US House Redistricting: Washington (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:23:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Washington (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Washington  (Read 84067 times)
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« on: December 24, 2010, 02:10:06 AM »

I can see the rationale behind putting the Eastside suburbs with Kittitas and Chelan, but when it comes down to it, there are huge differences in the bulk of the populations represented. I think the most significant problem is Chelan, rather than Kittitas. At least Kittitas has a university and the mountain towns that are fairly well linked to the west side, but Wenatchee in Chelan is not very easily reached and I think it's unusual splitting Wenatchee and E. Wenatchee.

The Cascades really do present quite a problem... but I think there will be a creative solution. There may need to be two cross mountain districts.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 09:18:40 PM »

Okay so maybe it makes sense to add Kittitas County to a Western district, but you'd still need population from other places like Chelan and Douglas County, which are even more of a stretch in terms of connections with Western Washington. I think it's mostly a culture thing. There are a few people who have their summer homes in Chelan or Kittitas County, but the vast majority of Eastsiders are not that wealthy.... The other thing is that most of the people who actually vote in Kittitas and Chelan don't particularly have much in common with the people who vacation there.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:52:12 PM »

route 20 is only open in the summer....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies