Why are teabagger types attracted by the idea of living 40 miles from work? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:53:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why are teabagger types attracted by the idea of living 40 miles from work? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are teabagger types attracted by the idea of living 40 miles from work?  (Read 7032 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: December 21, 2010, 12:34:12 AM »
« edited: December 21, 2010, 12:38:52 AM by Verily »

Well, I live in an exurb, and there aren't very many teabaggers around...

Glendale's not an exurb, just a suburb. Palmdale is an exurb.

Thanks for the correction.

Still, I don't think Palmdale is full of teabaggers.  Is it?

Palmdale probably has close to the most Republican white vote in all of California, save maybe Bakersfield, which also has some crazy exurbanites (although it's mostly not exurban). It just also has a substantial black and Hispanic vote.

Apple Valley might be a better example.

BRTD is right that these sorts of places are magnets for hard rightwingers. I think it has to do with people who move there being affluent enough to complain about paying taxes but idealize rural living enough to want to live somewhere with a lot of open space. And they probably have something of an antisocial streak (and sometimes racist or other bigoted streak, although not always or even more often than occasionally), too, wanting to live far from others. Megachurches mitigate this a little bit, but megachurches are a very antisocial experience of religion appropriate for the antisocial nature of exurbia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies