Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 09:56:59 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
| | |-+  Bush sends aid to Palestine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bush sends aid to Palestine  (Read 1649 times)
MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2004, 08:04:49 am »
Ignore

"Bush plans to give aid to Palestinians"

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration plans to give $20 million in aid directly to the Palestinian Authority, bypassing congressional restrictions as part of a renewed push for peace in the Middle East, sources familiar with the plan said on Wednesday.

The administration notified key congressional committees on Wednesday of its plans, which could be announced when outgoing US Secretary of State Colin Powell meets with Palestinian officials in the West Bank early next week.

Feel free to read the rest.

Attention bloggers:  Join SeededBuzz and gain access to thousands of new readers.  Simply paste a link and summary of your article for community members to link back to, drawing more activity to your site.  Membership is FREE!

Visit MODU's Musings

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell." - Betty Dawisha, Iraqi vote
ATFFL
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 08:07:43 am »
Ignore

This reeks of a parting gift to Powell.  Not really all that bad a move, but maybe just too soon.

The money should be carefully watched and some of it used to pay for the upcoming election.  Would be good to send the message that we support democracy.
Erc
YaBB God
Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 12:11:27 pm »
Ignore

Terror, like Communism, breeds in a climate of misery.  A Marshall Plan for Palestine (and, to a lesser extent, the entire Middle East) is exactly what we need.
angus
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 09:31:09 pm »
Ignore

this is going to piss off all those scorched-earth GOP neocons.  Good for him.  That move took balls.  That's the George Bush I voted for.  Summa you moderate GOP types ought to come out of the closet and help heal the wounded (or forgotten) left wing of this party so it can fly like the Eagle that it used to be.  Call it a parting shot (or a parthinan shot) to Colin, whatever you want, but, as Erc points out, it's the right thing to do.  And GWB is showing the world a huge pair.  No wonder he walks with such a cocky swagger.  With a huge pair like that dangling, you'd walk funny too.  Smiley

FOUR MORE YEARS
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 02:06:02 am »
Ignore

Terror, like Communism, breeds in a climate of misery.  A Marshall Plan for Palestine (and, to a lesser extent, the entire Middle East) is exactly what we need.

Here here!

this is real
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 10:57:01 am »
Ignore

this is going to piss off all those scorched-earth GOP neocons.  Good for him.  That move took balls.  That's the George Bush I voted for.  Summa you moderate GOP types ought to come out of the closet and help heal the wounded (or forgotten) left wing of this party so it can fly like the Eagle that it used to be.  Call it a parting shot (or a parthinan shot) to Colin, whatever you want, but, as Erc points out, it's the right thing to do.  And GWB is showing the world a huge pair.  No wonder he walks with such a cocky swagger.  With a huge pair like that dangling, you'd walk funny too.  Smiley

FOUR MORE YEARS

The 'left wing' of the GOP, if there is any of it left, should follow the rest of us to the Democratic party. 

This nonsensical money-giving will do nothing to reduce the hatred. 

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 11:08:11 am »
Ignore

FOUR MORE YEARS

The 'left wing' of the GOP, if there is any of it left, should follow the rest of us to the Democratic party. 

I thought you wanted to purge liberal elements from the G.O.P. I guess that was the "old opebo"
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 01:44:28 pm »
Ignore

FOUR MORE YEARS

I thought you wanted to purge liberal elements from the G.O.P. I guess that was the "old opebo"

Back then I was worried about economic leftism, now I'm worried about the social agenda of the christian right - I was blind, but now I see!

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

angus
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 05:11:57 pm »
Ignore

FOUR MORE YEARS

Back then I was worried about economic leftism, now I'm worried about the social agenda of the christian right - I was blind, but now I see!

you're a regular martin luther, what with all the soul-searching and hard gut-wrenching decisions you have made. 
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 04:57:18 pm »
Ignore

FOUR MORE YEARS

Actually,

Its neocons like me who have been asking for more aid to the Middle Eatern friendlies all along.

Its neocons like me who complained the loudest about the slow pace of reconstruction in Iraq and Afghanistan (see: N. Gingrich).

Its neocons like me who didn't need WMD or some other self interest based justification to remove a totalitarian thug.

We are the moderate wing of the party.  We are the liberals on economics, rejecting the harsh laissez faire of the hard right.  We are also the moderates on foreign policy, rejecting the traditional (and cold) realpolitik of the Scowcroft-Baker wing and the hysterical isolationism of the Buchanan right (if he can even be called right anymore).  The Rockefeller wing is not the moderate wing, just the self centered wing that does not believe in their responsibilities to the less fortunate among us and the less fortuante around the world.

Shut you hole... Conservatism is dead. I hope I get to see your head paraded on a pike with it.
phk
phknrocket1k
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2004, 04:08:44 pm »
Ignore

Sounds similar to Truman.

badnarikin04
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 03:40:22 pm »
Ignore

Aid here, Aid there, Aid everywhere!

Awwwww, Palestine, your brave leader died. Sad

Here, take the fruits of our disgruntled taxpayers!

www.badnarik.org
www.lp.org

Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout