JCP Convention, December 2010 (endorsements posted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:48:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCP Convention, December 2010 (endorsements posted)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: JCP Convention, December 2010 (endorsements posted)  (Read 9136 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2010, 03:18:29 AM »
« edited: December 23, 2010, 03:22:17 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

No I didn't inform the SoFE directly at the time because a Special election was judged unnecessary due to the closeness of the election and thus a pointless endeavour, untill now with the amendment to the Proportional Representation act. Had this question about the legitimacy of the vacancy clause not been left open like this, I would have posted something similar to what I did for Libertas, at the time. However, the OSPR says I "....Shall further notify the SoFA (an office no longer existing) or Regional Governor, as appropriate, of the vacancy". It doesn't say where the notification must occur or how, and thus my thread alerting that Barnes exceeding the 21 days should suffice under that as "notification".  

I would say that a decision as to the holding of the election is not yours to make - but for the DoFE.

The rules give you the duty simply of notifying such vacancies as may occur to the appropriate authorities (and indeed, the SoFA no longer exists in that form, but it has a successor office that one can reasonably infer should be notified instead).

I didn't god damn it.

President Fritz did!!!!!!!!
As the election for his seat is in less than 21 days, there will not be a special election.

If my memory serves me, Barnes wasn't discovered till after Libertas ban and this subsquent post by the President and the SoFE never disagreed or contradicted him.

I suggest that before you try to attack me and insult my performance as PPT you better quit making stupid assumptions and guesses and find out what the hell you are talking about. I don't give a damn who you are or what you have done before in this game, I won't take that crap from anyone.

Ridiculous. Roll Eyes
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2010, 03:23:57 AM »

And if expulsion has been in the constitution this long, why the hell didn't you guys account for it the OSPR years ago?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2010, 08:59:44 AM »

Is the convention over now? If so, can I go home and people please go continue this bitter argument over parlimentary procedure in another thread?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies