Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:25:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge  (Read 53568 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 15, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »

Former Governor Schweiker to be "drafted" to run against Casey? - http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/harrisburg_politics/PA_Society_De-Briefing.html

He might be our best candidate.  Smiley

I don't think any politician left office with more goodwill toward him/her than Schweiker.  In my view he'd crush Casey.......he's well liked by both sides of the aisle.

Run Mark, Run!!!

Can't argue with his credentials or poise, but I can't imagine him doing well in a primary race.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:44:43 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2011, 08:47:54 AM by Badger »

Casey's approval rating remains in the low 40s - http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/regional/s_716843.html

"(Casey) went into Washington with all kinds of ideas, but once he got elected, I feel like we never heard from him again," said Joyce Keith, 57, a Democrat from McKeesport.

I actually was cornered into meeting and shaking hands with Casey today outside of Toomey's reception. I'm sure you can just imagine how weird that was for me.  Tongue  He was actually literally two feet from Santorum and they awkwardly bumped into each other. Surprisingly, they are apparently very friendly to each other.

Two senators from the same state, they almost need to be to bring home buck$. That isn't always the case, of course, but it helps.

Oh, and his disapproval rating is only 27%. I'd like to know how much of the 30% undecided is actually "mixed opinion" vs. "no opinion". If I had to hazard a guess I'd say largely the latter.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 06:31:49 PM »

Yeah, her name is Melissa Brown and no, she didn't have a good showing in 2004. She had a good showing in 2002.

Alright. Thanks for the info, Phil. Didn't have to go through all that drama, though Wink.

You know, Phil, when a 12 year old properly schools you about too much drama, maybe its time to turm it down a notch. Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies