Is Obama creating a police state?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:24:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Obama creating a police state?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Is Obama creating a police state?  (Read 1475 times)
Jim Rockford
angelagrace
Rookie
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2010, 12:14:57 PM »
« edited: November 28, 2010, 12:20:23 PM by Jim Rockford »

In this article Jeff Kuhner of the Washington Times does a great job making the case that yes, we are entering into a police state. The original source http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/nov/26/obamas-police-state/
Jim Rockford
angelagrace
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »

This is just the begining. If this was really about airline security they would treat all passengers equally and not ignore the true suspect who is the radical Muslim. Political correctness and Liberalism must and will be stopped at all costs. Obama, the 1 term president will be packing soon.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 12:26:58 PM »

This is what we get for voting for the kenyan communist muslim Barry Soetoro.
Jim Rockford
angelagrace
Rookie
United States
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 12:28:13 PM »

Seems like folks will fanatically defend Obama no matter what he does, says, lies about or what industry he destroys or controls next.  It is pointless to even debate with Liberals, they see through a cracked and foggy lense.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 12:31:13 PM »

And on that note, another reactionary gets put on my ignore list.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 12:42:43 PM »

As a decidedly NON-liberal (in the modern American sense) I find it ridiculous hyperbole to say we are living in any thing remotely like a "police state".  Especially if you're using as proof the current mess with the TSA (which I agree is silly, wrong and pointless).  This is as lame as the liberals calling GITMO a "gulag" or the anti-government types saying we are subordinates to Israel.  Hyperbole isn't helping (unless it's done for the funny of it of it of course).
Jim Rockford
angelagrace
Rookie
United States
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 01:17:59 PM »

Your response was an over simplified statement that didn'd address a single point in the Jeff Kuhner piece. If you defend Obama please do so with facts that answer the charges in the article
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 01:20:48 PM »

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Obama is trying to create a police state, but if we continue along the path that he and nearly every other 20th and 21st century president has paved, that's where we'll end up.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 05:59:10 PM »

lulz

Your response was an over simplified statement that didn'd address a single point in the Jeff Kuhner piece. If you defend Obama please do so with facts that answer the charges in the article
Firstly, the piece is from the Washington Times, a reactionary-biased newspaper schilling for the worst of the Republican wing of the Republican party.

Secondly, blowing in here with hyperbole as you did does nothing but make people here ignore you.  You'll find that this site isn't like the others.

Such "unreasonableness", if I might, is frowned upon.  You'll be seen as nothing more than an extremist partisan hack and people will simply either laugh, ignore, or make fun of all of your posts, serious or not.

If you can find a legitimate news source that carries such articles as the one you have posted above, I'd be more than happy to read it.  But an op-ed piece from a worthless right wing paper isn't going to convince anybody.

And please... please... don't start in on the OMGZ LOLZ BUT TEH MEDIA IS ALL LIBRUL RUSH LIMBAUGH SAYED IT SO meme. 
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 06:01:16 PM »

"Creating"?

It's here.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 06:11:06 PM »

From wiki:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
This very thread proves we are not living in a Police State.  The fact that you can drive (or take a train, or a bus) without the over the top pat downs further proves it.  Hell, you can fly without getting a pat down or "scanned" if you do it right.

Are we possibly going down that road? Maybe.  Are there some aspects of our country that fly in the face of freedom? No doubt.  Are we there yet?  Hell no and to say so is pretty silly.
beneficii
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 11:29:52 PM »

LOL, the Washington Times.  How's that Moon magic working for you?
Jim Rockford
angelagrace
Rookie
United States
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 11:41:08 PM »

lulz

Firstly, the piece is from the Washington Times, a reactionary-biased newspaper schilling for the worst of the Republican wing of the Republican party.

Secondly, blowing in here with hyperbole as you did does nothing but make people here ignore you.  You'll find that this site isn't like the others.

Such "unreasonableness", if I might, is frowned upon.  You'll be seen as nothing more than an extremist partisan hack and people will simply either laugh, ignore, or make fun of all of your posts, serious or not.

If you can find a legitimate news source that carries such articles as the one you have posted above, I'd be more than happy to read it.  But an op-ed piece from a worthless right wing paper isn't going to convince anybody.

And please... please... don't start in on the OMGZ LOLZ BUT TEH MEDIA IS ALL LIBRUL RUSH LIMBAUGH SAYED IT SO meme. 
This is not debate. You attack the source and dismiss it as a right wing worthless paper with not a single counter point  to a single point Kuhner made! I still see nothing as far as a case to be made against Kuhner. If this is a shill as you say why can't you prove your case by simply explaining where and why Jeff Kuhner is wrong? And this time without your lessons about the Forum or attacks on papers, or advice  or assumpotions that I listen to Rush or am going to start by saying something. You really have confidence in yourself. READ IT! If you can't read it and explain why it is not correct, don't bother responding. Go attack someone else with out reading their posted article to debate.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 12:07:24 AM »

Going there? Probably. Actually there? No.
beneficii
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 12:29:46 AM »

lulz

Secondly, blowing in here with hyperbole as you did does nothing but make people here ignore you.  You'll find that this site isn't like the others.

Such "unreasonableness", if I might, is frowned upon.  You'll be seen as nothing more than an extremist partisan hack and people will simply either laugh, ignore, or make fun of all of your posts, serious or not.

If you can find a legitimate news source that carries such articles as the one you have posted above, I'd be more than happy to read it.  But an op-ed piece from a worthless right wing paper isn't going to convince anybody.

This is not debate. You attack the source and dismiss it as a right wing worthless paper with not a single counter point  to a single point Kuhner made! I still see nothing as far as a case to be made against Kuhner. If this is a shill as you say why can't you prove your case by simply explaining where and why Jeff Kuhner is wrong? And this time without your lessons about the Forum or attacks on papers, or advice  or assumpotions that I listen to Rush or am going to start by saying something. You really have confidence in yourself. READ IT! If you can't read it and explain why it is not correct, don't bother responding. Go attack someone else with out reading their posted article to debate.

You're the one that came in here posting the Washington Times like it was a reliable source.  Did you know that its former owner (whose son now owns it) thinks he is the Messiah returned to earth to save us from our sins?  Did you know his church has violently suppressed dissent within its ranks?  Did you know that he considers homosexuals to be dogs, and that the Washington Times has been consistently homophobic and transphobic?

Why, god, oh why did you honestly think you could post a Washington Times article like it was a reliable source and be taken seriously?

If you're really interested in a serious discussion of this issue, please post another source, for the love of all that is holy!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 04:36:08 AM »

I'm quite sure the police state predates the births of any who've posted on this thread, and relating it specifically to Obama is hilarious, like the switcheroo about Bush being the war hero and Kerry the draft dodger.

It is an endless source of amusement and terror (is there a term or phrase for amused terror? there should be - we need one nowadays) to read what this right-wingers believe.

(Perhaps I'll suggest 'a thrill of angst'.  As in 'I was overcome by a thrill of angst, strangely pleasurable.  Then I simultaneously c**e in my pants and swooned')
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 04:48:29 AM »

This is just the begining. If this was really about airline security they would treat all passengers equally and not ignore the true suspect who is the radical Muslim. Political correctness and Liberalism must and will be stopped at all costs. Obama, the 1 term president will be packing soon.

As must Conservatism, which is another form of political correctness.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 04:58:18 AM »

As must Conservatism, which is another form of political correctness.

Worse, it is conformity to a world-view that is a blatant misrepresentation of reality.  At least with liberal political correctness, it is reflecting the reality of oppression.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 05:09:27 AM »

The police state part isn't the only hyperbole in this thread title.  "Obama creating," is too.

What the TSA does, what the DEA does, what anything private and public in this country right now does is the result of a snowball effect beyond any one man's control.  The TSA was created by a public conscience that was indoctrinated by Cold War paranoia that was invoked by the ego of people who died long before Barack Obama was even born.

Could Obama attempt to stop it? Possibly.  But he'd have just as difficult of a time as most.

If you want Obama to lose re-election, there are far more legitimate points to bring up than potential fascism.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 05:58:25 AM »

That's a cop-out answer. We should start electing presidents that would put a stop to this. This includes both large scale social and economic control of the people.
Jim Rockford
angelagrace
Rookie
United States
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2010, 09:21:38 AM by Jim Rockford »

It's a grave situation and most all of predicted by our Conservative patriot free thinkers such as the men and Women here.  http://www.toptalkradio.com
In Obama's closed mind his destiny is to knock the US off of her mantle as the superpower of the planet and transfer all her strength and resources elsewhere. It is an idea he harbored as a radical student and learned from his communist teachings he admired so dearly. It's tragic his defenders and fanatic followers are so caught up in the "Right/Left"game and fail to resist this attempt to transform America into a European-Global entity.  They will be to blame when and if it happens and furtheremore need to be kept seperated from the general population in Obama's intern camps in the future if it comes down to it.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 11:07:19 AM »

Then we have people like Jim, who ensure that people like Obama and Bush are re-elected.
Jim Rockford
angelagrace
Rookie
United States
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 12:02:54 PM »

Then we have people like Jim, who ensure that people like Obama and Bush are re-elected.
Nope. Why do you think everyone fits to a single mold? Let me ask you? If you are so "Indepenent" and "Unique" as everyone thinks. Who do vote for? We only have usually two to pick from that have a real chance. You see, if you are to participate you are limited. You can't bring your "Uniqueness to the polls if you are to vote. Every love to be so unique and pretend they have all of the answers but when it comes down to it, it's a choice between the lesser of 2 evils. So don't be so quick to think you are the only one who differs from our force fed choices we must side for. It aint that simple!
Jim Rockford
angelagrace
Rookie
United States
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 12:22:51 PM »

lulz

Okay, please provide your non bias reliable and trustworthy news source. Because you are claiming you have it I want to see it.
Jim Rockford
angelagrace
Rookie
United States
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 12:26:07 PM »

Source?. I am the source. Do you need a source when you are being felt up at the security at the airport? I see it with my own eyes. I see my all of these things Kuhner spells out. I only posted his piece because he is a respected world class historian, patriot and very articulate. This story is being lived out 1st hand by millions, that's your source.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies