In Obama's mind, what does "clinging to religion' mean, exactly? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:07:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  In Obama's mind, what does "clinging to religion' mean, exactly? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In Obama's mind, what does "clinging to religion' mean, exactly?  (Read 2779 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: December 30, 2010, 12:11:21 AM »

His point (well, I have no idea what his point is, I'm not a psychic and I really don't care but whatever) is that these people, here referring to working class folk in Pennsylvania if I remember correctly, have been driven into desperate destitution by the international neo-liberal institutions that control our economy and our politics. Their economic and social way of life has been destroyed, many of them have lost their jobs or their homes (and with it their self-sufficiency and confidence in themselves). With the destruction of their communities, their livelihoods, their futures and their history, the only thing they have bigger than themselves to attach themselves to is religion. And the right-wing in this country, very cynically as is their modus operandi, will make up false threats to this religion (THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS! BIG CITY LIBERALS! ATHEISTS! BANNING PRAYER IN SCHOOL!) that these cornered, frightened animals of people cling even tighter to this last ray of (false) hope in their lives, in doing so ignoring the real villains who have actually wronged them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies