When will California become a swing state again? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:49:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will California become a swing state again? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will California become a swing state again?  (Read 6994 times)
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:01:21 PM »
« edited: December 20, 2010, 09:04:12 PM by Liberalrocks »

Its starting to resemble voting patterns more similiar to Massachusetts and becoming even more left wing then it had been even 10 years ago. These midterms are proof of that. Also Obama almost capturing Orange County and taking the Inland Empire does not spell good news for GOP prospects in the state. It has not voted republican at the presidential level since 1988 (even that was close 51-47%) It has not had a conservative governor since Pete Wilson left in the late 90s. Arnold Swartzenegger is a "rino" and to the left on almost all social issues from abortion to support of gay marriage. If republicans are to win here they will have to nominate candidates in the mold of Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine. With the exception of the Attorney Generals race all statewide democratic candidates won by a 10 pt or higher margin in a midterm election where turnout was not as high as it was in 2008. If I were a republican I would kiss California goodbye for this generation anyway.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 06:14:12 PM »

What else would one expect from this left coast, pot smoking, marine office banning, collection of pinko loonies?

We expect to be adding gay marriage loving  to this collection of labels when the 9th circuit upholds Judge Walkers decision! LOL love the labels I think Ill go light up another !
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 03:23:56 AM »

What else would one expect from this left coast, pot smoking, marine office banning, collection of pinko loonies?

We expect to be adding gay marriage loving   to this collection of labels when the 9th circuit upholds Judge Walkers decision! LOL love the labels I think Ill go light up another !

Of that I have no doubt.  Then it can truly be said

California, the state where votes don't count.

You can add that to your labels as well.
Can I vote on your rights?

Can I take it upon myself to decide the people are wrong?

Hard righters never can seem to answer that rights question without directly deflecting it into another question. Notice the non-answer to your question by posing another question.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 03:40:22 PM »

We expect to be adding gay marriage loving   to this collection of labels when the 9Th circuit upholds Judge Walkers decision! LOL love the labels I think Ill go light up another !

Of that I have no doubt. Then it can truly be said

California, the state where votes don't count.

You can add that to your labels as well.
Can I vote on your rights?

Can I take it upon myself to decide the people are wrong?

Hard righters never can seem to answer that rights question without directly deflecting it into another question. Notice the non-answer to your question by posing another question.

First of all, I am hardly a hard righter.  Just because I do not support gay marriage does not make a hard righter.  If that is the case, then you may as well throw the President of the United States, Barack Obama, into your catch all definition.

I have much the same stance as Obama on gay rights.  We both support non discrimination on gay rights, and we both oppose same sex marriage.

So a question such as can I vote on your rights? is not appropriate or applicable in this context, since marriage is not a right.  Obama believes this as well as I do. 

So if you are seeking an answer to the question without asking another question, refer to the above. 

IF you carry the same belief on the issue as the President does then could one assume your belief is "evolving" as the President stated his position had and was. While not yet in full support he indicated that overtime his position had and was again quoting his term "evolving" meaning he is open to consideration at a future time. Given your gross characterization and labeling of my home state I would find it hard to believe you carry the presidents complete view on this issue  or rights for any gays in general.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies