Edwards 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:26:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Edwards 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Edwards 2008  (Read 2171 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 10, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »

I tried to rally my Republican friends to hope for an Edwards nomination as early as 2006, with most of them seeming to be most fearful of him.

I degraded his campaign as a "poverty/aww shucks" laughable race by an empty suit who cried about poverty while living in a mansion. I said he wouldn't have won his homestate and was the least electable Democrat. My friends thought I was crazy.

Indeed, I think regardless of his sex scandal, Edwards would have lost. However, the scandal was just the icing on the cake.

Does anybody believe that he could have recovered from the scandal in August 2008 just as he selected a running mate? The scandal would have broke just as the DNC was about to or was occurring, and right before the RNC.

How would the polls have looked in September 2008? If I recall, most of September, McCain held a small to at times large lead against Obama. That was just a post-Palin/RNC bump. How would polls have looked for a McCain/Edwards race following Edwards sex scandal in August?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies