US House Redistricting: Nevada (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:22:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Nevada (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Nevada  (Read 34920 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 30, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »

In regards to Sharron Angle's candidacy in NV-2, am I correct that none of the redrawn districts will be conservative as the current NV-2? Though I imagine if she wins the special, that may give her an advantage in 2012.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »

In regards to Sharron Angle's candidacy in NV-2, am I correct that none of the redrawn districts will be conservative as the current NV-2? Though I imagine if she wins the special, that may give her an advantage in 2012.

I would presume that is correct to an extent, the district that ends up anchored on the portions of Clark County outside of Las Vegas will probably be the most conservative district, as it will take in numerous rural counties, but even then will be less conservative. The rural counties being in separate districts changes the game somewhat.

Good, the new map will be harder than the current map for Angle (or other ultra-right Republican) to win, even if the partisan balance isn't any better (or worse). Do the rural counties have to be split up, or is this just what the NV legislators are proposing? I realize a CD with all the rural counties would have to take in Reno, assuming no Clark-to-Reno gerrymander. Also, is Clark outside of Vegas really that conservative? IIRC, there's some unincorporated areas that vote heavily Democratic.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 03:22:57 PM »

Another thing Dems need to keep in mind about aiming for a 3-1 delegation (probably moot since Governor would veto) is that it would give a very Republican (by NV standards) NV-2 that would likely elect Angle.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »

What are the Presidential results in the Clark portion of the proposed NV-4? I assume this is the vast majority of the CD population. Why is this more Democratic than NV-3? Probably race, but is there any other factor here?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies