In Obama's mind, what does "clinging to religion' mean, exactly? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:35:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  In Obama's mind, what does "clinging to religion' mean, exactly? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In Obama's mind, what does "clinging to religion' mean, exactly?  (Read 2789 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: December 11, 2010, 05:26:17 AM »

Basically, it's saying that religion is a crutch for the weak or the stupid.

It's a pretty odd thing for a Christian to say.

It is an encouraging sign that Obama may not be one of the horrible christians that infest our polity.

That would be just awful! I mean, they believe in kindness and they believe in redemption, that has to be the worst religion on the face of the earth!

Sorry to pick on you, but is there any religion out there that doesn't believe in kindness? Tongue

As for the topic at hand, I think his comments show he leans towards agnosticism/atheism or he isn't a very devout Christian. I hope this means he stays away from fundamentalism. It is a very dangerous quality in people with power. Just witness Bush's presidency, and the Iraq fiasco specifically.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies