US House Redistricting: Wisconsin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:30:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Wisconsin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Wisconsin  (Read 28766 times)
BigSkyBob

« on: June 13, 2011, 12:25:04 PM »

There are rumors that the Republicans are going to try to shove through redistricting in a special session this week.

All 3 levels?

I'm not sure, but I don't see how they could do Congressional redistricting without the new ward data (since they would need to have zero deviation, while state legislative districts get a 5% leeway). Besides, they just need to do the state legislature right now to screw up the recalls.

It is a bizarre notion to claim that after a special election in a district some folks would have two representatives, and others none. Unless Wisconsin law has some very bizarre elements, special elections are held under the old lines until the next general election.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:54:47 PM »

Where in the article does it say, "They are trying to ram through maps before the recalls?"

BigSkyBob

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 08:13:30 PM »

The article noted the Speaker of the House as saying he hadn't decided anything one way or the other.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:58:28 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2011, 09:00:23 AM by BigSkyBob »

The article noted the Speaker of the House as saying he hadn't decided anything one way or the other.

You aren't very bright, are you?

I know when speculation is presented as fact, and I know what Saul Alinski had to say about the use of sarcasm.

P.S. Resorting to sarcasm is an admission on your part that you were wrong, isn't it?
BigSkyBob

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »

This is something that Democrats should have done in New York in 2009/2010 to ensure that they kept the State Senate in 2010. 

Pray tell how the Democrats in the State Senate were suppose to do it when the NY state Constitution requires that official census figures be used for the '02 years only to redistrict.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »

You aren't very bright, are you?

I know when speculation is presented as fact, and I know what Saul Alinski had to say about the use of sarcasm.

P.S. Resorting to sarcasm is an admission on your part that you were wrong, isn't it?

Reading Saul Alinski won't help you with the girls.

Being familiar with Saul Alinski will help one with ad hominem abuse posters on the internet.

BigSkyBob

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 11:20:15 AM »

What exactly is "angry" about him in this article? He sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I think the appropriate word is "hypocritical" given the fact that when Mr Obey and Mr Sensenbrenner sat down to reapportion they didn't aim at increasing the competitiveness of Wisconsin seats, rather they increased the Republican nature of Republican held seats and the Democratic nature of Democratically held seats. That is exactly what the proposed map does.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies