What do you think about dont Ask don't tell latest development?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:49:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What do you think about dont Ask don't tell latest development?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: What do you think about dont Ask don't tell latest development?  (Read 8234 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2010, 11:43:26 AM »
« edited: December 23, 2010, 11:57:55 AM by afleitch »

I go to the gym three times a week and often shower. If the need for 'seperate showers for the gays' hasn't crossed the gym owners minds, or the gym users minds why on earth are they needed in the military?

do those in the gym showering with you know your sexual orientation?

Personally I go to the gym to work out and use the shower to get clean. Sure I end up bollock naked, honed muscles dripping with water soaping up my shaggy public hair in the shower and letting everything swing about due to the equal application of gravity and motion but I can’t help that. Now and again with my eyes smarting from the shampoo and without my glasses I might bump into someone. All that’s exchanged however are a few apologies. I’m in there to shower and change; I don’t hide in a corner masturbating like a bonobo monkey.

As for whether people know if I’m gay so do and some don’t. Usually it’s polite to introduce myself by saying ‘Hi I’m Andrew’ rather than ‘Hi I’m gay.’ I usually find people are more interested in my name. Funny that. On some occasions, with a few guys I know it’s came up; the only responses I get are ‘cool’, ‘how long have you two been together?’ or ‘chuck me over your deodorant pal I left mine in my other bag.’

If someone did complain and went the management they’d be told in the politest terms to ‘f-ck off, this is a gym we have an equality policy and it’s 2011.’ Though the only ones who would are those so damned ugly that even an accidental glance would cause most gays to shudder, so immature they can’t separate nakedness from sex, so closeted that they are the ones most likely to jack off in a corner before saying 10 Hail Mary’s or so generally disliked that going to the gym is the only time people get within three feet of them on a working day without excusing themselves
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2010, 11:54:28 AM »

...I find it dumbfounding that we worship the altar of political correctness to the point that we rather have:
1) everyone, including children women and the elderly fondled at the airports instead of profiling, and
2) force our soldiers to accept showering with others they know are sexually attracted to their sex when the problem can be easily solved with separate showers.

Well, there are some problems with your assumptions.  In the first place, profiling is just too easy to get around, so it isn't all that useful, and the fondling is hardly unpleasant for the healthy and confident person.  (if anything I'd say it is the TSA who is being 'sexually harassed' by having to fondle me.. but maybe that's just me).  Secondly, regarding 'separate showers', how can you ever be sure who is attracted to who? (whom?)  It just strikes me as something we'll never really be able to get down to an exact science, this desire to know what everyone is thinking, privately, at all times.

(by the way, 'Black Beans' or 'Tuah-Dham' is Thai slang for a gay).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2010, 12:18:02 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2010, 08:46:42 PM by Torie »

My gym (Equinox -  Newport Beach) is rumored to have a considerable gay contingent as members. A few fellow gym rats that  I chat with, are no doubt gay (there is this one really effusive bottle blond guy who is or was a professional photographer, and we gossip about that). But it is hard to tell by looking, because most folks are so totally buffed that in that sense everyone looks gay, and some of the women - well let us just say, I would not want to get into a physical altercation with them. No, they don't look like dykes on bikes, but their every muscle is honed, and in the kicking routines I watch some of them go through with their trainers, they scare the heck out of me. One lady boxes with her trainer, and she really enjoys throwing a punch.  Smiley
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2010, 11:54:03 PM »

Feel the love here!

Its so nice belonging to a pro-gay rights church. Smiley Gives Christianity a good name compared to the usual "gays are icky so Jesus must've disapproved too" crowd.

http://www.ucc.org/lgbt/about.html

The other side of the argument, FWIW.

http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-walter-wink

Excellent! Yeah it is nice to belong to a real church and not one of these false ones like BushOklahoma and jmfcst go to.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2010, 01:57:49 AM »

2) force our soldiers to accept showering with others they know are sexually attracted to their sex when the problem can be easily solved with separate showers.

So forcing gay soldiers to shower exclusively with other gay guys solves that how...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2010, 08:58:49 AM »

To be honest, I find membership in any gymnasium to be a sign of the gay - I mean to the extent that I would just assume that anyone who goes to a gymnasium is a gay.

I find military men ambiguous - they seem gay, but one can't be sure.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2010, 11:35:29 AM »

To be honest, I find membership in any gymnasium to be a sign of the gay - I mean to the extent that I would just assume that anyone who goes to a gymnasium is a gay.

I find military men ambiguous - they seem gay, but one can't be sure.

This may shock you Opebo, but there actually are a few straight men out there who are physically fit. And unless you do physical labor for a living, that as a practical matter means you need to go to the gym - regularly. Tongue

But yes gays tend on average to be more serious about aesthetics, including the aesthetics of the body, and in particular their own.   Body fat on myself just offends me, and I performed an exorcism on it. I just willed that it be gone, and like magic, it was. And there you have it. Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2010, 09:46:54 PM »

So forcing gay soldiers to shower exclusively with other gay guys solves that how...

Definitely doesn't solve it.  Just because someone is gay does not mean that they want to shower with others who would admire their junk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies