PPP: Palin leads GOP primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:19:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP: Palin leads GOP primary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: PPP: Palin leads GOP primary  (Read 7183 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 03:53:48 PM »

she can't win without the support of jmfcst, who from 1976 has supported every eventual GOP nominee

She'll probably get it then.

she's not getting my support as long as someone like Pence or Thune is in the race.  I'd only support Palin over some hack-job like Santorum or a social liberal.

The 2012 race of the GOP presidential nomination is Pence's to lose at this point.  So let it be quoted.  So let it be done.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 09:38:46 PM »

It is just amazing that so many Americans can't see through the buffoon. Is our mass education that bad?

She loses big if nominated for President. She creates rifts within the GOP on whether to support her or run from her. Her coattails will drag many Republicans down to defeat, perhaps even aiding the return of the Democratic majority to the House of Representatives.

All that President Obama will have to do is to play the Cautious Statesman against her much as did LBJ against Goldwater.  He can leave the heavy hitting to everybody but himself and his closest associates. 

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 09:46:02 PM »

The 2012 race of the GOP presidential nomination is Pence's to lose at this point.  So let it be quoted.  So let it be done.

If you're really convinced of this, then you could make a lot of money off of Intrade on this.  Pence is only at 1.0 at the moment.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »

If you're really convinced of this, then you could make a lot of money off of Intrade on this.  Pence is only at 1.0 at the moment.

Don't entice the man to lose his money.  I'm serious here; I wouldn't even bet on Daniels and I think if he throws his hat in the ring he will win.  Betting on stuff like this is never a good idea.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 11:38:13 PM »

Don't entice the man to lose his money.  I'm serious here; I wouldn't even bet on Daniels and I think if he throws his hat in the ring he will win.  Betting on stuff like this is never a good idea.

It's not a good idea if you lose money.  It is a good idea if you gain money.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »

she can't win without the support of jmfcst, who from 1976 has supported every eventual GOP nominee

she's not getting my support as long as someone like Pence or Thune is in the race.  I'd only support Palin over some hack-job like Santorum or a social liberal.

jmfcst, you were a giant Palin fan in 08, what happened?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 01:05:40 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2010, 01:07:32 PM by jmfcst »

jmfcst, you were a giant Palin fan in 08, what happened?

she failed to know enough about the world outside of the state of Alaska, which in turn killed her self confidence and left her to lean solely on a deep bag of shallow folksy idioms...causing her to become everything on the national stage that she wasn't as governor.

and, granted, the same thing could happen to Pence, though I think he has more experience of dealing with national issues
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 01:07:22 PM »

There will be plenty of Santorum left over once jmfcst is done with Pence and Thune.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »

There will be plenty of Santorum left over once jmfcst is done with Pence and Thune.

i believe Santorum is intellectually dishonest and a troll.  I would never vote for him, regardless of his positions.
davajuan
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 02:51:49 PM »

No to Palin and Santorum. I want some remotely electable.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »

i believe Santorum is intellectually dishonest and a troll.  I would never vote for him, regardless of his positions.

Uh huh. Here's the real reason: Santorum is a Roman Catholic and we know how well those types play with you, jm.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 09:25:12 PM »

Uh huh. Here's the real reason: Santorum is a Roman Catholic and we know how well those types play with you, jm.

I like to pick on Phil about Rick Santorum because we mess around, but I will tell you...if Obama gets elected...2010 and 2012 could be a 1994-like year for Republicans. Keep in mind if you were a local town baitshop owner in 1994 who wasn't a Republican, you lost...it was that insane.

Someone like Rick Santorum would rally Republicans and Church-going voters like crazy...and if Obama is unpopular (as I anticipate the 44th President to be) then Santorum would have a real shot.

I would never vote for Rick Santorum

Uh, why?

Oh, wait. He's a Roman Catholic.

you wish, it would allow your anti-Catholic conspiracy theory to thrive.

your man is a hack, that is why I would never vote for him.  See this...

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/06/21/santorum-wmd/

and this...

http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dzbtm_DSufug
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 02:31:12 AM »

I like to pick on Phil about Rick Santorum because we mess around, but I will tell you...if Obama gets elected...2010 and 2012 could be a 1994-like year for Republicans. Keep in mind if you were a local town baitshop owner in 1994 who wasn't a Republican, you lost...it was that insane.

Someone like Rick Santorum would rally Republicans and Church-going voters like crazy...and if Obama is unpopular (as I anticipate the 44th President to be) then Santorum would have a real shot.

I would never vote for Rick Santorum

Uh, why?

Oh, wait. He's a Roman Catholic.

you wish, it would allow your anti-Catholic conspiracy theory to thrive.

your man is a hack, that is why I would never vote for him.  See this...

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/06/21/santorum-wmd/

and this...

http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dzbtm_DSufug

The Pope would be running the White House, right jm?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 03:13:42 AM »

You might as well just post that directly into the strawman thread Phil.

Remember that jmf supported Catholic Christine O'Donnell.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 03:39:20 AM »

Santorum is just a bit more vocal about his religion, wouldn't you say?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 05:04:21 AM »

No, O'Donnell was even more vocal and a certified witch to boot.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »

first, it's pretty stupid of you to accuse me of being dishonest about my feelings because I am fearlessly an open book.  Between you and Supersoulty, you two have a history of using your sectarian membership to accuse anyone who disagrees with you, just like Jesse Jackson uses the race card to excuse anyone who disagrees with him as racist.

or better, yet, you're like a dead person in the Sixth Sense - you only see what you want to see....do a search on the posts where jmfcst has used the word "Brownback"....you'll see I was hoping he would run and liked the fact he was Catholic and thought being Catholic would be a political plus for him in a national race.

As for Santorum, my opposition to him has nothing to do with his religion or his positions (the vast majority of which I agree with), because I wouldn't vote for Rick Santorum even if he had been sitting next to me in church over the last 18 years and spoke in tongues every Sunday.  He is intellectually dishonest, a hack, and a troll.  Therefore, I don't trust him.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 12:53:58 PM »

And the latter contradicts the former.  Wink

you two have a history of using your sectarian membership to accuse anyone who disagrees with you, just like Jesse Jackson uses the race card to excuse anyone who disagrees with him as racist.

No, I'm pretty sure I've used intolerance of Roman Catholicism only against you (and maybe Einzige and BRTD who are admitted haters of my religion) and for good reason.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Probably hoping because he was only a convert (thanks to Santorum, by the way. I'm sure if you knew that, you'd change your tune).

Not sure how he's a hack considering he has stood up to the Bush Administration and the party several times.

So what would be the first possible problem of a Santorum Presidency in your eyes, jm: mandatory participation in the sacrament of Reconciliation or establishing Latin as the official language?
Guderian

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2010, 01:05:36 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2010, 01:10:47 PM by Guderian »

O'Donnell is ex-Catholic turned "non-denominational evangelical", like Palin. No damn country club elitists from Rome will them wut too belive!

Santorum is not much better either. Some of his views like rejection of evolution are proof he's really a low-brower who is Catholic in cultural sense.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2010, 01:38:16 PM by jmfcst »

you two have a history of using your sectarian membership to accuse anyone who disagrees with you, just like Jesse Jackson uses the race card to excuse anyone who disagrees with him as racist.
No, I'm pretty sure I've used intolerance of Roman Catholicism only against you (and maybe Einzige and BRTD who are admitted haters of my religion) and for good reason.

Riddle me this…Since I’ve explicitly stated I have a problem voting for Romney due to him being a Mormon, what would be my motive for denying I have a problem with Santorum being Catholic?  The fact is I actually prefer a national catholic GOP candidate over another Christian candidate because Catholic republicans seem less likely to compromise on gayism and abortion, and catholic republicans are usually more electable because 1) they are less likely to be religious loons, and 2)  they have a better chance of winning states like OH and PA.

---

or better, yet, you're like a dead person in the Sixth Sense - you only see what you want to see....do a search on the posts where jmfcst has used the word "Brownback"....you'll see I was hoping he would run and liked the fact he was Catholic and thought being Catholic would be a political plus for him in a national race.
Probably hoping because he was only a convert (thanks to Santorum, by the way. I'm sure if you knew that, you'd change your tune).

I already know that because it was discussed several times on this forum in the run up to the 2008 race.  The fact is I didn’t care who converted him or the fact he was Opus Dei, I was glad to find out Brownback was Catholic due to the reasons stated above.

---

Not sure how he's a hack considering he has stood up to the Bush Administration and the party several times.

I found his WMD press conference highly highly offensive.  1) it was intellectually dishonest – we didn’t invade Iraq because we were looking for some rusty canisters of mustard gas, 2) it belittled the viewing public to think we would buy into such a crap claim, 3) it belittled the service of the soldiers that either had already died in Iraq or who were risking their lives in Iraq.

And even though I am probably aligned with Santorum on 95% of the issues, I can’t remember a politician who has ever made me so angry with a single act, and I am still angry about it today.   I consider Santorum to be the lowest of the low of politicians.  And to top it off, he dresses his kids funny.

--

So what would be the first possible problem of a Santorum Presidency in your eyes, jm: mandatory participation in the sacrament of Reconciliation or establishing Latin as the official language?

Your argumentative style has a lot in common with Santorum, I can see why you admire the guy so much.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 01:51:49 PM »

Catholic republicans seem less likely to compromise on gayism/

and catholic republicans are less likely to be religious loons,

what's your criteria of religious loon again?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 01:57:24 PM »

And the latter contradicts the former.  Wink

Well, duh!
It's Christine f***ing O'Donnell we are talking about.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2010, 02:00:53 PM »

What the hell is gayism?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2010, 02:07:18 PM »

A lyric from Give Peace a Chance?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2010, 02:15:12 PM »

Catholic republicans seem less likely to compromise on gayism/

and catholic republicans are less likely to be religious loons,

what's your criteria of religious loon again?

A weak minded unbalanced person who makes spiritual experience out of taking a dump
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies