A Second Chance - CONCLUSION (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:47:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Second Chance - CONCLUSION (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Should I go on?
Yes

I don't care

No

Hell No!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: A Second Chance - CONCLUSION  (Read 289418 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« on: November 26, 2010, 06:58:05 PM »

I'd like to have ted kennedy as president in a TL Wink but I think your TL will go in another direction. for the moment, I think it's a very interesting TL and I want another update soon =). kennedy was a good president, maybe he could have finished his 4 years of presidency if he had run in 1984...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 06:47:03 AM »

This is great! Smiley Though the switching from `64 to `68 is a tad confusing. Wink

Also, I think thurmond will hurt more the republican nominee than kennedy. let's see...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 02:33:44 PM »

This is great! Smiley Though the switching from `64 to `68 is a tad confusing. Wink

Also, I think thurmond will hurt more the republican nominee than kennedy. let's see...

Thurmond will obviously draw Conservative votes from Nixon, however, he harms Kennedy the most regionally. In this, it's mentioned that Nixon passed the Civil Rights Act of 1962, thus meaning the the South doesn't realign with the Republicans. The South would most likely have gone solidly for Kennedy in this scenario sans Thrumond, however, this throws Kennedy's hopes of winning using the South. Notice what states Kennedy diverted campaign funds to.

Oh yes, you're right. I forgot that in this TL NIXON passed the CRA
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 10:20:16 AM »

and what's teddy keneddy doing at the moment?

Nice TL =)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 05:54:03 PM »

Does anybody want to see the map for the Democratic Primaries before I move on and get done with the 1968 Presidential Election?

I'd want to see it Wink
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 10:53:13 AM »

LoL Reagan
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 08:10:49 AM »

Does anyone want any more conversations before the election?

I like conversations, but I really want to see the election Wink
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »

=) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) !!!

I actually like terry sanford, he could have been a great president or vicepresident. Let's see what happens with him in this TL Wink
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »

Don't give up, Mr. Kennedy Wink
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 07:38:14 AM »

Merry Christman, Cathcon, and.. GO SANFORD!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 07:31:15 PM »

if hatfield wins the nomination (I doubt it) I may support him =)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 11:22:44 AM »

Interesting VP nominee... will he die before the election? xD
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »

Interesting VP nominee... will he die before the election? xD

Which one? Ashbrook, Bush, or Hubert H Humphrey?

ashbrook hahaha,... I think he died while running for senate, am I right?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 09:55:15 AM »

I really like the way you write this TL now ^^. thanks, update soon =)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 06:08:03 PM »

nice update, cathcon... but I think the new cabinate won't work for bush =). Bush / Ford hahahaha... the two last republican presidents who couldn't survive a democrat challenger haha...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 04:01:15 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

^^
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 02:07:13 PM »

I'd like to see how a church presidnecy would affect idahoans vote in the future haha... imagine, if in RL, church was elected president. would idaho be a democrat state, or at least,a no-that-republican state? I think so, but I'm endorsing bobby or carter for the presidency (I may decide later, hahaha).
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 10:03:38 AM »

don't mind cathcon =)

very interesting primaries, expected, but still interesting =)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 05:19:09 PM »

election night format would be interesting... but, anyways the election will be very intersting. a close race between kennedy and reagan ^^. two charismatic man fighting for the presidency... continue, please!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »

7:25
At the Bush for President campaign headquarters in Houston, Texas, members of the President's campaign watch the televised results intently. In more secluded areas, President Bush sits with his friends and political allies. They include Treasury Secretary John Tower, Congressman Donald Rumsfeld, Senator James Baker who is also Bush's campaign manager, Senator Ronald Reagan who is Bush's running mate, Vice-President Gerald Ford, and others.
    Ron: So far, you seem to be doing well. What I'd worry about is Ohio and Virginia at this point.
    George: Yeah. Also, we spent some money down in Delaware and New Jersey, hoping that the moderates could come out to vote. We have the potential to take all four of those states that are up for grabs.
    Jim: Looking at it, we can definitely counto on Vermont and Maine. We're counting on the West and the South to pull this out for us.
    Rummy: I campaigned all I could in Illinois. However, it's a Kennedy we're talking about and Daley sure as Hell is going to make sure the Chicago feeds it to him.
    John: Well, heh, at least you don't have to worry about Texas. That went for Kennedy three times.
    Ron: Also, we've got California in our column. That went for Kennedy in '68. There are definite improvements that we're looking at from eight years ago the last time we faced a Kennedy.
    George: How about Oregon?
    Ron: Eh...We were leading by one point yesterday. But, it's Kennedy, not some Southern Governor like Carter, and he's got the New Left on his side.
    Jim: Our entire campaign infrastructure has been weakened in Oregon since Hatfield announced his challenge last December. Now, the Republicans there aren't sure who they're going to vote for.
    George: **Sigh** For all we know that could be the election right there.
    Jerry: I'm glad that we're doing so well against Bobby. He's got more charisma and more support among minorities than Jack did eight years ago against Romney.
    Rummy: Shhh! More results are coming in!

This is awsome xD I'd like to read more "election night conversations". It seems like Bush was right about DE and NJ...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 05:10:15 PM »

7:37 PM
Boston, Massachusetts

In the Kennedy for President campaign headquarters, Senator Robert F Kennedy sits with his closest friends and allies on the campaign trail. They include Senator Ted Kennedy his brother and colleague, former President John F Kennedy, former DCI and campaign manager Sargent Shriver, Senator George McGovern who is Kennedy's running mate, Congressman Tip O'Neil of Massachusetts, and former Vice-President Terry Sanford.
    Terry: (looks at screen, then towards Bobby) Well, Bobby, I might as well congratulate you for doing what I could not.
    Bobby: Calm down, Terry. We haven't seen the rest of the results yet. The West and the South are still dicey.
    Jack: Well, Bobby (puts his right arm over Bobby's left shoulder) let's hoped that success runs in the family and you do what I could not. Win on the first time.
    Ted: Mm hm. (drinks alcohol from glass)
    Sargent: We've been trying to concentrate on the West. South Dakota, Oregon, and Washington are all states that are vulnerable. The campaign successes of 1964 and 68 were different from now. Then, we were trying to bank on disaffected Conservatives and that's how we did well in the West. This time around we're banking on moderates not being as attracted to the Republicans as in the past while at the same time energizing the New Left.
    Terry: Also, there are now pieces of the South open that weren't previously open.
    Sargent: That's right, and I think we could possible take Georgia in this scenario.
    George: As long as South Dakota, Oregon, and Washington go Democratic, I think I did my job.
    Bobby: That'd be correct.
    Ted: Some of that crap that the Bush campaign was tryin' to pull in the last few days! That was kind of funny! Saying that you tried to take down political enemies and all that with buggings 'n' sh**t! They musta had you confused with someone else.
    Bobby: ...
    Ted: Well, I'm gonna go 'n' get another drink. I'll be back though. (gets up and walks towards door leading out into main area) Sayin' you were connected to Joe McCarthy! Heh! (walks out)
    Bobby: (in whisper) I always retained a fondness for ol' Joe... (regular voice) By the way, Terry, would you be interested in a position should, hypothetically, I be victorious?
    Terry: Sure! I've been unemployed the last four years, but I guess I still have some qualifications.
    Bobby: How about Education? You'd be qualified for that.
    Terry: I guess I could take that job. After all, I should be used to working with a Kennedy. (turns to Jack)

I love Ted Kennedy haha... Democrats are way funnier than republicans, at least in this TL ^^!!
I hope Bobby wins!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 11:16:37 AM »

will you update today???
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »

update soon?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 07:52:18 AM »

Poor George... Bobby is the president!!! =)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 09:23:12 AM »

Poor George... Bobby is the president!!! =)

Not yet, & I won't say if he ever will be. He would need 9 more electoral votes to become President.

I think he wins Hawaii, Washington, Oregon and maybe Nevada
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies