breaking-state-senator-kim-ward-exploring-challenge-to-bob-casey-in-2012/19227/

She represents a sizably Democratic district just outside of Pittsburgh.

She would probably be one of the strongest based on her geography. Casey needs to do badly in the suburbs to lose.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »

Do you know why Welch became a Republican? I read that he was formerly a Democrat.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 01:10:45 AM »

Smith: "...Specter ran in 2010?"

Wow. Rohrer didn't have the biggest gaffe tonight. This is horrible. He doesn't remember candidates he voted for and then asked what Welch had for breakfast three weeks ago. Terrible attempt at a save. Your votes are a little more important, Tom.

I don't trust Welch or his reasons for changing his voter registration. And Rohrer seems to much in the mold of the Buck and Angle, and we all know how their races went. Is there anyone remotely electable even running? What about that former Santorum aide?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 03:03:41 AM »

Wow. Rohrer didn't have the biggest gaffe tonight. This is horrible. He doesn't remember candidates he voted for and then asked what Welch had for breakfast three weeks ago. Terrible attempt at a save. Your votes are a little more important, Tom.

I don't trust Welch or his reasons for changing his voter registration. And Rohrer seems to much in the mold of the Buck and Angle, and we all know how their races went. Is there anyone remotely electable even running? What about that former Santorum aide?

Rohrer is a very intelligent and articulate man. That said, I fear a very easy Casey win if he was the nominee. Scaringi - the former Santorum aide - isn't going to come close to winning the primary.

What makes him unelectable?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 02:50:35 AM »

Rohrer is a very intelligent and articulate man. That said, I fear a very easy Casey win if he was the nominee. Scaringi - the former Santorum aide - isn't going to come close to winning the primary.

What makes him unelectable?

Scaringi? Doesn't have the funding, big resume or big backers, quite frankly.

I mean Rohrer.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 12:18:33 AM »

Keep in mind that it's an internal - http://www.politicspa.com/smith-poll-smith-leads-senate-race/33955/

Smith - 29%
Rohrer - 14%
Welch - 9%
Christian - 7%
Scaringi - 2%
Undecided - 39%

Not surprised at all at the undecided number even though we are just twelve days away from the Primary. I believe Smith is ahead because of his ads and mail (he is the only Senate candidate I've gotten mail from so far) but I imagine Welch is doing better than 9%.

Hopefully Welch wins this. Despite my past reservations about him, he seems like the most electable against Casey.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 02:33:43 AM »

Hopefully Welch wins this. Despite my past reservations about him, he seems like the most electable against Casey.

Well, i don't know.. I don't like flip-flopping on issues. Welch was pro-choice until relatively recent times, now he is pro-life (i know that Casey - too). Not a good behavoir, IMHO

He can't really be labeled as a right wing extremist though, and seems quite disciplined as a candidate. You can't necessarily say the same about Smith and Rohrer.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 04:13:40 PM »

Smith's latest internal: Smith 35%  Rohrer 16%  Welch 10%

31% of likely voters are undecided.

Sad
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 01:10:57 AM »

Smith can't win against Casey though. And why isn't Welch on the air anymore in Philly?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 02:11:14 AM »

Smith can't win against Casey though. And why isn't Welch on the air anymore in Philly?

It's not likely that Welch would win either, but, at least, it would be better attempt..

Even if he can't win, I still want him to take funds away from others states the Dems have to defend. Smith doesn't seem like he can do that.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »

I guess we have six more years of Bob Casey Jr. What a disgusting decision for Republicans to back Smith.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »

The Democrat bench in Pennsylvania looks cooked now, with Altmire, Holden, Sestak, and Murphy all now proven losers.

I wonder who they have left to run against Corbett and Toomey.

What about their Philadelphia Reps?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies