Most Democratic "Big" state?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:16:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most Democratic "Big" state?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these "big" states is most Democratic (in your opinion)?
California

New York

Illinois

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Most Democratic "Big" state?  (Read 1309 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2010, 05:30:37 PM »

Three large states that are pretty strongly Democratic. I will go with New York despite it's State Senate and NYC's long period without a Democratic mayor. It seems like nothing Republicans do will actually help them win there and the bench is nonexistent for future races. Kirk was elected in Illinois, but with less than 50 of the vote against an extremely pitiful candidate. California just saw a Democratic blowout despite the national environment.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 05:54:29 PM »

I voted NY, but California may overtake them.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 05:53:16 PM »

Three large states that are pretty strongly Democratic. I will go with New York despite it's State Senate and NYC's long period without a Democratic mayor. It seems like nothing Republicans do will actually help them win there and the bench is nonexistent for future races. Kirk was elected in Illinois, but with less than 50 of the vote against an extremely pitiful candidate. California just saw a Democratic blowout despite the national environment.

I have to agree. California may have had a blowout that reached into the congressional races, but they could at least find a statewide ticket that wasn't an utter embarrassment for voters to consider pulling the lever for.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 03:32:06 AM »
« Edited: December 26, 2010, 03:55:37 AM by Χahar »

Only in California are Democrats in power everywhere. The State Senate means that I can't choose New York.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 03:52:07 AM »

Excluding the State Senate, New York wins by a large margin. Honestly, I couldn't come close to explaining that aberration incarnate of a legislative body, outside of people just wanting to retain their incumbents.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 03:55:00 AM »

Excluding the State Senate, New York wins by a large margin. Honestly, I couldn't come close to explaining that aberration incarnate of a legislative body, outside of people just wanting to retain their incumbents.

Gerrymandering.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 04:21:09 PM »

California, because it's the only one that's clearly trending towards the Ds.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 03:51:00 AM »

Gerrymandering.

Any chance of it being replaced with a Democratic gerrymander now that the Governor is a Democrat? I'm guessing not since the State Senate Republicans would raise a colossal fuss, though it's a thought.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 01:43:16 PM »

Gerrymandering.

Any chance of it being replaced with a Democratic gerrymander now that the Governor is a Democrat? I'm guessing not since the State Senate Republicans would raise a colossal fuss, though it's a thought.

No chance, unless the Republican-controlled State Senate decides to approve it for some reason.  Odds are likely that the next one (2020) will be however, given that the Republicans barely held on this year.

Or the Democrats could try to draw themselves a more favorable map mind-decade like Delay did in Texas, assuming they win the State senate back in 2012.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies