We are better than this - Restore Atlasia!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:47:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  We are better than this - Restore Atlasia!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: We are better than this - Restore Atlasia!  (Read 3712 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 01:43:42 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you have lost intrest in the game why are you here? Obviously you still follow the threads around here and the recent development, seems odd for someone who's no longer intrested in the game.

[/quote]

Then why if I may ask do you drag an completly unrelated person into this, calling him gay and a zombie recruiter? Did he have anything to do with this? Did I accuse you of recruiting people off-site? I believe the argument was wether you were trying to concentrate the Populares vote into one region. But I guess it was just a coincidence that most of them wanted to live in the NE and you had nothing to do with it. 

Actually I found it for you.

I'd say from this post it's pretty clear I didn't actually understand the meaning of moderate hero back then, and that I did in fact use to hold a positive oppinion of you. I'm willing to apoligise for anything said about you in that particular post. I was very mistaken.

JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 01:44:18 AM »

Haha, well when I first came here I was accused of being a zombie as well. I actually started an organisation for newbies because I thought the way we were treated was so bad, so you're definatley right about there being a lot of suspicion against newbies, which unfortunatley affects the majority of newbies who just want to enjoy the game. Smiley (It's a pretty good example why profiling people for crimes is a bad idea)
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 01:52:09 AM »

Then why if I may ask do you drag an completly unrelated person into this, calling him gay and a zombie recruiter? Did he have anything to do with this? Did I accuse you of recruiting people off-site? I believe the argument was wether you were trying to concentrate the Populares vote into one region. But I guess it was just a coincidence that most of them wanted to live in the NE and you had nothing to do with it. 
[/quote]

Hamilton says you are defending tmth like a boyfriend would
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 02:12:21 AM »

[/quote]

Well that proves just how mature he is then. Roll Eyes
Again I don't see what Tmth has to do with anything of this, if that means he's my boyfriend that'll have to stand for Hamilton.   

Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 02:30:33 AM »

Again I don't see what Tmth has to do with anything of this, if that means he's my boyfriend that'll have to stand for Hamilton.   

[/quote]

Hamilton says he brought up offsite recruiting because it was something that duke and bk accused him of but he only ever had knowledge of tmth doing
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 03:13:20 AM »

Hamilton says he brought up offsite recruiting because it was something that duke and bk accused him of but he only ever had knowledge of tmth doing
[/quote]

That has to stand for Duke and BK then. I'm not aware of any such accusation against Hamilton, and it has nothing to do with my argument here.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2010, 03:21:15 AM »

We did?

As I remember it, the old guard was the only voice of opposition in those times.

Xahar, leader of the UDl, also had other accounts.

I won't stand for these claims.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2010, 03:42:41 AM »

TBH, me not being elected President was quite fortunate, for a variety of reasons.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2010, 07:27:49 AM »

Actions such as? I never recruited off-site like your ex-boyfriend Tmth did (does, suppose, but PresBruno isn't registered yet). Claims can be thrown around towards me, but they aren't true and I will be able to defend myself.
For the record, I'd like to clarify that I was only doing this because in President Fritz's Recruitment Task Force, the position given to me by Fritz was to recruit member's off-site. I was only doing what the President asked me to do.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2010, 08:06:44 AM »

I think it is grossly unfair to blame a faceless election and faceless parties for the "problems" facing atlasia.

Man up and blame some posters. The whole country is posters. If no posters are to blame then there is no problem.

On the other hand, man up and oppose bad posters that happen to be in the same party as you.

Enough BS.
Lets dig down as far as we can go.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2010, 08:42:46 AM »

It's a shame such excellent thread was highjacked by one of the posters who is the most responsible of the current state of Atlasia.

Anyways, Swedish Cheese, I'm 100% with you. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2010, 02:26:02 PM »

I'm not entirely sure if this thread even proposes anything, though.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2010, 02:58:41 PM »

If I could break into this multi-quote battle I would like to point out that there still is one regional with at least the potential to be competitive.  Below are the latest numbers from Hans's excellently run Census Bureau.

JCP RPP UDL POP Other Ind Total
South  4     8     1     7       2       3    25

Notice that the largest party, the RPP, does not even make up 1/3 of the total number of registered voters.  A little more than half of the population are registered right-wingers (RPP/POP); if they were to merge the Southeast would be a "leans-right" party.  That does not seem likely though.

If only we would have more contested elections(is there an unspoken truce between the UDL and RPP here) and get some left-wingers to move in this could truely be the most competitive region around.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »

The only way to "fix" atlasia, is to bring back the focus on policy.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »

Great. Hammie comes back in a sock and in the space of a couple hours drops a giant dookie into two separate threads.

Good to be reminded why Dave punted your obnoxious destructive trolling a$$.
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2010, 05:11:31 PM »

If I could break into this multi-quote battle I would like to point out that there still is one regional with at least the potential to be competitive.  Below are the latest numbers from Hans's excellently run Census Bureau.

Notice that the largest party, the RPP, does not even make up 1/3 of the total number of registered voters.  A little more than half of the population are registered right-wingers (RPP/POP); if they were to merge the Southeast would be a "leans-right" party.  That does not seem likely though.

If only we would have more contested elections(is there an unspoken truce between the UDL and RPP here) and get some left-wingers to move in this could truely be the most competitive region around.

Look below the numbers and you realize its not as dominant as you may thing once you account for innactives who aren't voting. Then when you consider the differences politically you are basically calling for a leftwing takeover of the IDS.

And for the love of good don't openly call for "STRATEGIC REGISTRATION". The least you could do would be to keep the suggestion behind closed doors, otherwise you will regret having advocated that publically considering the history involved.

[/quote]

The real truth is, Hamilton probably didn't engage in it when first accused though he certainly did at later times, especially towards later part of 2009. The only offsite recruit that we could point to was Cindywho2201 recruited by Tmth in the summer of 09. She was a harmless woman who was too busy for atlasia and thus dissappeared. Hardly an attempt to takeover Atlasia. But hey, you can't stop the tidal wave, just bend it.  2009 was not about who was telling the truth but who could successfully redirect the fire. And no that doesn't mean Duke or BK or Marokai were lying intentionally. They were saying what they thought to be correct at the time and maybe still do. I think the skepticism was appropriate and even continued skepticism today is understandable considering who we are discussing here.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 05:27:23 PM »

We need someone who can make the right excited again, who can unite us, but without becoming so controversial, so prideful, he'll alianate everyone and cause us to break up once we're united again. Then we could really start to see compititive elections again.

You do realize that is EXACTLY what I did/attempted?

And do you know why it didn't work?

Because others are too prideful! And when one says hmm... maybe afleitch is right, we should focus on a center-right policy more than regions all that PiT/tmth/me were met with is reactionary screams and yells from the likes of the DWTL/NCY squadron.

You three were wrong, naive and blind then. Abandoning Regional senate seats was impossible for anyone serious about a conservative movement in Atlasia. The problem is that you think like a liberal does. That you can only seriously do one thing at a time. To focus on fiscal issues you have to completely abandoned social issues. There is and was no reason why Regional Senate seats couldn't be maintained and focus on center-right policy. You went for what was expediant for yourself at the time not what was best for anyone else espeically Atlasian conservatism.

TBH, me not being elected President was quite fortunate, for a variety of reasons.

Seriously, I can't see why anyone gives a damn about the White House. What did Adams say to his son? "No friend would congratulate a friend on attaining it" someting like that.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2010, 05:49:06 PM »

Look below the numbers and you realize its not as dominant as you may thing once you account for innactives who aren't voting. Then when you consider the differences politically you are basically calling for a leftwing takeover of the IDS.

And for the love of good don't openly call for "STRATEGIC REGISTRATION". The least you could do would be to keep the suggestion behind closed doors, otherwise you will regret having advocated that publically considering the history involved.
The only active left-winger who votes is Bacon King so you really invalidated your own point.  I did not explicitly call for strategic registration; I only pointed out that if more left-wingers registered in the IDS/Southeast elections would be more competitive there.  Looking at the other regions and how each major party has at least 10 members registered in a region compared to a handful of every other party (except for the IDS/Southeast), your STRATEGIC REGISTRATION obviously is common place.  Saying it openly is acknowledging the obvious and besides, I have no need to regret anything.  Even if I had explicitly advocated that it doesn't matter because I am unelectable in Atlasia outside of the few times I have run for the IDS legislature uncontested.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »

The only active left-winger who votes is Bacon King so you really invalidated your own point.  I did not explicitly call for strategic registration; I only pointed out that if more left-wingers registered in the IDS/Southeast elections would be more competitive there.  Looking at the other regions and how each major party has at least 10 members registered in a region compared to a handful of every other party (except for the IDS/Southeast), your STRATEGIC REGISTRATION obviously is common place.  Saying it openly is acknowledging the obvious and besides, I have no need to regret anything.  Even if I had explicitly advocated that it doesn't matter because I am unelectable in Atlasia outside of the few times I have run for the IDS legislature uncontested.

Calm down, Yelnoc, I was in a hurry and needed to make the points quickly and didn't have time to make nice and fuzzy. Tongue I was just warning that with the history, advocating a shift of voters is not a wise idea. 

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2010, 06:11:31 PM »

Calm down, Yelnoc, I was in a hurry and needed to make the points quickly and didn't have time to make nice and fuzzy. Tongue I was just warning that with the history, advocating a shift of voters is not a wise idea. 

I'm not angry, sorry if I sounded that way.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2010, 06:13:01 PM »

I'm not angry, sorry if I sounded that way.

I am sorry too. Its been a long day, and I had less then three hours sleep last night so the snapping turtle is in the hunt for victims. Evil
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2010, 09:06:53 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU7fhIO7DG0

Wink
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2010, 09:48:40 PM »

Atlasia exists in a state of permanent crisis because it has evolved into something that it was not intended to be. So it has these massive contradictions running through it like a freight train. The funny thing - funny from the semi-outside at least - is the fact that these problems can't be dealt with because of the very structures that those playing the game have built. It will always seem to be better when you first got seriously involved because the problems won't have been as apparent to you back then. But they were there. The game muddles through regardless and nothing ever changes; the Atlasian political class has become highly reactionary (even most reformers just want things returned to how they used to be) and its electorate highly conservative. Structures, people, it's all about structures.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2010, 03:52:36 AM »

Atlasia exists in a state of permanent crisis because it has evolved into something that it was not intended to be. So it has these massive contradictions running through it like a freight train. The funny thing - funny from the semi-outside at least - is the fact that these problems can't be dealt with because of the very structures that those playing the game have built. It will always seem to be better when you first got seriously involved because the problems won't have been as apparent to you back then. But they were there. The game muddles through regardless and nothing ever changes; the Atlasian political class has become highly reactionary (even most reformers just want things returned to how they used to be) and its electorate highly conservative. Structures, people, it's all about structures.

Atlasia has turned into the United States.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies