Prominent Progressive Leader: Burning fossil fuels could lead to burning kittens
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:16:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Prominent Progressive Leader: Burning fossil fuels could lead to burning kittens
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Prominent Progressive Leader: Burning fossil fuels could lead to burning kittens  (Read 792 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2010, 02:24:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/van-jones-bonus-using-finite-fossil-fuels-could-lead-to-burning-kittens/
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 02:31:45 PM »

lol Van Jones.
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »

Van Jones is hilarious, but I wouldn't call him a leader.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »

Jbrase, I don't think you should call crazies like these "prominent" until they start to primary reasonable Democrats and install crazies like them. That's the difference between these people and the Tea Party.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 02:44:29 PM »

progressive = liberal
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 02:49:27 PM »

Define liberal.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2010, 03:58:40 PM by jmfcst »

they are members of the head-up-their-arses group, though not all members of the head-up-their-arses group are liberals.

liberals are basically unwilling to allow those unwilling-to-work the freedom to starve to death, and instead believe the solution for helping those unwilling-to-work is to turn them into leeches sucking the lifeblood out of the freedom of those who are willing-to-work.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »

"prominent"? "leader"?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 04:26:47 PM »

they are members of the head-up-their-arses group, though not all members of the head-up-their-arses group are liberals.

liberals are basically unwilling to allow those unwilling-to-work the freedom to starve to death, and instead believe the solution for helping those unwilling-to-work is to turn them into leeches sucking the lifeblood out of the freedom of those who are willing-to-work.

I guess those 9.8% unemployed (and much more if you look at the U6) are just unwilling to work?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 04:43:07 PM »

I guess those 9.8% unemployed (and much more if you look at the U6) are just unwilling to work?

I'm not talking about the current crisis, in which I have supported massive spending (TARP, stimulus - though much different mix).  rather I am talking about in any given economic condition, liberals are unwilling to allow the unwilling-to-work to starve.  instead, the budget has an increasing percentage going to "entitlements".  in fact, much of economic system is arranged according to entitlements. 

liberalism is the acceptance of mediocrity, which has done nothing but destroy the structure of family
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »

I'm not talking about the current crisis, in which I have supported massive spending (TARP, stimulus - though much different mix).  rather I am talking about in any given economic condition, liberals are unwilling to allow the unwilling-to-work to starve.  instead, the budget has an increasing percentage going to "entitlements".  in fact, much of economic system is arranged according to entitlements. 

liberalism is the acceptance of mediocrity, which has done nothing but destroy the structure of family

I don't think we have welfare in this country. Temporary assistance, sure, as well as help for the poor, but not outright welfare.
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix
E: -5.87, S: -2.87

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »

How about those "unable-to-work", should they starve to death too?
Seniors?
Should the children of those "unwilling-to-work" starve to death, as well?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies