JCP Convention, December 2010 (endorsements posted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:28:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCP Convention, December 2010 (endorsements posted)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: JCP Convention, December 2010 (endorsements posted)  (Read 9146 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »

Mr. Fuzzleton, checking in.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 12:52:19 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2010, 12:54:26 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

If I can serve as Secretary and Whip simultaneously I'll do so, just to tide us over. *shrug*
Hopefully Arch will come back! The JCP could definitely use some more active members if competition is truly the goal of this split.

I'm going to remain Independent for a while longer, however, if you would like to professionally contract my services, I will consider it.  I have been known to be a good Secretary (hell I edited the Wiki for the party on numerous occasions even when I wasn't in the party, and helped run the ballots and nominations business)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 01:09:02 AM »

If I can serve as Secretary and Whip simultaneously I'll do so, just to tide us over. *shrug*
Hopefully Arch will come back! The JCP could definitely use some more active members if competition is truly the goal of this split.

I'm going to remain Independent for a while longer, however, if you would like to professionally contract my services, I will consider it.  I have been known to be a good Secretary (hell I edited the Wiki for the party on numerous occasions even when I wasn't in the party, and helped run the ballots and nominations business)

If you like being secretary, it mightn't be a bad idea to have you do it, since Oakvale doesn't seem overly excited about dual roles. 

The only problem is if you decide to join UDL and you need to know confidential information regarding the JCP in order to fulfill your duty...  but we'll cross that bridge when it comes.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 01:11:36 AM »

If you like being secretary, it mightn't be a bad idea to have you do it, since Oakvale doesn't seem overly excited about dual roles. 

The only problem is if you decide to join UDL and you need to know confidential information regarding the JCP in order to fulfill your duty...  but we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

As I said, I plan to be Independent for a while and support both parties in their development.  But you may contract my services as an outside worker.

And trust me, I don't take volatile information lightly.  Oakvale can attest to that.Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 06:06:45 AM »

I'm running for reelection.

Sorry, I've been insanely busy with final papers and such right now, and while I have been on the Atlas it was only as momentary distractions to my essay-writing. After the next week or two, however, I'll have no activity problems Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 08:15:07 PM »

I'm running for reelection.

Sorry, I've been insanely busy with final papers and such right now, and while I have been on the Atlas it was only as momentary distractions to my essay-writing. After the next week or two, however, I'll have no activity problems Smiley

Cool! Cheesy
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 10:09:58 AM »

I suggest, in light of our reduced ranks, we simply elect our party officials by acclamation.

So, without further ado - I suggest appointing Archangel as Secretary for the time being. I'll stay as whip, I assume bgwah wants to carry on as Chair, and if need be I'm sure we can find someone to be Pacific chair.

Any objections? Tongue
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 10:50:13 AM »

We do have by-laws:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »

We do have by-laws:

bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »

We do have by-laws:

lol, this is what I was reading:

J. If any Party Official leaves the Jesus Christ Party, is removed from the Jesus Christ Party, or does not post on the Atlas forum for twenty days without a prior declaration of his absence, they are immediately removed from his Party Office.

K. Should an official be removed from office, the Party Chairman will then appoint a replacement for the remainder of the term. If the ousted official is the Party Chairman, then the Vice-Chair will replace them.

They definitely conflict (or are overly vague at least). What do you guys want to do? I have no strong preference either way. Grin
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »

I think K is pretty clear that the chair appoints replacements in this case.  B just says the vacancy will be filled, it doesn't say how.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 12:13:49 PM »

Right, so I think our objectives should be fairly evident -

1) Appointing people to vacant party positions.
2) Endorsements for the at-large Senate race, and regional contests.

I think it might also be helpful to take a long look at where we are - and want to be - as a party. It's clear that the UDL is, uh, 'hip' at the moment, and newly registered liberals will probably join that as the flagship party of the 'left', at our expense. It might be helpful to decide exactly what our common philosophy is, and, perhaps, narrow it down somewhat, given that the UDL is based, by definition, on a broad, somewhat vague left-wing message. We may have lost a lot of members, but I believe we can still stay both relevant and influential by adapting to our new environment.

Anyway, that's my $0.02 Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 07:53:35 PM »

Right, so I think our objectives should be fairly evident -

1) Appointing people to vacant party positions.

Of course. Anyone who wants the remaining open position could probably have it. Tongue

Oakvale, I suppose Pacific Chairman is also open again--I would happily let you have it, if you like (though I would love to see Arch return and take it back Tongue). Alternatively, I could fill the position with myself (lol) if nobody else wants it. Grin

I like to wait as long as possible, given the rather late deadline for declaring. Lief just declared, for example! I'll open endorsement voting on Monday at the latest.

Personally, I would like to see the JCP remain a big tent party for anyone left of center.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »

For now, I hope to get the party's second endorsement (after Bacon King), though if Barnes does reappear and decides to seek re-election, I will preference both him and BK above myself.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 11:57:57 PM »

I would like to open the convention floor to non-JCP candidates seeking our party's endorsement.  Would that be acceptable, Mr. Chairman?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2010, 11:59:08 PM »

I would like to open the convention floor to non-JCP candidates seeking our party's endorsement.  Would that be acceptable, Mr. Chairman?

Absolutely.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, 12:03:48 AM »

Very well, then.  Non-JCP candidates are invited to address this convention.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2010, 12:56:20 AM »

I'm back! Glad to see we're not thinking about dissolving.

Perhaps this would be the best time to try spuring activity among our less active members? Seems a primary job of the Secretary ("come to the convention! It's fun!") and Whip, in that order.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2010, 01:58:33 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2010, 02:06:44 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Seems a primary job of the Secretary ("come to the convention! It's fun!") and Whip, in that order.

You guys need to decide on one first.

As for being a non-JCP candidate, I would like to sincerely ask the JCP's support in my re-election bid for Pacific Lt. Governor.  I am running again on the ticket with my good friend Oakvale, and hopefully we'll have a killer re-election.Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2010, 04:22:11 AM »

Absolutely.

I'd be glad to receive the JCP's third preference. I've been a longtime JCPer and I would have no problem working with other JCP Senators. Smiley
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2010, 10:19:42 AM »

Absolutely.

I am definitely interested in seeking JCP support.  I have already posted my positions, but am willing to answer any questions that might help anyone here in deciding whether to support me.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2010, 10:30:52 AM »

The latest post in Junkie's campaign thread has pretty much sold me on him.  I find his attitudes a refreshing breath of fresh air.  I endorse Junkie's candidacy, and I am reccomending a high preference for him in our party's endorsements.

I would like to time from this campaign to talk about the recent death of Senator Libertas.  It is very clear that there are very strong opinions on both sides.  In fact, it is probably not a wise decision to even weigh in on this issue at the risk of alienating either side.  I am hoping to draw support from every party, large and small, and serve everyone by addressing the issues the best way I can.

However, I have made it abundantly clear that I entered this race in an attempt to bring civility and rational discourse to the process.  Thus, while as a "new guy," I could duck the issue, I feel I must in order to stay true to the candidate (and hopefully Senator) I aspire to be.

I did not agree with Libertas on many issues.  Two that come clearly to mind are the Libertas Amendment (one of the reasons for previous aborted campaign when I was not eligible) and on the role of a prosecutor (I still believe that Marokai Blue acted in the truest and most ethical standards of that role).

However, while I always found my limited interaction with him to be cordial, his tone elsewhere and some of his opinions (which I do not deny him the right to have) I found down right offensive.  I will not weigh in on the legitimacy of any ban, we are using Dave's property and he has certain rules that we must all abide by.  But we all know these rules and sometimes there are prices to pay.

At the same time, I feel the need to say that I have found several of the reactions to his death to just as offensive.  While I understand why people my have such strong feelings, where does it end? 

As many of you know, I have decided to take up Xahar's excellent idea to try and compose a history of Atlasia (questions coming to "elderly" members still around).  One thing that has become abundantly clear, divisive rhetoric and hateful posts will only have negative effects on this game.  Many times back then, members concentrated more on "troll hunts" and attacking posts than actually trying to make this game work.  It has caused, and will cause, valuable members of the game to leave in disgust.

So please, whatever your feelings about Libertas, keep the discussion civil.  This is politics, so heated and impassioned are acceptable, but what I have seen recently is not.

Thank you for your time.

Junkie
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »

Are there any other non-JCP candidates wanting JCP support?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2010, 02:42:32 AM »

I'm not a candidate for anything, of course, but it's clear to me that Antonio deserves what little support you could provide him. He's been very active, he's done almost as much as someone could possibly do without actually holding high office before. He's been "waiting in line" so to speak for a very long time, and I would just hope that you could all remember what a good guy Antonio is, regardless of the party he joined and the party he left to come join it.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2010, 02:44:12 AM »

I wish to be considered.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies