To 2012 and beyond
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:01:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  To 2012 and beyond
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: How long should I continue?
Stop Now
Never Stop
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: To 2012 and beyond  (Read 10961 times)
bloombergforpresident
obama12

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2010, 11:44:49 AM »

3 MORE STATES CLOSE POLLS!!! MORE PROJECTIONS TO MAKE!!!
Welcome back to CNN Election Night 2012. West Virginia, North Carolina, and Ohio are closing their polls at this hour. And we also have to more calls to make! We are putting West Virginia and Indiana in Romney's column. So let's see how this effects the map.

Romney-49
Obama-3

Meanwhile we have a few for Senate races to call. CNN can project that Sen. Joe Manchin will win reelection in West Virginia. We can also project that Bev Perdue will lose her reelection bid to State Sen. Phil Berger.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2010, 12:37:38 PM »

MORE POLLS CLOSE!!! PROJECTIONS TO MAKE!!!

Welcome back. Many states are closing their polls at this hour and we have a lot of calls to make. CNN can project that Mitt Romney will win Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Tennessee. We can also project that Barack Obama will win Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and D.C.

Romney-82
Obama-75

We also have a lot of senate and governor projections to make. CNN can project that Tom Carper will return to the Senate in Delaware. We can also project that Bob Casey, Jr. will win reelection in Pennsylvania. We can also project that Olympia Snowe will beat both her Democratic and Tea Party challenger in Maine. Rodger Wicker will also return to the Senate.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2010, 01:46:24 PM »

Go Mr. President =)
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2010, 02:12:02 PM »

I beg to differ (although it's not like I actually want Romney to be President, I just want Jindal to be the Vice).
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2010, 07:20:30 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2010, 07:23:05 PM by obama12 »

And welcome back to CNN Election Night 2012. Another two calls to make. CNN can now project that North Carolina, a state that went to Obama in 2008 will go to Romney this year. We can also say that Romney will win in Arkansas.

Romney-96
Obama-75

We also have some governor's races to call-Jack Markell will win in Delaware. Democrat Earl Tomblin will win in West Virginia . John Lynch will also win reelection easily in New Hampshire. Turning to the Senate elections, Richard Mourdock will defeat Brad Ellsworth to take Dick Lugar's seat so that seat will remain Republican. Bob Corker will also return to the Senate in Tennessee.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2010, 08:38:32 PM »

Another batch of calls to make at this hour. CNN can now project that Mitt Romney will win Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Dakota, Texas, and Wyoming while we can project that Pres. Obama will win Minnesota, New York, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island.

Romney-177
Obama-122

CNN can project that Connie Mack IV will win in Florida, a pickup for Republicans. Ben Nelson will lose to Jon Brunning in Nebraska ending his Senate career. Kristen Gillibrand will also win reelection in New York in a landslide. John Barrasso will retain his Senate seat in Wyoming while Sheldon Whitehouse will win an easy victory in Rhode Island. Bob Mendedez will also hold off former CNN host Lou Dobbs in New Jersey. Bill Richardson will also be elected to the Senate in New Mexico. The former governor and presidential candidate was expected to win here. We also can predict that Jat Nixon will continue to serve as the Governor of Missouri
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2010, 08:48:21 PM »

NM has't been called for Obama yet Sad
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2010, 09:00:12 PM »

9:37 PM EST-CNN has three major calls to make. CNN can project that President Obama will take Pennsylvania and New Mexico but we can also project that Gov. Romney will win in the electoral vote rich Florida-the state that decided the election in 2000. That brings the electoral map to this...

Romney-206
Obama-147

CNN can project that Chris Murphy will win in the Connecticut Senate race to replace Joe Liebramen. We can also project that Ben Cardin will win in Maryland Senate race and Sherrod Brown will win in Ohio to get a second term.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2010, 09:39:41 PM »

Winning NC should be a good sign, and winning Indiana is expected. If Republicans don't win, they should at least be able to expand on their 200b numbers, and they're doing just that.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »

10:00 EST-Three new calls to make at this hour. We can project that Romney will win Utah and Montana while Obama will take Michigan, the state where Romney was born.

Romney-215
Obama-163

CNN can project that Joseph Kennedy III will defeat Scott Brown in Massachusetts putting the Kennedy's back in Congress. We can also project that former Governor and DNC Chair Tim Kaine will defeat former Senator George Allen in Virginia. Jason Chaffetz who ousted Orrin Hatch in the state convention will win the Utah Senate race. Rick Hill will win the governor race in Montana. Gary Herbert will also win in Utah. Meanwhile, though Romney has a lead in electoral vote, Obama has a narrow lead in popular vote.

Popular Vote
Barack Obama/Joe Biden 49.5%
Mitt Romney/Bobby Jindal 49.1%
Other 2.4%
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2010, 12:08:19 AM »
« Edited: December 30, 2010, 12:10:43 AM by obama12 »

10:17EST-Two HUGE calls to make-one for Obama and one for Romney. We can project that Romney will win Ohio and Obama will win Virginia. These two states that we have been saying may decide the election.

Romney-233
Obama-176

We can also project that Mark Racicot will defeat Jon Tester in Montana-A Republican pickup. In a democratic pickup, Ron Kirk will defeat his opponent in Texas. Jon Kyl will beat Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona and he will remain Senate Majority Whip.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2010, 10:15:02 AM »

10:40PMEST-Another important call to make-CNN can project that Romney will win in Missouri. Let's see how this effects the big map.

Romney-243
Obama-176

Speaking of Missouri, CNN can project that Claire McCaskill will hold of Sarah Streelman to win another term in the Senate and in a surprise victory, Michelle Bachman will defeat Amy Klobuchar in Minnesota. In the popular vote count, Obama is expanding his lead.

Barack Obama/Joe Biden 49.9%
Mitt Romney/Bobby Jindal 49.2%
Other 0.9%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2010, 10:30:42 AM »

For Bachmann to win in Minnesota, Obama would have to be losing in an epic landslide and a lot more Senate seats would be lost by the Democrats. How did the most popular US Senator lose to one of the most controversial Congressmembers?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2010, 10:40:28 AM »

bachmann will never win in MN... and klobuchar will never loose there =)
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2010, 10:42:48 AM »

bachmann will never win in MN... and klobuchar will never loose there =)

Yeah, I know it's never going to happen but I just could not resist a Senator Bachman.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2010, 11:51:31 AM »

I agree - Bachmann is never going to win outside of the 6th District anytime soon. But it's still a wonderful TL! Please continue.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2010, 07:40:13 PM »

11:00PMEST-The West Coast polls are now closing and it will dramatically change the electoral vote count. Let's take a look!

Obama-254
Romney-253

We also have some more Senate Races to call at this point. CNN can project that Dianne Feinstein will win reelection in California. Debbie Stabenow will win in Michigan. Daniel Akaka will go back to the Senate in an unopposed race. Jack Darymple will win in North Dakota.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2011, 01:05:38 PM »

Update today or tommorow.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2011, 01:25:41 PM »

This is turning into a nailbitter!!

I can't imagine Obama losing NV. History is on Obama's side in WI and IA, but they could also go to Romney.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2011, 11:09:15 PM »

12:17AMEST-Breaking news now coming in - CNN can project that President Obama will win the state of Colorado and its 9 electoral votes.

Obama-263
Romney-253

Let's take a look at the remaining states reported results.

WISCONSIN-85% OF PRECINCTS IN
OBAMA-49.3%
ROMNEY-48.9%

IOWA-77% OF PRECINCTS IN
ROMNEY-49.2%
OBAMA-49.0%

NEVADA-52% OF PRECINCTS IB
OBAMA-50.2%
ROMNEY-49.5%

So as you can see, we are in for a very, very close race. We have another Senate race to project. CNN can now say that Paul Ryan will defeat Russ Feingold in Wisconsin. We are in for a long night so please stay with us on CNN.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2011, 11:55:07 AM »

1:14AMEST-One more call to make for Barack Obama. We can project that Nevada, with 65% in will go to President Obama tonight. This gives the President 269 electoral votes, one vote away from reelection.

Obama-269
Romney-253

Romney must win the two remaining states if he will become President. Another projection to make in Nevada, John Ensign will be defeated by Shelly Berkeley. Rob McKenna will defeat the incumbent in the Washington's Governor's race.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »

obama wins =)
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2011, 05:18:36 PM »

Or will he! I'm not saying he won't but I have some tricks up my sleeve.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2011, 05:38:24 PM »

I have decided to end this timeline after the 2012 Election. I hoped you all liked my first complete timeline. If anybody wants to suggest ideas for what I should do next it would be helpful. For me, I would like to do something like RFK in 1968 or Obama doesn't run in 2008 but any other ideas would be great.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2011, 11:50:39 PM »

I beg to differ (although it's not like I actually want Romney to be President, I just want Jindal to be the Vice).

Jindal is a terrible Governor and he'd be a terrible VP or President.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies