US House Redistricting: New York (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:35:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: New York (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: New York  (Read 136402 times)
danny
Israel

« on: January 15, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »

Rockland, Orange, southern Sullivan. Open I think, and wide open in a general election. Heh, it could be won and lost repeatedly on the Kiryas Joel bloc vote. Cheesy

Not just Kiryas Joel, you put the Ramapo Hasids who are currently in Engels district in here as well.
danny
Israel

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 12:24:14 AM »

Wow, thanks, great map, and it has the entire country, I'm going to spend so much time on this thing.
danny
Israel

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »

Hmmm... don't know about turnout. But as to the Republican vote share among Orthodox Jews in Rockland County... "maxed out" is a word that comes to mind.

my point wasn't based on % but turn out even if the Orthodox vote goes slightly towards the democrats % wise if the jewish vote increases it's turn out that can have major effects.
Do you have a source or numbers regarding turnout? Total number of voters is always going to look low compared to the total population because of the large under 18 population.
danny
Israel

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:27:08 AM »

Might be more trouble w/ other Orthodox, though, (do they still speak much Yiddish in Lithuanian yeshivas? I don't know)

I checked and the best I came up with were http://www.mla.org/map_data_results&state_id=34&place_id=38580&cty_id=(home to the Beth Medrash Govoha.
So that would probably be an English majority with significant Yiddish and Hebrew minorities amongst the Litvishers. Does that count as a linguistic minority?
danny
Israel

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »

If Yiddish is a problem because it originated in Europe, than wouldn't Spanish have the same problem?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies