A Second Chance - CONCLUSION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:48:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Second Chance - CONCLUSION
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 47
Poll
Question: Should I go on?
Yes

I don't care

No

Hell No!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: A Second Chance - CONCLUSION  (Read 288186 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:42:03 PM »
« edited: June 09, 2017, 06:35:48 PM by #woke O'Malley 2020 »

A Second Chance
A Timeline by Cathcon

Table of Contents
The 1968 Election
The 1972 Election
The Downfall of Spiro T. Agnew
The 1976 Election
The 1980 Election
Rawhide Down

The Whitehouse, August 9th, 1968
President Kennedy's best political friends and most trusted advisors were milling around the Oval Office, while a frustrated President Kennedy sat behind his desk, seething. Vice-President Terry Sanford was not present at the time, as he was busy campaigning in the South, making sure that it, like every year, went Democratic. Secretary of the Treasury Robert McNamara sat, reading a newspaper loudly. Secretary of Defense Connally leaned against a wall, listening.
    McNamara: 'Following his post convention bump, Republican nominee Michigan Governor George Romney is now leading President Kennedy by a narrow 48 to 47%, with five percent undecided. It is yet to be seen whether former Alabama Governor George Wallace, or some other Southerner will run on a third party ticket. It was expected that his selection of Senator Mark Hatfield of Oregon would harm Romney with Conservatives, however Romney's definitve anti-war stance has expanded Republican ranks into the youth vote, which went by a large amount for Kennedy only four years ago' This is unaccaptable, dammit! The most powerful man in the world is being beaten in the polls by some bumbling Governor that can't get half his words right!
    Bobby: Well, it's obvious we need to step up the campaign, but I think we can hammer Romney in the debates. Did you see his speech last night? If this were football, and his words were the ball, we'd have scored big by now.
    Jack: I'm listening. It's this war that Nixon got us into that's put us in this position. If we had pulled out, we'd be in the clear right now, leading by seven points.
    Connally: It's not just 'blame the war', the fact is that we have to win this, otherwise, America will come across as weak, and the Soviets will only expand their influence. We have to set forth an agenda for victory.
    McNamara: Now listen, you had a whole four years to set 'and agenda for victory'! Why didn't you? You don't think that we all want to win this war and go home? The President's been practically trapped in the Whitehouse since 1967!
    Bobby: Look, now settle down. It's bad enough that we're losing in the polls, at least for the moment, but we can't have this pointless infighting.
    Jack: Well, obviously, we have to do something. I'll get Shriver on the phone after this. As of now, I want scheduled appointments with McCarthy, Humphrey, and McGovern. If Romney wants to go anti-war, we'll give him anti-war.
    Bobby: And, you, John, we're relying on people like you, Lyndon, and Sanford to help hold down the South. That's it, we also have to talk to Lydon about this.
    Connally: Sure thing. Lyndon and I can guarantee you at least Texas. As long as Wallace, Faubus, or Thurmond doesn't run, we can also guarantee a Solid South.
    Jack: Good. You can all go now. Bobby, on your way out, tell my secretary to get Senator McCarthy of Minnesota on the phone.
    Bobby: Sure.

In the upcoming election, who would you vote for?
Michigan Governor George Romney/Oregon Senator Mark Hatfiel: 48%
President John F Kennedy/Vice-President Terry Sanford: 47%
Undecided/Other: 5%
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 11:50:05 PM »

This looks very interesting.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:16:42 AM »

The Whitehouse, August 9th, 1968
President John F Kennedy's secretary hands him the phone. Senator Eugene McCarthy is on the line.
    Jack: Hello, Senator!
    Gene: Hello, Mr. President.
    Jack: Look, the fact is that I need to ask a favor from you. And not just you, but from you colleague Humphrey and your friend McGovern.
    Gene: Well, what can I do?
    Jack: I need you to help me with the anti-war vote.
    Gene: What?
    Jack: That's right. I need you and your pals out campaigning this month, next month, the month after that, and in November. I need you to give a few speeches in fron of youth crowds, say stuff about how Romney isn't the candidate for peace, stuff like that.
    Gene: I'm sorry, I can't do that. I've actually been talking with Hatfield in the Senate, and with Romney on the phone, and we agree with a number of things. I'm not sure that I can endorse you.
    Jack: What?! Who're you going to endorse then, Wallace? The segregationist? Or maybe you'll endorse Romney, who can't even give a speech without messing up three times! That'll be the day!
    Gene: I'm sorry, Mr. President, it's your stances on things like the war, and the fact you've done barely anything for Civil Rights.
    Jack: Oh, well that's just great. I hope you'll have a fun time joining the RNC next year!

President Kennedy hangs up the phone, not giving Senator McCarthy time to respond. He leans back in his chair and sighs.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:38:08 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2010, 04:35:11 PM by Cathcon »

The Office of Oregon Senator Mark Hatfield; August 11th, 1968
As Senator Hatfield sits at his desk, looking over the newest tax cutting bill, there is a knock on the door.
    Hatfield: Come in.
    Reagan: Sorry to intrude, Senator.
    Hatfield: No problem, Senator, I was just looking over Kennedy's new tax cutting proposal.
    Reagan: May I sit down?
    Hatfield: Go right ahead. If you don't mind my asking, why have you come here?
    Reagan: After the convention, it should be somewhat obvious.
    Hatfield: What are you referring to?
    Reagan: Conservative support. Look, I'm not going to lie to you, Romney beat Goldwater fair and square at the convention, no lie. But the fact is, roughly two fifths of the people there went for Goldwater by the last ballot. Do you want to see that support go somewhere else? I'm not proposing anything, just saying that some people like Thurmond are thinking of going third party this year.
    Hatfield: I am aware of that. what do you propose? That the Republican ticket that I am on just suddenly flip on the war, on Civil Rights, on everything?
    Reagan: By no means. I'm only saying that the Republicans need Conservatives to win this year. Just remember that at the last ballot, Goldwater came damn close to grabbing that nomination. Just because Romney won doesn't mean that the Conservative faction will just be ignored, while at the same time continuing to vote Republican. Remember how Kennedy did in the debates in '64 against Nixon, and think of how he'll do with Romney. Romney honestly, won't survive the debates without a large base of support.
    Hatfield: You make a good point, but you seem to forget the fact that we're leading in the polls right now.
    Reagan: Oh, we're leading now. This is just after the convention, before the debates, before the long hall. I just hope you know what you're doing.
    Hatfield: Well, I'll certainly take what you said into consideration. However, I think we can win.
    Reagan: I'll be seeing you in the Senate tomorrow then, Senator.
    Hatfield: Bye.

Who do you prefer for President?
Michigan Governor George Romney/Oregon Senator Mark Hatfield: 48%
President John F Kennedy/Vice-President Terry Sanford: 46%
Undecided/Other: 6%
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 04:28:49 PM »

Comments, Questions, Critiques, Complaints, Compliments?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »

The Kennedy home; November 9th, 1960; 5:00 AM
The Kennedy home, in Massachusetts Senator John F Kennedy's bedroom.
    Jacky: Honey, wake up.
    Jack: **Groan**
    Jacky: Jack, you have to wake up!
    Jack: Not another day on that campaign trail...
    Jacky: No, yesterday was the election.
    Jack: How much did we wallop Nixon by, honey?
    Jacky: Honey, you lost...
    Jack: what?

Vice-President Richard M Nixon (R-CA)/Ambassador to the United Nations Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. (R-MA); 270 electoral votes, 49.9% of the popular vote
Senator John F Kennedy (D-MA)/Senate Majority Leader Lyndon B Johnson (D-TX); 248 electoral votes, 49.6% of the popular votes
Unpledged Electors; 13 electoral votes; .5% of the popular vote

Jacky: It took a very long time to find out who won. You should be proud of yourself.
    Jack: Well, I guess it's time to concede. I'll get dressed.
    Jacky: Oh, Bobby already called and conceded, but they're waiting for your official announcement.
    Jack: **Sigh**......
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 05:08:11 PM »

Comments, Questions, Critiques, Complaints, Compliments?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 05:53:46 PM »

Austin Texas, The Governor's Mansion; September 19th, 1963
At 3:00, Governor John Connally meets with Massachusetts Senator John F Kennedy and Texas Senator Lyndon Johnson. Recently, President Nixon'x approval ratings have gone to an all time low of 41%. This is a result of the events since Nixon's messing up in the Bay of Pigs Operation in 1961. This was followed by the Cuban Missile crisis in 1962, which resulted in not a victory for Nixon, but a failure as it was publicized that America, in order to get Russian missiles out of Cuba, had agreed to withdraw missiles from Turkey. Recently, it seems that Nixon has messed up again with a second failure to take out Cuban dictator Fidel Castro. This was publicized as CIA agent E Howard Hunt was killed on television.
    Connally: I keep telling you, Jack, if this Nixon keeps messing up, 1964 will be our year. I got literal field armies out there, ready to go campaigning for the Democrats next year. Nixon's failures on the foreign front have really screwed him.
    Jack: C'mon, John, I've already been nominated. I'm old news now. And besides, I'm up for re-election in 1964.
    Lyndon: You know, if you don't run, then someone else will. If that person wins or loses, it doesn't help you. On one hand, someone will have taken what you could have. On the other hand, someone will have messed up what could have been a Democratic year. Now, I've always thought that if someone else had been heading the ticket in 1960, that could've been our year.
    Jack: Now, just a minute, are you suggesting that  somehow, you could've made it as close as I?
    Lyndon: I'm not saying anything, except for that in 1960, we lost.
    Jack: Oh, and you sure would've brought out the vote in 1960, I'm sure.
    Connally: Now calm down! We're all here for one purpose, and that is to make sure that 1964 is a Democratic year. I'm not saying whether either of you should run or not, I'm saying that in 1964, we need to do the best job we can to win the Whitehouse and stay there.
    Jack: You're right, John. 1964 will be our year. The only question is, who will lead us there?
    Lyndon: You haven't done the best of jobs so far...
    Jack: Well, I can say for sure, that if I win the nomination next year, I'm choosing a different Vice-President.
    Connally: **Sigh**...

Do you approve of President Nixon's performance in office?
Approve: 41%
Disapprove: 51%
Not Sure: 10%
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 06:34:12 PM »

Awesome man, keep it up. Smiley

What happened to Bobby Kennedy, Teddy Kennedy, and John Tower? With JFK still in the Senate, Teddy won't be able to make his entrance in 1962. Also, with LBJ still in the Senate, there wouldn't be a special election for Tower to run in. Might RFK run for New York Governor in 1962 or New York Senate in 1964? 
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 06:58:05 PM »

I'd like to have ted kennedy as president in a TL Wink but I think your TL will go in another direction. for the moment, I think it's a very interesting TL and I want another update soon =). kennedy was a good president, maybe he could have finished his 4 years of presidency if he had run in 1984...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »

Awesome man, keep it up. Smiley

What happened to Bobby Kennedy, Teddy Kennedy, and John Tower? With JFK still in the Senate, Teddy won't be able to make his entrance in 1962. Also, with LBJ still in the Senate, there wouldn't be a special election for Tower to run in. Might RFK run for New York Governor in 1962 or New York Senate in 1964? 

Thanks.

I'm not sure what to do with the Bobby and Ted pre-1964, but after 1964, RFK becomes Attorney General and Ted is elected Senator of Massachusetts in his brother's place. As for Tower, He loses his election in 1960 as in RL, but in this, he is Connally's opponent for Governor in 1962, then he runs for Senate in 1964, and is beaten by George Bush in the primary. After Connally becomes Secretary of Defense, his Lieutenant Governor is made Governor. In 1966, Tower is elected Governor of Texas.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 07:03:02 PM »

I'd like to have ted kennedy as president in a TL Wink but I think your TL will go in another direction. for the moment, I think it's a very interesting TL and I want another update soon =).

Keep you eyes out for the Kennedys. Wink

Updates will come, of course. They will come more frquently as they are usually just a short conversation between two or more "characters".

kennedy was a good president, maybe he could have finished his 4 years of presidency if he had run in 1984...

Heh heh.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 07:50:08 PM »

August 24-27, 1964; The Democratic Nation Convention in Atlantic City New Jersey

The 1964 Democratic Primaries

Dark Red-Kennedy
Red-Wallace
Pink-Favorite Sons
Light Green-Unpledged Electors

After his incredibly close loss to then-Vice-President Richard M Nixon only four years ago, Kennedy has accomplished a great feat in winning seven of the fourteen Democratic primaries, against such opponents as Minnesota Senator Hubert H Humphrey and Alabama Governor George Wallace. However, it is yet to be seen if Kennedy can pull off a miracle at the Democratic National Convention in Atlantic City, New Jersey. After all, the establishment is not eager to give him the nomination again after his failure to win against Nixon in 1960. Despite that, 1964 is believed to be a Democratic year with Nixon's fumblings on foreign policy-his alleged stron suit-and the Democrats feel ready and willing to surge forward. Among Kennedy's opponents for the Democratic nomination are Alabama Governor George Wallace, Minnesota Senator Hubert H Humphrey, Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson, and California Governor Pat Brown. As of now it remains to be seen who will be the nominee as Johnson holds a large amount of establishment support.
 -Journalit Patrick J Buchanan for the St. Louis Globe Democrat, August 24, 1964

It is my opinion that the major issue going into the Presidential Election is that of guts. Who has the guts to stare down the Soviets, to defend this nation against the evils of communism, and to secure freedom for all time. I have a proven record in the Senate when regarding the defense of this nation, and I will set this nation's defense as my highest priority. We can not continue to sit around and watch the Soviets play us like chess pieces while they continue to advance their agends in Cuba, Vietnam, and Cambodia. I can not and will not stand by while President Nixon disgraces this nation further.
-Speech by Senator John F Kennedy of Massachusetts at the 1964 Democratic National Convention

Do you approve of the job President Nixon has done so far?
No-48%
Yes-47%
Undecided-5%
In a hypothetical matchup, who would you vote for, Senator Kennedy of Massachusetts, or President Nixon?
Kennedy-44%
Nixon-43%
Undecided/Other-13%
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 08:15:27 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2010, 08:34:36 PM by Cathcon »

August 28th, 1964

Kennedy/Sanford ticket emerges from Democratic National Convention!

Only yesterday, Massachusetts Senator John F Kennedy successfully won the Democratic nomination for President a second time in a row. As for Vice-President, one term North Carolina Governor Terry Sanford was chosen. Sanford, who was among Kennedy's first choices for Vice-President, is seen as a solidly Liberal ticket in a Southern state. It is believed that Kennedy wanted Sanford just for these reasons. It's hoped by many Democrats that Sanford can help hold together the South for the Democrats this time around.
The Democratic ticket of Kennedy and Sanford leaving the Democratic National Convention

Meanwhile, the Republicans have yet to recover from a divisive primary season and convention, which pitted the party between the Centrist President Nixon, the Liberal New York Governor Nelson Rockefeller, and the Conservative Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater. It is expected the rocky convention has, at least semi-permanently, thrown the Grand Old Party into a lack of unity between its Western, North-Eastern, and Mid-Western factions.
Rockefeller and Goldwater: The Leaders of the Republicans' warring factions

The Republican Primary Map

Dark Blue-Goldwater
Blue-Nixon
Light Blue-Rockefeller
Light Green-Favorite Sons (James Rhodes-Ohio)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 10:19:02 PM »

I'm going to assume you mean conservative Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, not Barack Obama, correct? Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 10:24:19 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2010, 12:56:48 PM by Cathcon »

September 3rd, 1964
South Carolina Senator Strom Thurmond announces Third Party Bid!

South Carolina Senator and known segregationist Strom Thurmond

This afternoon, segregatinoist Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC) announced a third party bid, and the creation of the Dixicrat Party. He explained his decision, referring to President Nixon's Civil Rights Act of 1963, as well as Kennedy's pro-Civil Rights stances. He also announced that hsi running mate would be Arkansas Governor Orville Faubus, a fellow Southern Democrat.

In Kennedy's campaign headquarters, the new breaks.
    Shriver: Jack! you'll never believe what that bastard Thurmond just did to us!
    Jack: Don't tell me he's launching another damn third party bid!
    Shriver: Yeah, only this time, he has a chance of throwing the election to Nixon! If the race is close enough and he sweeps the Deep South, this might be your last time running for President!
    Jack: Dammit! Those damn Dixiecrats hold this entire damn election in their hands! At least some good can come from this, they'll no longer be in our party!
    Bobby: Does he know how much work we've put into this campaign? All for this? To throw the election to the Republicans? We might as well just give up now.
    Jack: Be calm, Bobby, we can see this through. All we need to do is re-arrange some funds. Sargent, call up the campaign treasurer and tell him to divert all funds going into Arkansas, Mississippi, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana! I want that money pumped into Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Washington, and Oregon!
    Shriver: Will do, Jack.
    Bobby: Damn...This is gonna take a heck of a lot more work...

Who do you intend to vote for in the Presidential Election?
President Richard Nixon/Vice-President Henry Cabot Lodge Jr.-45%
Senator John F Kennedy/Governor Terry Sanford-43%
Senator Strom Thurmond/Governor Orville Faubus-9%
Undecided/Other-3%
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 10:25:29 PM »

I'm going to assume you mean conservative Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, not Barack Obama, correct? Tongue

Woah! I completely missed that. My mind must have been somewhere else. What do you think of the TL so far?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 10:46:27 PM »

This is great! Smiley Though the switching from `64 to `68 is a tad confusing. Wink
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 06:47:03 AM »

This is great! Smiley Though the switching from `64 to `68 is a tad confusing. Wink

Also, I think thurmond will hurt more the republican nominee than kennedy. let's see...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 01:07:06 PM »

Also, I think thurmond will hurt more the republican nominee than kennedy. let's see...

Thurmond will obviously draw Conservative votes from Nixon, however, he harms Kennedy the most regionally. In this, it's mentioned that Nixon passed the Civil Rights Act of 1962, thus meaning the the South doesn't realign with the Republicans. The South would most likely have gone solidly for Kennedy in this scenario sans Thrumond, however, this throws Kennedy's hopes of winning using the South. Notice what states Kennedy diverted campaign funds to.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »

August 21st, 1968, a press conference hosted by Secretary of Defense John Connally
As Defense Secretary Connally steps into view, walking towards the podium, many reporters are wondering why the pres conference has been called. Many feel it will be a statement about the war in Vietnam.
    Connally: After months of research into the strategies of both the Vietcong the North Vietnamese, the Pentagon, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and myself are unveiling a new plan in order to fight the North Vietnamese and the Vietcong. It will employ a much more aggressive strategy than used before, as well as a more permanent route towards the sovereingty of South Vietnam.
    Reporter One: Mister Connally. I'm sure many of us here are at least considering the possibilty that this is being done in response the Governor Romney's accusations that President Kennedy's Administration, which you are a part of, hasn't done enough to either win the war, or to bring American troops home. Is this true?
    Connally: Absolutely not. This plan has been under...uh, construction for several months. Former CIA Director Shriver, who is now heading the President's re-election campaign, can assure you of that.
    Reporter 2: How can you sure the American people that this will truly help to win the war in Vietnam?
    Connally: Well, first of all, and this came up in the first questions, this is not a war. It is a police action to secure the future of Southern Vietnam and to stop the spread of international communism, which has existed as a threat since at least 1945. Second of all, eh, this plan has been looked over by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, by National Security Adviser Bradley, and by members of the National Security Council. Nothing can be assured, but it is highly likely.
    Reporter 3: What about the rumors that the President does not believe this war winnable, and is merely keeping American troops there in order to protect American integrity, at least in the short term?
    Connally: No. That is completely false. Those rumors have no foundation in reality. The President is entirely commited to victory in this war. That question doesn't even pertain to the subject of this press conference. Next Question.
    Reporter 4: What has caused this, and why now? Why have the Whitehouse and the Pentagon decided that now, in the middle of a close Presidential election, that there should be a radical change in strategy?
    Connally: As I have said before, this strategy has been underway for a while now, since the beginning of the year. The real change in strategy came in the firing of my predecessor, James Roosevelt, two years ago. Since then, the strategy has not been set in concrete because of an ever changing landscape in the war, and because of newer details concerning the strategies of both the Vietcong and North Vietnam.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 02:10:15 PM »

Get ready for more. Wink
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 02:33:44 PM »

Thurmond will obviously draw Conservative votes from Nixon, however, he harms Kennedy the most regionally. In this, it's mentioned that Nixon passed the Civil Rights Act of 1962, thus meaning the the South doesn't realign with the Republicans. The South would most likely have gone solidly for Kennedy in this scenario sans Thrumond, however, this throws Kennedy's hopes of winning using the South. Notice what states Kennedy diverted campaign funds to.

Oh yes, you're right. I forgot that in this TL NIXON passed the CRA
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 02:37:46 PM »

November 3, 1964; The Kennedy Campaing Headquarters; 11:57 PM, Eastern Time
Kennedy, and his group of close friends and political allies, including the head of his campaign, his brother-in-law Sargent Shriver; Texas Governor John Connally; Kennedy's brothers Bobby and Ted; Kennedy's wife Jacky; and his running mate, North Carolina Governor Terry Sanford are all sitting around a large television set, watching election returns.
    TV: ...And we are now able to call the state of Oregon for Senator Kennedy, giving him 273 electoral votes, beating President Nixon.
    Jack: Yes!
    Bobby: Ha! We beat that bastard Nixon despite Thurmond's run! You showed the Dixiecrats and thos damned Republicans!
    Jacky: You did it, honey!
    Ted: You bet he did! I just wish I'd seen Nixon's face when everything started falling towards you, Jack!
    Connally: Finally...
    Shriver: Nixon just called and conceded! The people outside want you to give a speech!
    Kennedy: Well, the public's waiting.
    TV: ...While Kennedy has indeed won, there are indeed other races. The most cheery for Republicans is actor Ronald Reagan's victory in California. He will now be joining the Senate. That was our last race to call for the night, folks.

Senator John F Kennedy (D-MA)/Governor Terry Sanford (D-NC); 273 electoral votes, 43.7% of the popular vote
President Richard M Nixon (R-CA)/Vice-President Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. (R-MA); 212 electoral votes, 42.1% of the popular vote
Senator Strom Thurmond (DI-SC)/Governor Orville Faubus (DI-AR); 53 electoral votes, 14.5% of the popular vote
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 03:20:54 PM »

Very good so far.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies