The Great Primary Calendar re-shuffle Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:35:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Great Primary Calendar re-shuffle Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Great Primary Calendar re-shuffle Megathread  (Read 67058 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 11, 2011, 08:22:30 PM »

Indecision is better. That way he can't be blamed for trying to push things around for the sake of his candidacy. I'm sure they have plans if it's later or real early. But all this would do would be a negative for him, the media blames him for sticking his nose in Florida just to snatch the nomination instead of staying out of it, nobody caring, adapting to the situation, and still have the ability to win Florida.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:13:03 PM »

Hopefully they move back to March 6th.  I like seeing my state a major player in Super Tuesday.

If Newt is running won't everyone else just concede the state to him?

If Huck runs (I see it as unlikely) then no. I mean he was in Congress, it's not the same favorite son type deal as the senator or governor, but if Huck is out, then I don't see anyone else really have a chance for first down there until there's some major game changers (like the rise of Huckabee in 08 and fall of Thompson)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 05:17:42 PM »

Geez, we really don't have a lot of time left. For states that want change, most have to go to the legislature, and in most cases states are already halfway done meaning few new bills will be able to enter and make it out before the session closes.

If it weren't for Florida being such narcissists this could have worked out where only the first four states went in February, and then the rest in March and April mainly. Florida could have even gone at the end of February (though it wouldn't be worth it to lose half their delegates).
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:16:20 PM »

Like I said here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=128721.msg2871890#msg2871890

"The bill has now passed both houses of the legislature, and goes to Gov. Deal to sign."

That's where we're at right now.  Deal hasn't signed it yet, but everyone expects that he will.  Just like we have bills in DC, MD, OK, and WA to move or cancel primaries that have been passed by the respectively legislatures but aren't yet signed by the governor (or mayor in the case of DC).

Oh, sorry.  I missed that.

This will be a pretty neat primary season they way the schedule is shaping up.  It looks like we might have several smaller super-Tuesday like primaries after IA, NH, and SC.

That's whay I'm hoping for, it makes the season more fun then have the early states and 20 states on super tuesday. Mini super Tuesdays allow underdogs to make headway and such, and it adds drama Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 06:01:02 PM »

Colorado republicans may move up

http://www.coloradopeakpolitics.com/diary/513/make-colorado-count-gop-chair-ryan-call-considering-moving-colorado-gop-caucus-to-february
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »

If Arizona moves up and Missouri sticks, the earlier will all move up back to Jan and then you can be sure Colorado will move up to early Feb as well. Especially since the GOP Chair used to be a Romney staffer (and is Mormon) and now Perry is a potential threat, obviously they are extremely arrogant thinking Romney will carry the caucus again and putting a strong Romney showing up in the first few states will of course in theory help the campaign immensely. Especially since we do have some delegates, even if we are cut in half.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 11:45:46 AM »

Colorado GOP is voting now to move up to Feb 7 with full support from elected officials and the party leadership Cheesy

And there's an extremely high chance there won't be a penalty since we elect the delegates months later at the convention.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 01:47:56 PM »

WOO!!! It's official. Colorado moves up to Feb 7, the day after Iowa (for now) Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »

Remember that the caucus was what propelled Maes to win the nomination and destroyed Norton's hopes for grass-roots support.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 06:51:35 PM »

^

If anyone took him seriously they should see how screwed up he is. Why would he strive to destroy an economy to punish a political party picking a date for their state?

lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies