Unbought & Unbossed: Shirley Chisholm for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:19:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Unbought & Unbossed: Shirley Chisholm for President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Unbought & Unbossed: Shirley Chisholm for President  (Read 15303 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »

Stay Tuned...!!!
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 04:24:55 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2010, 05:19:42 PM by Progressive »

1972 Democratic Primaries

Candidates + Results
Senator George McGovern (SD)* winner 25%
Vice President Hubert Humphrey (MN) runner up 24%
Governor George Wallace (AL) 24%
Senator Scoop Jackson (WA) 14%
Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm (NY) 14%

*Senator Muskie of Maine decides not to run*

In an unprecedented move, George McGovern selects Shirley Chisholm to be his running mate. Many at the 1972 Democratic National Convention in Miami Beach, Florida are up in arms. Specifically, Governor George Wallace paid for radio announcements to urge Democrats not to "support this social experiment that risks the future and integrity of Democrats throughout the country and for future generations." Racial issues were still sensitive in the early 70s.

Senator McGovern is nominated almost unanimously by Democratic delegates.

Vice Presidential Selection

Shirley Chisholm, Congresswoman from New York. Ms. Chisholm was the "proud choice" by Democratic nominee George McGovern. NOW activists, other feminists, civil rights leaders, and delegates from more liberal states threatened to vote for Richard Nixon if Chisholm was not selected at the convention. In a speech to delegates, Rev. Jesse Jackson states, "At least Mr. Nixon is open about his racism.

George Wallace, Governor of Alabama. Governor Wallace's supporters claimed that the Democratic Party needed "a steady Southern hand" to balance out the ticket and defeat Richard Nixon. Many of Wallace's supporters butted heads with Chisholm's supporters.

Thomas Eagleton, Senator from Missouri. Senator Eagleton released a statement saying, "I like Ms. Chisholm and she'd make a wonderful Vice President. But in the event that she isn't chosen, I'd like to be considered for the job. We don't want to wake up to Vice Presidential candidate George Wallace tomorrow morning."

Jimmy Carter, Governor of Georgia. Carter's name was put in the nomination to serve as both a credible southern candidate and a potential spoiler for George Wallace. Despite being happy to be considered, Carter recommends choosing Rep. Chisholm first, and then himself.

Vice Presidential Roll Count
Shirley Chisholm* winner 1,092
Thomas Eagleton   590
George Wallace      488
Jimmy Carter        166

Ms. Chisholm jubilantly thanks the Democratic Party for choosing her for Vice Presidential nominee.
Some speech highlights:

"Together, George McGovern and I will lead an administration that is unbought and unbossed. We will show Richard Nixon the door and show America what integrity looks like."

"Make no secret. I am Black. I am a woman. I am a Black Woman. That is neither a detriment nor a boost. It is who I am. And America is ready to equalize the White House."

"We are not just gonna' close the chapter on this Vietnam War for good. We are going to thank those who served, and allow us to remember that war is never the first choice. It is a last resort. And as a way of paying restitution, we will fight for minimum payments to our workers. Because we are a nation of all the people, not just the privileged few."

Major developments to come in the next installment.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 05:12:25 PM »

Very good so far. Keep it coming!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »

I wonder how George will beat Tricky Dick...George Wallace throws the election to the House where McGovern wins, then is killed by Bremer? Or maybe the rise to the Presidency will be longer term than just 1972. Maybe this sets her up for a 1976 campaign or something...
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 08:54:24 PM »

Great timeline so far! I'm thinking that McGovern pulls Watergate to the center stage very early, pulls off an upset, and then gets assassinated by a radical. It'll be great to have my theory tested Smiley.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 09:36:48 PM »

Well since Watergate happened in 1974, expect it to be a huge issue in the Midterms. George McGovern and Shirley Chisholm have their work cut out for them. They are the underdogs and are facing a potential challenge from George Wallace.

Wallace made many statements that the Democratic Party shouldn't "experiment" with its candidates. This is a clear attack on Chisholm's race and gender.

Next installment likely later tonight Smiley
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 01:32:45 AM »

I really don't think McGovern will win. This is a Chisholm timeline, not a McGovern timeline. Rather, I think Chisholm's run for the Vice Presidency would put her in the national spotlight and give her the momentum she needs to clinch the 1976 nomination.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 12:17:44 AM »

The 1972 Campaign

Senator McGovern held large rallies across the country. His main issues were focused around economic prosperity and many times McGovern raised the idea that Nixon could have ended the Vietnam War earlier. Long held fears were proven wrong when Alabama Governor George Wallace (D) said he would not run as an independent candidate.

Many Democrats, however, are joining the Democrats for Nixon campaign.

The Vice Presidential Debate was a stunning spectacle. Shirley Chisholm debated Spiro Agnew about a variety of issues.

Thoughts on the debate:

Walter Cronkite, CBS: "At first there was a fear that [Shirley Chisholm] would be a liability to the Democrats and George McGovern. After this debate, it looks like Spiro Agnew is the experiment in the making."

Tom Brokaw, NBC: "Cracking under the pressure, Vice President Agnew called Chisholm's nomination as VP candidate a 'social experiment; a dangerous one at that.' Meanwhile, Chisholm was focused on the issues, calling Agnew an 'amateur' and 'Washington insider.'

Notable quotes:

Agnew
"Ms. Chisholm is a nice lady, a good representative for Brooklyn, New York City. But if you look around America, you'd realize that our country isn't all Brooklyn. You can't run America like it's Brooklyn, New York."

"My administration ended the war. You can't argue that. No, you can't. The war is over. Because of us. Plain and simple."

Chisholm
"It's interesting that the Vice President criticizes my ability to relate to the average American. Mr. Agnew is so far deep in the pockets of special corporate interests that he doesn't know his toe from his elbow."

"I have lived both the American struggle and the American dream. I will serve with dignity. I'm not a corporate buyout. I'm no Spiro Agnew."

Many newspaper and radio reports indicate that women and minorities were especially pleased with Chisholm's performace. Additionally, conservatives and Republican operatives reportedly addressed concerns with President Nixon about Spiro Agnew's lackluster debate performance.

Despite an embarrassment for the Nixon reelection campaign, polling and voter surveys indicate that Nixon is on his way to clinching a second term. There is a strong likelihood that Democrats may lose over 10 seats in the House as well.

Progressive
jro660

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2010, 03:22:05 PM by Progressive »

1972 Election Results

Reports from the day:

There were many instances of voter intimidation especially in the South and in suburban parts of the Midwest. Media from all over the country have recorded images of KKK and other groups in Black neighborhoods trying to suppress the vote.

This Atlanta, GA KKK rally is held in a predominantly Black neighborhood.

Vote Analysis:
Popular Vote:
57% Nixon
40% McGovern

Despite greater turnout by African Americans and women in the South, even more seemed to turn out against McGovern and Chisholm. In fact, a New York Times exit poll shows that in the Solid South, 24% of whites came out to vote "against Chisholm," and 15% came out "against McGovern." Polling in the Midwest, Pacific West, and Northeast indicates that 44% of women voted for McGovern, and 19% of Republican women voted for McGovern, and 43% of independent women voted for McGovern as well.

Despite McGovern's concession, focus was on Chisholm. Democratic operatives claim that because of her "coalition of Blacks and women, 40% of the electorate broke for us. That was the greatest gift we could ask for."

Democrats lost 9 seats in the House and no seats in the U.S. Senate.

Chisholm, whose name remained on the ballot in her home district in Brooklyn, was re-elected with 90% of the vote to a no-name Republican challenger who got 10% of the vote.

Statement from Chisholm: "I am going to pursue a leadership position in our House of Representatives. This is the people's House. And the people want me to steer this party in the right direction. Thank goodness for George McGovern's grace in this campaign. I learned so much."

Response to a question by a reporter:

Ms. Chisholm, will you run for President again?

Sir, honestly, I just don't know. Right now I'm focused on moving through progressive reforms and stopping this President from destroying the will of the people. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't trust Richard Nixon and I don't trust Spiro Agnew. My primary goal, besides serving the people, is to win back this House in 1994.

Progressive
jro660

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 02:12:12 PM »

The 93rd Congress

Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm was finally given a major leadership role by the Democrats in the House. Chisholm would serve as the next Chair of the DCCC  (Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee). Chisholm was ecstatic about this opportunity to meet with Democratic candidates across the country and help get them elected.

Statement by Chisholm:

"This is an extraordinary opportunity to expand our base and welcome new members. I hope that women and minorities explore bids for Congress and I know I will be welcomed into communities across America."

Alabama Governor George Wallace states, "Alabama Democrats do not want Shirley Chisholm from Brooklyn trying to figure out a good old Solid South campaign strategy."

Many key reforms were passed in the House including health care reforms, infrastructure improvements, environmental regulations, and employee protection acts.

Ms. Chisholm and Manhattan Congresswoman Bella Abzug tout labor reforms at a rally at City Hall.

The situation was beginning to look quite rosy for Shirley Chisholm. Newspapers often referred to her as "the most popular Democrat in the House," and many Republican women took a liking to Ms. Chisholm's strong family values and support for parents' choice in many educational issues.

As 1973-4 rolled around, many Democrats urged Chisholm to challenge Jacob K. Javits. But Chisholm had other things in mind. An ailing Nixon administration seemed to be her next target. And did she get a boost in 1974...Stay TUNED!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 02:23:50 PM »

Chisholm as president would make wallace suicide.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »

The Watergate Scandal and President Nixon's Resignation

In the winter of 1974, Shirley Chisholm began holding "Impeach Nixon" rallies around the country. The movement had begun gainging steam, and Chisholm was particularly happy with the resignation of Vice President Spiro Agnew.

In an interview with CBS Radio, Chisholm had this to say:

I would never ask the President of the United States to resign for a foolish reason, or out of spite. President Nixon is certainly responsible for the mess that is the Watergate Scandal. He can't govern efficiently; his administration can't govern this way either. I said this on the campaign trail. Nixon is up to no good.

On the August day when Nixon finally resigned, Chisholm held a major rally. She called it the Victory for Integrity rally.

As soon as Gerald Ford was sworn in as President, Chisholm visited swing House districts and raised the question to voters:

Can you support a Republican who supports the Nixon/Ford agenda?

Polling and surveys indicated that this was a strong talking point. Democratic operatives grew pleased with Chisholm's ability to win over voters, particularly women of all backgrounds and political views.

As DCCC Chairwoman, Chisholm raised the most money so far out of any other Chair before her.

The next installment will be of the 1974 Midterm Elections. My Richter scale is beginning to tremble...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 09:53:43 PM »

I wonder how Shirley Chisolm's first term will go, if she wins in 1976...

If she ran and won, she might even lose the popular vote if there was a massive backlash in the South giving the Republican nominee (most likely Ford or Reagan) 80% margins in those areas. However, that's using 1964 numbers, and this will be 1976 or later.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »

The 1974 Midterm Elections

With the resignation of the Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew in the last year, and the installment of former Speaker of the House, now President Gerald Ford, the Republican Party was expected to take a hit in the ballot box. But were they expecting these colossal losses?

House Results
+58 Democrats
-58 Republicans

Senate Results
+7 Democrats
-7 Republicans

DCCC Chairwoman Shirley Chisholm, in a speech to reporters and supporters, indicated that this was a "massive victory for the American people." Democratic operatives from DNC Chairman Robert Strauss to local operatives thank Shirley Chisholm for the massive House victory.

Next installment will have continued updates.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 06:33:44 PM »

The 1974 Midterm Elections

With the resignation of the Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew in the last year, and the installment of former Speaker of the House, now President Gerald Ford, the Republican Party was expected to take a hit in the ballot box. But were they expecting these colossal losses?

House Results
+58 Democrats
-58 Republicans

Senate Results
+7 Democrats
-7 Republicans

DCCC Chairwoman Shirley Chisholm, in a speech to reporters and supporters, indicated that this was a "massive victory for the American people." Democratic operatives from DNC Chairman Robert Strauss to local operatives thank Shirley Chisholm for the massive House victory.

Next installment will have continued updates.

so, update please Wink
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 12:39:51 AM »

The Midterm Aftermath

Shirley Chisholm was in constant contact with the DNC to begin preparing for the 1976 Midterm Elections and asked for substantial chunks of money to help unseat incumbent Republicans and win open seats in difficult areas for Democrats. Many in the party commended Chisholm's effort and desire to spread Democratic principles across the country. But many party operatives began to worry about trying to win R+10, R+20, etc seats. In The New York Times, an anonymous Democratic fundraiser was quoted saying:

[Chisholm] needs to realize that this is the Democratic Party, not the Shirley Chisholm Party. Surely her efforts will not go unnoticed; they are greatly appreciated. But she is too invested in winning seats. We just had our victory lap. Let's recover from a strong election season for a few months and then get moving with new ideas to win seats.

Other party insiders worried that Chisholm was making Democrats more unpopular in the South, where Democratic victories had once been assured. The Vice Chair of the Georgia Democratic Party said that Shirley Chisholm was a "bad face and bad name" to win back seats in the South.

Speculation was rising that Chisholm would seek the presidency in 1976. Chisholm denied these reports, claiming that she was too focused on her constituency work to make a decision right now.

Other potential candidates:
Governor George Wallace, Alabama

Governor Jimmy Carter, Georgia

Senator Lloyd Bentsen, Texas

Ambassador Sargent Shriver, Maryland

Governor Jerry Brown, California

Polling indicates that Shirley Chisholm would lead the pack by a very slim margin...Will she run?

Announcements come in next installment Smiley
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 08:41:05 PM »

1976 Democratic Primary Declarations:

The following candidates declared their intent for the 1976 Democratic nod for president:

Birch Bayh, Senator from Indiana
Lloyd Bentsen, Senator from Texas
Jerry Brown, Governor of California
Jimmy Carter, Governor of Georgia
Shirley Chisholm, Congresswoman from New York
Henry "Scoop" Jackson, Senator from Washington
George Wallace, Governor of Alabama

Polls:

Early polling indicates that Jimmy Carter, Jerry Brown, and Shirley Chisholm were frontrunners for the nomination.

The following candidates declared their intent for the 1976 Republican nod for president:

President Gerald
Ronald Reagan, Governor of California

Early polling indicates that Ford has a lead over Governor Reagan, but it is not substantial.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »

Great timeline so far! I'm thinking that McGovern pulls Watergate to the center stage very early, pulls off an upset, and then gets assassinated by a radical. It'll be great to have my theory tested Smiley.

It would be hard to put up Watergate in 1972; the connections were not drawn.  Heck, it didn'r happen until June.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 01:03:53 PM »

The Winter States

Democratic Primaries

Iowa
Jimmy Carter           25%     (X)
Birch Bayh               17%
Shirley Chisholm      16%
Lloyd Bentsen          13%
George Wallace        13%
Scoop Jackson          11%
Uncommitted            5%

New Hampshire
Shirley Chisholm       24%     (X)
Jimmy Carter            18%
Scoop Jackson           16%
Birch Bayh                15%
Lloyd Bentsen           13%
George Wallace         11%
Uncommitted            3 %

Republican Primaries

Iowa
Gerald Ford             48%     (X)
Ronald Reagan        46%

New Hampshire
Gerald Ford             50%   (X)
Ronald Reagan        47%

Analysis: Early results in the Democratic contest show that Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm (NY) has the widest appeal among Democrats. She has received significant voting percentages in states where she has no natural base. 16% in Iowa in a crowded contest and a 6-point victory in New Hampshire (mainly rural, white states) prove her widespread popularity. Jimmy Carter, Governor of Georgia, also has mass appeal. George Wallace, Alabama Governor, is trying to soak up the anti-Carter, anti-Chisholm vote, saying that "a pack of liberals will never be called President." Polling shows Chisholm doing well in east coast states, as well as states with big cities, Carter doing well in South, and Jerry Brown winning out west. With March primaries in Massachusetts, Vermont, Florida, Illinois, and North Carolina can Chisholm or Carter sweep the nomination?

On the Republican side, President Ford is in deep trouble as he squeaked by victories in Iowa and New Hampshire. Making matters worse, potentially historic Democratic primary results are soaking up a lot of energy out of Republican contests. Republican operatives fear that regardless of who is the nominee, great trouble will face the GOP come November. In addition, Governor Reagan is facing extreme criticism from members of the Republican base for imposing a primary election on a sitting president of his party. Despite Ford's early victories, nationwide polling shows slightly more support for Ronald Reagan over Gerald Ford.

Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm (D-NY) attends her victory party in New Hampshire, hosted by the National Organization for Women.

Progressive
jro660

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 02:34:23 PM »

The March States

Democratic Primaries:

Massachusetts (Wallace not on ballot)
Shirley Chisholm     30%  (X)
Scoop Jackson         24%
Jimmy Carter          20%
Lloyd Bentsen         15%
Birch Bayh              10%
Uncommitted           1%

Vermont (Wallace not on ballot)
Shirley Chisholm     35%     (X)
Jimmy Carter          27%
Scoop Jackson         19%
Lloyd Bentsen         14%
Birch Bayh               5%

(After these states, Bayh drops out and endorses Chisholm)

Florida
Jimmy Carter         37%       (X)
Shirley Chisholm    24%
George Wallace      24%
Lloyd Bentsen         9%
Scoop Jackson         6%

(Lloyd Bentsen drops out and endorses Jimmy Carter. Scoop Jackson bows out and endorses Shirley Chisholm).

Illinois
Shirley Chisholm     44%     (X)
Jimmy Carter          36%
George Wallace       18%
Uncommitted          2%

North Carolina
George Wallace        37%    (X)
Jimmy Carter           36%
Shirley Chisholm      27%

Republican Primaries:

Ford wins Massachusetts, Illinois, and Vermont handily. Reagan wins Florida and North Carolina.

Analysis: Shirley Chisholm has a problem; it's called the South. Despite great victories in the Midwest and Northeast, Chisholm lost Florida and North Carolina. North Carolina was always a struggle for Chisholm, as polls indicated she would likely come in third place. But Florida polls showed Chisholm with a lead. Reports from various Florida cities state that the George Wallace campaign employed staffers in Black areas to scare votes away. Posters from the Wallace campaign said, "Vote March 9th: We Are Watching". The Wallace campaign says it was simply trying to increase voter turnout. But the NAACP has filed a lawsuit because these posters were found only in Black areas, and featured a picture of someone in a robe, potentially a Klansman. Nevertheless, Wallace is using his victory to show new found momentum for his campaign.

Meanwhile, the GOP race is rather eventless. Reagan took two states, and Ford seems to be on the path to victory.

Next installment...

Wisconsin and Pennsylvania

Progressive
jro660

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »

April States

Democratic Primaries:

Wisconsin
Shirley Chisholm       44%        (X)
Jimmy Carter            42%
George Wallace         14%

Pennsylvania
Shirley Chisholm       50%       (X)
Jimmy Carter            40%
George Wallace          10%

Republican Primaries:

Wisconsin
Gerald Ford                51%        (X)
Ronald Reagan           49%

Pennsylvania
Gerald Ford                63%        (X)
Ronald Reagan           37%

Analysis: Shirley Chisholm has built a strong base of liberals, women, minorities, and working class people and they delivered her a victory in Wisconsin. In Pennsylvania, Chisholm's strong appeal to urban and suburban voters allowed her to win a double-digit victory over Jimmy Carter. Chisholm appears to be the frontrunner; George Wallace's support seems to be waning.

Ronald Reagan is not winning enough states to become a viable threat to President Ford in the convention.

15 states next May for May Day!

Progressive
jro660

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 01:18:36 PM »

May Showers or May Flowers?

Combined Primary Results:

Texas
Jimmy Carter               58%    (X)
Shirley Chisholm          22%
George Wallace            20%

Ronald Reagan             56%     (X)
Gerald Ford                  44%

Georgia
Jimmy Carter              60%     (X)
Shirley Chisholm         30%
George Wallace           10%

Ronald Reagan            59%      (X)
Gerald Ford                 41%

Indiana
Jimmy Carter              50%      (X)
Shirley Chisholm         32%
George Wallace           18%

Gerald Ford                 52%      (X)
Ronald Reagan            48%

Washington, D.C. (Wallace not on ballot)
Shirley Chisholm         74%    (X)
Jimmy Carter              26%

(There's like three Republicans in DC)

Nebraska
Shirley Chisholm        43%    (X)
Jimmy Carter             37%
George Wallace          20%

Ronald Reagan          53%     (X)
Gerald Ford               47%

West Virginia
George Wallace          48%    (X)
Jimmy Carter             40%
Shirley Chisholm        12%

Gerald Ford                60%     (X)
Ronald Reagan           40%

Maryland
Shirley Chisholm         50%     (X)
Jimmy Carter              35%
George Wallace           15%

Gerald Ford                 58%    (X)
Ronald Reagan            42%

Michigan         
Shirley Chisholm         52%    (X)
Jimmy Carter              38%
George Wallace           10%

Gerald Ford                 64%   (X)
Ronald Reagan            36%

Arkansas
George Wallace           38%  (X)
Jimmy Carter              31%
Shirley Chisholm         31%

Ronald Reagan            61%  (X)
Gerald Ford                 39%

Idaho (Frank Church endorsed Chisholm)
Shirley Chisholm         55%   (X)
Jimmy Carter              41%
George Wallace            4%

Ronald Reagan             70%   (X)
Gerald Ford                  30%

Kentucky
Jimmy Carter              47%    (X)
Shirley Chisholm         30%
George Wallace           23%

Gerald Ford                 53%    (X)
Ronald Reagan            47%

Nevada
Shirley Chisholm         55%    (X)
Jimmy Carter              38%
George Wallace           7%

Ronald Reagan            69%   (X)
Gerald Ford                 31%

Oregon
Shirley Chisholm         56%   (X)
Jimmy Carter              39%
George Wallace            5%

Ronald Reagan            62%
Gerald Ford                 38%

Tennessee
Jimmy Carter             50%    (X)
Shirley Chisholm        37%
George Wallace          13%

Gerald Ford                52%    (X)
Ronald Reagan           48%

Analysis: Shirley Chisholm has received key endorsements from Democratic leaders including Senator Frank Church, Governor Jerry Brown, Senator George McGovern (former Democratic nominee), Ambassador Sargent Shriver, the Kennedy family (Sen. Ten Kennedy, other Kennedys), and other key people. Carter has dropped out of the race and endorsed Chisholm as of late. Wallace says he will continue to post a challenge in the June primary states:

On the Republican side, Gerald Ford seems to maintain a lead against Reagan. Reagan will continue to challenge Ford in the June primary states:

Shirley Chisholm holds a press conference on the night Carter drops out.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 06:35:02 PM »

was chisholm charismatic in RL?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States