My name is Junkie...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:41:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My name is Junkie...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: My name is Junkie...  (Read 16326 times)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »

...well at least here it is.  Last night, I was working on two statutes that I was hoping to introduce in the Mideast Assembly, as well as doing the finishing touches on the outline for the first few chapters of the history of Atlasia, when I checked back to find out that I have been accused of being Hamilton.  I don't really know who this guy is, but he obviously has pissed a number of people off and continues to do so by logging in as different accounts.

I became very angry.  Dallas, I owe you an apology.  I saw your post and after you pm'd me about the accusations, in a very civil manner by the way, I responded a little harsher than was appropriate.  You did not deserve that.  You never accussed me and never indicated you believed them, so I should not have taken out my anger on you.  I hope you understand and forgive.

Last night I was all prepared to denounce an entire party based the actions of one member and leave the game.  Quite frankly, I do not know if I will stay, but I will finish the first part of the history before I go.  Its too interesting to just walk away from.  The game is another matter.

Thankfully, I took my own advice that I have posted on frequently.  I took a breath, watched Marquette play horribly again, and came back.  I am now calmer and will deal with this rationally.

To the poster that believes that I am a Hamilton "sock," post your reasons for believing it or evidence here in this post.  I am more than willing to answer any questions anyone has.

A different poster has stated that they believe my recent pming to be potential evidence of my Hamilton identity.  Well, I will address that right now.  I do pm the members of the Mideast on matters of Assembly business.  From time to time, I pm Badger about our shared profession (not as much recently, but I am still waiting for him to tell me about the recent conference he went to).  I pm many people about the last election, seeing if people would support me.  I am also playing Axis and Allies (where I hopefully will beat Bacon King) and have to pm my orders as well as strategies with my British and American allies.  Lastly, I have been pming older members of this community, as well as members that post elsewhere on this forum, seeking information about the beginning of Atlasia for the history.

Hope that clears that up.  If you have any other concerns, post them here and quickly.  If you are unwilling to do so, then I can only assume you either are admitting you were wrong or making the whole thing up and thus will change your sig.

Junkie

Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »

Oh yeah.  I am also asking that the mods do an IP check on my account to clear this all up.  Other than checking once from my sisters house in Illinois, I am pretty sure all my logins have been from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 05:44:16 PM »

If you want my honest, friendly suggestion - go through with it and leave. It's my experience that you will be a lot happier for it.

And for what it's worth, even as a Popularis, I'm pretty damn sure you're not Hamilton.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »

I hope this scumbag Hamilton is proud of himself. No other man harmed Atlasia more than he did, by creating a paranoia of socks.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 05:58:26 PM »

I really must say I don't understand this whole scandal at all and some people are acting like complete jerks here. Junkie has always behaved himself.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »

I really must say I don't understand this whole scandal at all and some people are acting like complete jerks here. Junkie has always behaved himself.

Yeah, this is why I don't like the whole OMG OMG SOCK mentality that's developed in Atlasia. It was better before people know what sockpuppetry was. This sort of thing happened to Badger, too.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 06:14:07 PM »

A request for an IP check (routine procedure for all allegations of sockpuppetry) has been made on the Mod board, fwiw. Not been done yet.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 06:16:55 PM »

Didn't Junkie register before Hamilton was banned?

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 06:17:11 PM »

It's a shame there is so little trust left now because people think that any new right of centre poster must be a Hamilton sock, which leads to members such as Junkie who actually co-operate with the rules and are in the game for fun getting accusations like this. It isn't right.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 06:30:59 PM »

It's a shame there is so little trust left now because people think that any new right of centre poster must be a Hamilton sock, which leads to members such as Junkie who actually co-operate with the rules and are in the game for fun getting accusations like this. It isn't right.

The thing is I don't even know where this originated. This seems like it came from Populares members trying to throw accusations around to bait left-wingers into believing it and causing trouble for a good member.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »

The thing is I don't even know where this originated. This seems like it came from Populares members trying to throw accusations around to bait left-wingers into believing it and causing trouble for a good member.

First of all, thanks to everyone who believes in me.  Second, I do not believe this can be traced to or attributed to a party.  Rather, it is a person or maybe two.  Their party does not matter.  As I said, Dallas and now Han, both Pops, have been supportive and did not believe this. Thus, I will not plan their whole party or tar them with the conduct of one person or a few people.

Offer still stands to whoever started this.  Post your reasoning and/or evidence or change your sig.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 06:45:39 PM »

you really don't fit the hamilton M.O. where would this come from?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 06:48:07 PM »

We need you to stay Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »

Interesting.

Yesterday, wormyguy AIMed me (this was first and, so far, only conversation we had) just to tell me Junkie is Hamilton.

So I guess we should all keep a great deal of cautiously with a certain individual.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 07:20:20 PM »

Interesting.

Yesterday, wormyguy AIMed me (this was first and, so far, only conversation we had) just to tell me Junkie is Hamilton.

So I guess we should all keep a great deal of cautiously with a certain individual.
Why would you take wormyguy seriously?

Junkie, no one in his right mind thinks that you are Hamilton.  You are, IMHO, one of the "best" citizens Atlasia has; it would be a real shame to see you go.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 07:28:26 PM »

Oh yeah.  I am also asking that the mods do an IP check on my account to clear this all up.  Other than checking once from my sisters house in Illinois, I am pretty sure all my logins have been from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

This can be confirmed from our private forum checks as well.

Just stay away from that crazy guy, otherwise you might get worms. Wink
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 09:56:55 PM »

I became very angry.  Dallas, I owe you an apology.  I saw your post and after you pm'd me about the accusations, in a very civil manner by the way, I responded a little harsher than was appropriate.  You did not deserve that.  You never accussed me and never indicated you believed them, so I should not have taken out my anger on you.  I hope you understand and forgive.

It's not a big deal at all, man. I understand.

Time to change your sig, wormy.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 11:51:14 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2010, 12:46:29 PM by Emperor PiT »

Please don't leave, Junkie. You have been one of the best newbies to come to Atlasia in a long time (though I suppose you aren't that new anymore Tongue).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 05:08:23 AM »

Anybody with a brain knows you are not Hamilton. It would be a shame if you left the game just because of the calumnies of a random troll.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 06:48:47 AM »

I've done an IP check on Junkie and his posts come from Wisconsin. I'm going to look around a little bit more since this has been raised so publicly, but right now there is no evidence to support the allegation that he's Hamilton.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »

Update: after going over several Junkie posts I've located 4 IP adresses, all of which are located around Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 07:23:46 AM »

Well, I think that settles that. Time for Wormy to remove his signature. And I hope people will be more mature next time there is another new poster.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 09:15:35 AM »

Please don't go, Junkie. You're a valuable member of the MidEast Assembly.

By the way, the person who I think started the thread about you being a sock was Antonio V, and it seemed that Wormyguy really jumped on it. However, his so called evidence seemed incomprehensible, at least from my point of view.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 09:29:11 AM »

By the way, the person who I think started the thread about you being a sock was Antonio V

Huh

That's pure bullsh*t.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 09:33:28 AM »

By the way, the person who I think started the thread about you being a sock was Antonio V,

If it's to say slanderous, retarded lies don't say anything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies