Iraq is SUCH a mess
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:27:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Iraq is SUCH a mess
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iraq is SUCH a mess  (Read 2501 times)
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2004, 09:16:26 PM »

HA, teach them a real sport.

Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 09:17:01 PM »

Check out this website:
http://www.pbase.com/kburch/the_picture_from_iraq_you_wont_see_in_the_news

Especially, this letter from a Marine:
http://www.pbase.com/kburch/dear_america

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 09:18:22 PM »

Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 09:23:30 PM »

Thank you to all Americans that support their troops, thank you President Bush, and a big thank you to the United States Air Force, Marine Corps, Army, Navy, and the other people involved in Iraq.
Angel of Death
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 09:34:42 PM »

Tell me again what the difference is between executing an unarmed person and...executing an unarmed person.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 09:43:38 PM »

Tell me again what the difference is between executing an unarmed person and...executing an unarmed person.
Nothing.  I doubt he went in with the intent of killing as many innocents as possible.  Until you're in the same situation where your life might depend on someone waving a white flag blowing himself up, maybe, just maybe, you should give the poor Marine the benefit of the doubt.

And lets not forget Kerry and how he shot an unarmed, wounded person in Viet Nam (and I don't find fault with his actions in the situation he was in).
Angel of Death
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 09:55:58 PM »

Issues of morality aside, this tape was continuously shown uncensored on the Arab channels and you DO realize this will have an effect orders of magnitude greater than any of the info you've posted now, right?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 09:57:52 PM »

Issues of morality aside, this tape was continuously shown uncensored on the Arab channels and you DO realize this will have an effect orders of magnitude greater than any of the info you've posted now, right?
It wasn't showed on al-Jazeera.  Which Arab networks are you talking about?  Please point me to some sources.  Arabic is fine, because I'm fluent in Arabic.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 10:07:46 PM »

You're right. Iraq is such a mess. I mean, the focus is all wrong, the colors are overly saturated, and there is no artistic creativity.
Angel of Death
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 10:09:31 PM »

Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabiya, but I only got it from second-hand sources.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 03:31:19 PM »

That soldier should be given a medal. Not put on trial. He did what he had to do in a battle situation and I have nothing but respect for him.
Confabulator
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 04:29:25 PM »

....Actually, he and his squad/battalion/whatever violated a lot of rules that are in place to protect the wounded on both sides.  They killed a number of wounded people in there.  I'm not going to salute that, but I understand it.  THe reality is, they shouldn't have cameramen with them.  This is the kind of thing that's really wrong, but they would normally be ignored, because it's just the type of thing that happens in war.

I read something about how a number of arab networks are playing this video repeatedly, and it's stirring up the same attitudes among arabs as the Abu Ghraib videos did.  Naturally, none of these networks are playing the video of the completely innocent aid worker, there for the Iraqi's help, being killed.

This war is a public relations disaster.  The army psyiops or whoever is in charge of that has failed a number of times in keeping damaging things from leaking, and it's really hurting our image among Middle Easterners.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 04:51:15 PM »

Yeah, my friends dad is over there now and he sent back a ton of photos much like the ones you posted.  As you can see, they hate us.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2004, 05:53:36 AM »

Yeah, my friends dad is over there now and he sent back a ton of photos much like the ones you posted.  As you can see, they hate us.

Somebody must, because they're fighting to the death..

I'm pretty sure it is the Sunnis.  And who could blame them?  It would be as if South Africa invaded the U.S. and knocked we whites out of the catbird seat.
M

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2004, 12:42:44 PM »

Has anyone seen "the Incredibles" yet? What y'all are trying to do to our military now is the exac same as what happens to the heroes in the beginning of that movie. Now, when the military is so terrified of criticism that it is completely inoperational, the Leftists will all die too like the rest of us, 'cause there's no one else out there willing to stop the bad guys.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 01:42:34 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2004, 01:52:00 PM by opebo »

Has anyone seen "the Incredibles" yet? What y'all are trying to do to our military now is the exac same as what happens to the heroes in the beginning of that movie. Now, when the military is so terrified of criticism that it is completely inoperational, the Leftists will all die too like the rest of us, 'cause there's no one else out there willing to stop the bad guys.

How is noticing the fact that vast numbers of Iraqis hate the U.S. criticising the military?

Todays news: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20041120/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_2
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2004, 03:57:22 PM »

That soldier should be given a medal. Not put on trial. He did what he had to do in a battle situation and I have nothing but respect for him.

Couldn't agree more.
Confabulator
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2004, 07:02:19 PM »

I just heard of another instance where some insurgents waved a white flag, and then attacked U.S. soldiers when we went to check them. 
You can't really deal with these people in a correct way.  They know the only chance they have is to get all the other muslims on their side, which Al-Jazeera is accomplishing fairly well.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 08:22:38 PM »

Al-Jazeera broadcasting should be shut down and replaced with pro-America propaganda.
Confabulator
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 09:05:39 PM »

Yeah, that'll go over well.  Oh, wait.  It won't.
Angel of Death
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2004, 10:18:16 PM »

Here's something to counter the pro-invasion propaganda:
http://www.grain.org/nfg/?id=253
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies