When did young voters begin to favor the Democrats?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:09:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  When did young voters begin to favor the Democrats?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: When did young voters begin to favor the Democrats?  (Read 3046 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 08:15:46 PM »

This is why I'm skeptical of 'Gen Z will be the most conservative generation' point I've been hearing, generations voting habits seem to be shaped who is President during their emerging years. Most Gen Zs will grow up with Trump as they reach voting age and he leave a lasting impression of the GOP.

The logic behind that point is based on YouTube comments and 4chan memes so...

The_Donald also has gone from 375,000 ---> 422,000 subscribers last we spoke.

Gen Z is truly shaping up to their destiny.
Hydera

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 10:06:11 PM »

This is why I'm skeptical of 'Gen Z will be the most conservative generation' point I've been hearing, generations voting habits seem to be shaped who is President during their emerging years. Most Gen Zs will grow up with Trump as they reach voting age and he leave a lasting impression of the GOP.

They are conservative in comparison to 18-24 year olds.  Considering that teens tend to have the same political opinion as their parents until they reach older.   I was a Bush supporting republican like my dad until i reached age 16 when the Iraq war and Bush's failures became indefensible(its also when my gender dysphoria came back sssshhhhhhhh)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 11:17:19 PM »

Um, OK?

That's still less than the number of votes that Hillary received in my county. Statistically that is a meaningless figure.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2017, 11:48:33 PM »

Um, OK?

That's still less than the number of votes that Hillary received in my county. Statistically that is a meaningless figure.

There's also been a rise in Gen Z minorities supporting the alt right who call themselves the "alt white".
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2017, 12:31:44 AM »

Um, OK?

There's also been a rise in Gen Z minorities supporting the alt right who call themselves the "alt white".

"Hey look I'm a Republican posting an article about a handful of students at some stupid private liberal arts college throwing a hissy fit over some dumb and trivial thing, this clearly proves that all college students are exactly like this and get upset over this dumb stuff."

Same logic.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 10:09:33 AM »

Um, OK?

And keep in mind that a good number of those 422k are probably bots or Russian trolls.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 11:13:20 AM »

Um, OK?

"Hey look I'm a Republican posting an article about a handful of students at some stupid private liberal arts college throwing a hissy fit over some dumb and trivial thing, this clearly proves that all college students are exactly like this and get upset over this dumb stuff."

Same logic.

There's also been a rise in apolitical Gen Z teens who are considering supporting the alt right. They call themselves the "alt might?".
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 02:22:41 PM »

Um, OK?

Same logic.

There's also been a rise in apolitical Gen Z teens who are considering supporting the alt right. They call themselves the "alt might?".

Has there been any polling on this or are we just projecting based on social media and online discussion boards? I know it's been discussed before, but I don't think 4Chan and Reddit are very appealing to teenagers nowadays, and their user base actually appears to be mostly immature 20-and 30-somethings.

Also, it would be nice if someone ran a poll of 15-25 year olds asking their opinions on New Left hobby horses like safe spaces and cultural appropriation, while also asking about views of the Alt-Right. I ask because hardcore New Left nonsense like having a "No Whites Day" on campus or shutting down a taco truck because it's run by white people is so ridiculous that I can't imagine even most #woke activists/hashtactivists have much time for it, and also because the actual hardcore Alt-Right can't be that big just going on things like membership in Alt-Right Facebook/Reddit groups, viewership of Alt-Right Youtube channels, and turnout at Richard Spencer's rallies.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »

C'mon guys. "Alt white" "Alt might?" "The_Donald increasing in subscriber count" are clearly joke posts.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 02:49:48 PM »

C'mon guys. "Alt white" "Alt might?" "The_Donald increasing in subscriber count" are clearly joke posts.

It's hard to tell if you're joking or not, but you've been sounding the alarm on GenZ being Nazis ever since November even in the face of evidence against them being Trump cultists

I've only been on here since February so I think you're confusing me with someone else Tongue

But I have said in other posts that the Gen Z = Nazis trope was a joke.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies