Why does the left have to create such racist cartoons?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:03:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why does the left have to create such racist cartoons?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why does the left have to create such racist cartoons?  (Read 8593 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2004, 05:52:29 PM »

Humour has always helped understanding. Better to laugh than to fight. Political correctness here only drives tribalism underground -- where it festers.
 --Alex Dryden, Canada

intriguing point of view.  Everyone knows Canadians are pussies, but they can be prescient.  Does Dryden speak for all Canadians?  I doubt it.  But his comments speak for me.  Thoughts?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2004, 06:25:34 PM »

Humour has always helped understanding. Better to laugh than to fight. Political correctness here only drives tribalism underground -- where it festers.
 --Alex Dryden, Canada

intriguing point of view.  Everyone knows Canadians are pussies, but they can be prescient.  Does Dryden speak for all Canadians?  I doubt it.  But his comments speak for me.  Thoughts?

I find racial/ethnic humour hilarious. Wednesdays South Park when Cartman told Token to abadon his ebonic tribal speak was hilarious.  A joke is a joke.  I draw the line when something is meant to taunt or intimidate.  Stereotypes are funny and many are there for a reason (ahh thats good scotch) but once you mix in the element of anger it is uncalled for.  I started a thread about this about some Spanish soccer fans yesterday.  They were making monkey noises when black English footballers touched the ball.  This is an attempt to intimidate and demean and is not funny.   
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2004, 07:13:54 PM »

--Alex Dryden, Canada

Personally, I agree with him.  I've laughed at all sorts of jokes that many would probably consider offensive.  If a joke is told out of jest, I really don't care about "offensiveness".  It's not closet racism.  Humor is one of the most disarming things in the world.

The only time I would care is if its sole purpose was to hurt someone else, at which point it ceases to be humor.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2004, 09:51:30 PM »

I really don't have much of a problem with racist humor.

The problem I have with liberals using racist humor is that they believe their form of racism is justified because blacks like Condi Rice are not "authentic" because they don't necessarily hold the opinions that blacks are supposed to hold.

Blacks who stray from a highly destructive party line are vilified.  But has anybody ever noticed that blacks who do stray from that party line as defined by the Jackson/Sharpton cabal are generally far more successful than those who stick to it?

Confabulator
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2004, 06:53:47 PM »

Some racist humor is funny, but I really kind of just find it annoying when someone tells a joke about how black kids don't have fathers, or blacks don't work, or something of that sort.  It's not funny at all, it's just dumb.

LOL GET IT BLACKS DON'T WORK?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2004, 02:46:04 AM »

Some more tolerant cartoons from the left.

So much for the tolerant left.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2004, 02:18:23 PM »

that last one is downright creepy. 

(we get it:  BITCH, in the literal sense, but the gynomorphic dog is too wierd.)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2004, 07:20:28 AM »

We may be witnessing the final meltdown of the left as it is currently constituted.  It can't happen soon enough.

These are vile and disgusting cartoons.  This woman has done nothing to attract such hate, other than be a black woman who doesn't think the way these people think a black woman is supposed to think.

I happen to think that black people would be much better off if they had a significant presence in both political parties.  Having said that, the black movement in general has been far too dependent on the political system to solve what are essentially personal problems, but that's another discussion.

Many on the left just can't stand the fact that this woman has been successful without following their prescription.  She represents the type of black person they can't control, and that's why they hate her.  Has anybody ever noticed that black people who remain true to the orthodoxy of the left are far more likely to be living poorly than those who do not?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies