US House Redistricting: Wisconsin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:26:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Wisconsin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Wisconsin  (Read 28770 times)
Kevinstat

« on: August 07, 2011, 10:46:37 AM »

Has Governor Walker signed the legislative and congressional redistricting bills yet?  I know he hadn't at the time he signed the bill authorizing the redistricting to be done earlier than it usually is done there (and thus before Tuesday's recall elections) but I haven't read of him signing either plan into law.  Could the Senate recall those bills from the Governor if he hasn't signed it by the first time they meet after Tuesday's recall, assuming the Democrats win a majority.

Also, does Wisconsin have a "people's veto" procedure?  I imagine not, as otherwise the Democrats would have focused on that re: the legislation on public collective bargaining rather than or in addition to the recall.

Bottom line, is the congressional and legislative redistricting in Wisconsin a done deal now, barring a lawsuit?  And how likely is such a lawsuit to be sucessful?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies