Amtrak to Allow Guns on Trains
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:56:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Amtrak to Allow Guns on Trains
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Your opinion?
Democrat: Support

Democrat: Oppose

Republican: Support

Republican: Oppose

independent/third party: Support

independent/third party: Oppose

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Amtrak to Allow Guns on Trains  (Read 5001 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 11:42:31 PM »

I'm not sure I support it, but reading the article does provide a clearer view about what actually is going on. Just readin the title, you imagin some guy walking onto a train and whipping two shotguns out of a trench coat and shooting everybody and everything. It's not like that (according to the article).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 12:18:16 AM »

Threads like this just further prove how many left leaning hacks we have here.  No, "hack" isn't the right word...at least hacks try to defend their wrongness with spin and distractions.  Let me start over....

Threads like this just further prove how many left leaning brainless weenies we have here.

36.8%?
That's like less than half the forum.
That's a lot of brainless weenies (and it was worse when I posted that).
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 12:54:18 AM »

Threads like this just further prove how many left leaning hacks we have here.  No, "hack" isn't the right word...at least hacks try to defend their wrongness with spin and distractions.  Let me start over....

Threads like this just further prove how many left leaning brainless weenies we have here.

The title is pretty misleading and a lot of people probably didn't bother to read or skim the article.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »

Right, brainless.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 01:45:30 AM »

I'm not sure I support it, but reading the article does provide a clearer view about what actually is going on. Just readin the title, you imagin some guy walking onto a train and whipping two shotguns out of a trench coat and shooting everybody and everything. It's not like that (according to the article).

Well believe it or not, I actually support this.  It is just a poor choice of words on my part when I started this thread and poll. 
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 01:45:56 AM »

Stop projecting, dear.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »

This is a very small and not very noteworthy change - checked baggage doesn't even exist on the short-haul regional routes that most passengers actually take; it's only for long-haul (mostly overnight) routes. You still won't be able to take a gun on the Northeast Corridor, for instance, which is by far the busiest section of the network.

I support it... it only makes sense to bring it in line with airline policies (if not even moreso, because it's a lot easier to access an airline cockpit than a locomotive).

The main difference between airlines and trains for security purposes is that it's extremely difficult to bring down a plane from the ground, whereas you can cause a crash by obstructing the tracks without being on the train. So searching everyone on the train isn't likely to do that much in terms of preventing an attack.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 10:22:39 AM »

I don't really see a problem with it.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 12:19:39 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2010, 12:23:34 PM by London Man »

The main difference between airlines and trains for security purposes is that it's extremely difficult to bring down a plane from the ground,

Not if you have a Strela-2/SA-7 or similar MANPADS; it's been done a few times.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 03:54:14 PM »

I'm not sure how recent it is, or if it's just me who noticed it recently, but apparently now all the police of the SNCF, French national railroad company, is armed of guns, and well, when I see them patrolling in stations and trains like that, spontaneously, I don't like.

Also, something that isn't recent at all, I remind having seen it in big stations a decade ago, seems to appear each time the 'terrorist alert' is rather high, some soldiers patrolling in big stations and around it with, sometimes dogs, why not, but overall with war machine guns. Hmm, what the f**k? It's to put a maximum of bullets into a terrorist in case he takes too much time between the time he screams 'Allah Akbar!' and when he presses the button?? So useful. The only efficiency it has is to produce more feeling of fear into the population by showing such weapons, and then increasing tensions.

Or well, unless all of these weapons are to protect SNCF agents against all these less and less patient and more and more angry people because of those apparently more and more late or canceled trains, especially when you see that average prices for trains don't stop to crazily increase. I must say myself begin to lose trust in SNCF trains, and I find it a good surprise when one is on time, but guns for this, come on...
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 04:48:38 PM »

There is nothing disagreeable about this policy shift - I approve.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2011, 03:58:10 PM »

What's 'wrong' about wanting to disallow guns?
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 03:29:23 PM »

Of course opebo supports gun restrictions.  How else will the filthy poors be kept in line?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 07:20:24 PM »

Of course opebo supports gun restrictions.  How else will the filthy poors be kept in line?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies