Senate passes repeal of DADT with 65 votes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:43:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senate passes repeal of DADT with 65 votes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate passes repeal of DADT with 65 votes  (Read 18931 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: December 18, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »

Burr's a bit of a surprise. Has there been any indication that he'd support this? I thought he was a pretty conservative guy.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »

About 17 years too late. Other than that I welcome the repeal of this moronic policy.

Actually, gays have been allowed to serve openly in Sweden since 1977, so it's more like 33 years too late Wink

Burr explained his surprise decision to vote yes on the final bill by saying that while he still feels the timing is wrong for repeal, he joined the majority because "this policy is outdated, and repeal is inevitable."

I guess that kind of makes sense. So this is basicly Burr realising history will probably look bad on those who voted against this, and since there's six years until he'll have to worry about potential RINO-hunting he said why not...

EDIT: Also someone should edit the thread title, since it passed with 65. Smiley
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 06:55:07 PM »

Intresting, if you made SD, NE, and LA red, MO, IO, WV, FL, and NH green, you'd get what a McCain vs. Clinton map would likly have looked like. (Assuming Palin was never the Republican VP candidate.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies