A Second Chance - CONCLUSION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:55:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Second Chance - CONCLUSION
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 47
Poll
Question: Should I go on?
Yes

I don't care

No

Hell No!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: A Second Chance - CONCLUSION  (Read 288197 times)
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2010, 04:41:14 PM »

April 13th, 1972
Guitarist Jimmy Page Dead!

Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »

I know! Besides, why do some people only comment when something they don't like happens?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »

As a consolation prize, Jimi Hendrix doesn't die.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2010, 04:54:35 PM »

This is still going strong. Keep it coming!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »

April 25th, 1972
Heston Wins First Victory!
With the Democrats holding the Massachusetts Primary, and the Repbulicans holding the Pennsylvania Primary as well as the Massachusetts, there were two winners, one was expected and the other was himself surprised.

For the Republicans, New York Governor Nelson Rockefeller received his first victories tonight with major Repbulicans in both states endorsing him, icluding Edward Brooke, John Volpe and William Scranton. The only other candidate to receive an endorsement from a high ranking Republican was Richard Nixon with the endorsement of former Vice-President and running mate Henry Cabot Lodge II. Though these victories are good news for the Rockefeller campaign, they may come too late as Rockefeller has already taken crucial losses in New Hampshire, Illinois, and Wisconsin.

Blue-Nixon
Light Green-Hatfield
Red-Agnew
Dark Blue-Reagan
Light Blue-Rockefeller

For the Democrats in Massachusetts, three weeks of campaigning by Humphrey and Sanford was put to waste with a surprise victory by Governor Charlton Heston of California. Despite having halted personally campaigning in order to handle riots in California, incurred by the death of guitarist Jimmy Page, this only helped Heston as he was seen as a 'Get Tough Governor', which made many undecideds and a right number of voters that would ahve otherwise voted for a different candidate vote for Heston. With Hubert H Humphrey being the only major candidate without a win, it remains to be seen if his only effect on the race is stealing votes from Sanford.

Red-Sanford
Light Green-Gravel
Dark Red-Wallace
Blue-Heston
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »

May 2nd, 1972
Humphrey Gets on the Map!
With today's primaries, the message is clear that the race is still competitive. The primary maps for both parties have only become more confusing as a clear frontrunner seems hard to find.

For the Republicans, Governor Agnew re-emerged on the map with a win in Ohio, where he was endorsed by former Governor James Rhodes, and was appealing to blue collar workers in the area. In Indiana, Senator Reagan scored yet another victory as he creates what campaign manager Pat Buchanan calls a 'Mid-Western Wall'.

Blue-Nixon
Light Green-Hatfield
Red-Agnew
Dark Blue-Reagan
Light Blue-Rockefeller

In building on his momentum in Massachusetts, Governor Charlton Heston was able to narrowly take Ohio, while Wallace narrowly took Indianan. In the Washington DC Primary, the fight was mainly between Sanford and Humphrey and Humphrey won, running on his Civil Rights record.

Red-Sanford
Light Green-Gravel
Dark Red-Wallace
Blue-Heston
Pink-Humphrey
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2010, 06:59:52 PM »

Thanks for the comments. If I do any more tonight, it'll most likely go up to May 9th to get those primaries out of the way.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2010, 07:22:49 PM by Cathcon »

May 4th, 1972
The Tennessee Primary
In a week full of primaries nearly every other day, that does not change today as people in Tennessee go to the polls to vote for who they want for the nomination.

Among Tennessee Republicans, former President Nixon scored his second victory when endorsed by Senator Howard Baker. It is believed that if he wins, Baker is a likely running mate or cabinet appointment.

Blue-Nixon
Light Green-Hatfield
Red-Agnew
Dark Blue-Reagan
Light Blue-Rockefeller

For the Democrats, Vice-President Terry Sanford scored another victory, recovering from the recent slowing of his campaign dur to losses in Wisconssin, Massachusetts, Indiana, Ohio, and Washington DC.

Red-Sanford
Light Green-Gravel
Dark Red-Wallace
Blue-Heston
Pink-Humphrey

As for Hatfield and Gravel, the two candidates who got off good starts in New Hampshire, their fate remains to be seen as both of them have failed to gain traction since. However, a large number of Western primaries have yet to take place and they are where both candidates could score points.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2010, 07:31:15 PM »

if hatfield wins the nomination (I doubt it) I may support him =)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2010, 07:32:33 PM »

if hatfield wins the nomination (I doubt it) I may support him =)

Who do you think will the nomination, on both sides?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2010, 07:50:47 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2010, 07:55:24 PM by Cathcon »

May 6th, 1972
North Carolina Primary
Today, the North Carolina Primary for both parties took place, yielding expected results.

For the Republicans, former President Richard Nixon almost won, however in what was largely a three way race, he lost to the Southern Favorite Son, Governor Agnew of Maryland. Senator Ronald Reagan, the Conservative poster boy, came in a close third. The top three slots all had differences within one percentage point.

Blue-Nixon
Light Green-Hatfield
Red-Agnew
Dark Blue-Reagan
Light Blue-Rockefeller

For the Democrats, the victory of Vice-President Terry Sanford in his home state is no surprise. However, Governor Wallace of Alabama put forth a valient effort, garnering over 30% of the vote. However, it was nowhere near enough to beat Sanford.

Red-Sanford
Light Green-Gravel
Dark Red-Wallace
Blue-Heston
Pink-Humphrey
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2010, 07:51:31 PM »

^^Oops. Accidently pressed "Post". I'll get the Dem primary map up shortly.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »

^^Oops. Accidently pressed "Post". I'll get the Dem primary map up shortly.

Fixed it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2010, 08:09:13 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2010, 08:11:05 PM by Cathcon »

May 9th, 1972
The Race Goes On!
As the primaries progress on both sides, it is still diffictult to find a clear frontrunner, as it seems the Democratic nomination is coming down to Terry Sanford and George Wallace, whiel large candidates for the Repbulicans such as Nixon and Rockefeller are becoming marginalized in the race of two different Conservative candidates, Agnew and Reagan. However, the nomination is still up for grabs as the race goes on. Tonight, more primaries were held. For the Republicans, it was only the Nebraska Primary while the Democrats hosted the Nebraska and West Virginia Primaries.

For the Democrats, tonight's races made it increasingly clear that the nomination is still up for grabs and that while Sanford and Wallace lead, it is hardly a two man races as Heston racked up a third victory in the Plains State of Nebraska. Between the Conservative Wallace, the Moderate Heston, and the Moderate to Liberal Sanford, this appears to be a fight to the finish.

Red-Sanford
Light Green-Gravel
Dark Red-Wallace
Blue-Heston
Pink-Humphrey

For the Republicans, today's single races was an exercise in strength of the growin Western Conservative wing of the Republican Party with Senator Reagan's large victory in the plains state.

Blue-Nixon
Light Green-Hatfield
Red-Agnew
Dark Blue-Reagan
Light Blue-Rockefeller

With these latest races, pundits are expecting announcements from the Hatfield, Rockefeller, Gravel, and Humphrey campaign headquarters soon with endorsements, because it doesn't appear that any of these campaign have managed to do any good beyond their first wins.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2010, 08:11:31 PM »

Well, that's it for tonight.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2010, 09:05:48 PM »

I predict Reagan wins the Republican nomination by dominating the midwest and west. On the Democratic side, Wallace has shown surprising strength, and I think it will come down to the wire, with Sanford eventually winning the nomination. Wallace may run as an Independent.

In the general, Reagan/Agnew defeats Sanford/Heston.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2010, 09:44:38 PM »

I predict Reagan wins the Republican nomination by dominating the midwest and west. On the Democratic side, Wallace has shown surprising strength, and I think it will come down to the wire, with Sanford eventually winning the nomination. Wallace may run as an Independent.

In the general, Reagan/Agnew defeats Sanford/Heston.

We shall see Wink...So far, I'm not deviating from the plan I set out with when I started the primaries, though I am admittedly ad-libbing them.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2010, 11:33:03 PM »

Because I'm impatient and bored, another update may be forthcoming tonight...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2010, 11:37:16 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2010, 11:41:44 PM by Cathcon »

May 10th, 1972
Humphrey Drops Out! Others Are Still In!
After having won a grand total of one primary, Senate Minority Leader Hubert H Humphrey has conceded and has as of now ended his candidacy for the 1972 Democratic nomination. He endorsed frontrunner, early favorite, and friend Vice-President Terry Sanford for the Presidency citing his role in the Kennedy Administration and his experiences as Governor of a state.

Senate Minority Leader Hubert H Humphrey withdrawing his candidacy for President. "I thought I could do better" he said

No word has yet been received from the Rockefeller, Gravel, Hatfield, or any other campaigns, with all confirming that they still believe they are in the race. For Hatfield, there may be a small glimmer of hope as his home state, Oregon, is holding its primary on the 23rd. But aside from that, it seems that with Rockefeller and Hatfield splitting the moderate vote, neither of them will gain a hand over their other opponents. For Gravel, he has small hopes as well as he is polling well in Oregon and South Dakota. However he is nowhere near to winning the nomination.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2010, 11:52:14 PM »

May 16th, 1972
Rockefeller gains Momentum! Both Parties Still Undecided!
As the primary races are drawing closer to the end, both parties seem to face an inability to unite as neither has decided on a nominee yet.

For the Republicans, moderate favorite Nelson Rockefeller narrowly won the Michigan Primary despite the endorsement of Senator George Romney going to Senator Hatfield. In the Maryland Primary, Agnew easily won his home state.

Blue-Nixon
Light Green-Hatfield
Red-Agnew
Dark Blue-Reagan
Light Blue-Rockefeller

For the Democrats, the results were mixed. In Michigan, Heston fought off a stiff Wallace challenge and came away with victory, while in Maryland Wallace won easily as the Southern candidate in the race.

Red-Sanford
Light Green-Gravel
Dark Red-Wallace
Blue-Heston
Pink-Humphrey

With Heston's recent surge, this puts Sanford in jeopardy, especially with crucial Western primaries approaching in the last round of the primaries on June sixth. However, if he can score in Rhode Island, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Oregon, he should be able to build up enough momentum to win at the convention. However, Gravel has been polling well in Oregon and South Dakota, and Heston's strength lies in the West.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #195 on: December 28, 2010, 02:29:50 AM »

Any chance we can get delegate counts?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2010, 02:43:28 AM »

Speed up the primary season, it's getting tedious!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #197 on: December 28, 2010, 09:53:45 AM »

I'm not really sure how to find out who gets what per primary. I was t hinking of introdcuing a random large number to the frontrunner, and giving the rest somewhere below that. Help with this would be appreciated, given that I don't think wikipedia has anything.

Speed up the primary season, it's getting tedious!

Only two more primary dates to go, then the conventions, etc.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #198 on: December 28, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2010, 01:41:03 PM by Cathcon »

May 23rd, 1972
The End is Nigh!
Today, the second to last round of the primary season took place with primaries held in Oregon and Rhode Island. With the end of the primaries approaching, it seems that both parties will have to go to the conventions to decide on a nominee. There, candidates such as Reagan and Hatfield will be at a disadvantage.

For the Democrats, Wallace's momentum seems to have stoppes while Vice-President Terry Sanford was the only winner in today's matches. While Heston was polling ahead in Oregon, on May 17th, when Hubert H Humphrey pulled out of the race, Sanford received nearly all of his support in the state. In Rhode Island, while Sanford had a narrow lead, with Humphrey's dropping out, he won the state with over forty percent.

Red-Sanford
Light Green-Gravel
Dark Red-Wallace
Blue-Heston
Pink-Humphrey

For the Republicans, on the other hand, the two moderate candidates got their big breaks today when Rockefeller scored big in Rhode Island, and Hatfield won with over fifty percent in his home state of Oregon. However, the last round does not bode well for them as it favors Reagan.

Blue-Nixon
Light Green-Hatfield
Red-Agnew
Dark Blue-Reagan
Light Blue-Rockefeller

With the largest amount of primaries two weeks from now in the West, it looks like Reagan may have the last laugh. On the Democratic side, Heston looks to do well, however, his leads are shaky in every state that he is leading in besides California.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #199 on: December 28, 2010, 01:40:15 PM »

June 6th, 1970
Reagan and Sanford the Frontrunners!
In today's primaries, the winners were clear. In the last round of the primaries, while the two candidates initially favored to win the nomination were expected to do well, this does not mean that either of them has won.

In the three Republidcan Primary races, California Senator Ronald Reagan scored big, winning all three primaries and cementing himself as the frontrunner going into the convention. In California, South Dakota, and New Mexico, he won by large margins. However, facing multiple opponents, a number of them might decide to unite in order to stop his momentum. A possible teaming up of Agnew and Nixon or Hatfield and Rockefeller may take shape.

Blue-Nixon
Light Green-Hatfield
Red-Agnew
Dark Blue-Reagan
Light Blue-Rockefeller

In the Democratic primaries, Sanford won two of the four races held today. Despite Heston's victory in California and Gravel's victory in South Dakota, Sanford holds a narrow lead over both Wallace and Heston while Gravel lingers far behind, having only won two primaries.

Red-Sanford
Light Green-Gravel
Dark Red-Wallace
Blue-Heston
Pink-Humphrey
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies