Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 07:58:33 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderator: muon2)
| | |-+  US House Redistricting: General
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: General  (Read 18566 times)
asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2012, 01:36:41 am »
Ignore

Homosexuals want VRA districts.

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_18462724?nclick_check=1

"Communities of interest such as Latinos and African-Americans are protected to ensure proper representation," said Mario Guerrero, government affairs director for Equality California, a gay advocacy group. "We want the same opportunity to elect representatives from our community."

I bet those same gay anti semites would be the strongest opposition to a Jewish congressional district in the only area it's possible to do so Southern Brooklyn.  (could be a 60%+ McCain seat)

Why are you assuming they're anti-Semitic?

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2012, 04:30:19 am »
Ignore

Incidentally, I think you got the old lines for RI and they moved the northwest corner township to CD2.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 11:03:03 am »
Ignore

(ducks, runs, hides)

Yellow voted for John McCain by 114 votes. Blue is 30% Hispanic and 28% Black (36% Anglo).
Neither is quite at maxpack - had to introduce some slight compromises to keep the western remnant district contiguous.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2013, 04:33:27 pm »
Ignore

What are the numbers for the red and purple districts?
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2013, 09:09:07 am »
Ignore

What are the numbers for the red and purple districts?
Haven't saved it, but I recall that green, red and purple are eerily alike, not by design, in electoral figures though green is less white than the others (on account of Waterbury). Slightly more Democratic than the state, all of them.

Sol
YaBB God
Pakistan

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2013, 01:45:26 pm »
Ignore

Muon2- Please add Georgia to the list in the first post:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130047.0

muon2
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »

Muon2- Please add Georgia to the list in the first post:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130047.0

Done, thanks.

Partial solar eclipse of October 23, 2014 with a cloud and large sunspot.
krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2013, 05:42:56 pm »
Ignore

Alaska redistricting upheld. Tack another one onto the 'loser whines, sues, and loses case' pile.

Link

The appropriate remedy should be treble damages.
cinyc
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2013, 07:50:14 pm »
Ignore

Alaska redistricting upheld. Tack another one onto the 'loser whines, sues, and loses case' pile.

Link

The appropriate remedy should be treble damages.

It was party sues, wins, Redistricting Board draws a new plan, party sues again and this time loses in Alaska.  So they're not total losers.

And this isn't on topic - U.S. House redistricting.  It's state house and senate redistricting.  Alaska only sends 1 U.S. House member to Washington.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:09:27 pm by cinyc »Logged
Sol
YaBB God
Pakistan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2013, 11:28:00 am »
Ignore

Here's some more states to add:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147491.0
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=133877.0

muon2
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2013, 12:09:10 pm »

Done

Partial solar eclipse of October 23, 2014 with a cloud and large sunspot.
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »
Ignore

If I were a Republican consultant, and I was looking at states like Virginia, Florida, and Georgia which are trending toward the Democrats, I would strongly urge the GOP in those states to follow North Carolina's example and remove the governor from the redistricting process when they have full control over both the legislature and the governor's mansion. 

And this advice is especially acute for the Virginia GOP -the 2017 election cycle may be the last time they can win all statewide offices from the governor to the attorney general before shifting demographics make it too difficult for them to win statewide at any level.  A possible scenario could be a deal allowing the governor to run for two consecutive terms in exchange for relinquishing veto power over any redistricting plan issued by the General Assembly.   

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout