Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 11:23:26 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Petition to let Einzige stay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Petition to let Einzige stay  (Read 4994 times)
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2011, 04:11:45 am »
Ignore

It is sad that this is such a divisive issue on this Forum from individuals on both sides whom I totally respect. Maybe we should see what ensues with the "born again" E man, and then cast stones if justified by ensuing events. Just a thought.

Yes, I can be both a hard ass and a softy; the ying and the yang. I don't fully understand it myself, but I have more important things to understand before I assume room temperature than this matter.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:14:40 am by Torie »Logged
Christ will return in 7-10 years.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2011, 06:04:55 am »
Ignore

Who said you're mentally ill? Depending on who it was, I don't know how seriously I'd take it...

As expected the wop won.

Eraserhead's Original Update: Open For Business 24/7
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2011, 07:11:41 am »
Ignore

Who said you're mentally ill? Depending on who it was, I don't know how seriously I'd take it...

I think I know what this refers to and it wasn't me, contrary to what most people would guess.

But I think this was just a system glitch. It makes no sense to just allow banned posters to come back on a whim.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2011, 08:50:20 am »
Ignore

Really.. is Einzige such a threat to the Atlas forum that he must be muted and banned at all costs?  His rhetoric can be very strong... but I've seen people punished far less for much more egregious offenses.

This ^^^^^^^^^

Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2011, 09:03:23 am »
Ignore

I think I know what this refers to and it wasn't me, contrary to what most people would guess.

But I think this was just a system glitch. It makes no sense to just allow banned posters to come back on a whim.

Then you don't understand who's running this place.

Fact is, the decision to keep Einzige banned should have nothing to do with the threat he poses, but is rather in keeping with the premise that a permanent ban is an extreme event, only to be made upon careful thought and reflection of a poster's activity.

As far as I'm concerned, if Einzige is let back in, then we must assume that every ban is a temporary ban and any poster can return, subject to the whim of our forum host.

Of course, I doubt I'll be around long enough to determine whether that is, in fact, the case, if it is.
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2011, 09:26:28 am »
Ignore

Really.. is Einzige such a threat to the Atlas forum that he must be muted and banned at all costs?  His rhetoric can be very strong... but I've seen people punished far less for much more egregious offenses.

This ^^^^^^^^^

It's really not about being a threat or not. You don't punish people based on how much of a threat they are.

To use the classic and obvious analogy, how much of a threat did, say, Goering pose to the world after the fall of Nazi Germany?

This is an internet forum which has a ToS. If you break them to an insane degree you get banned. It isn't about impact.

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2011, 11:03:04 am »
Ignore

This ^^^^^^^^^

It's really not about being a threat or not. You don't punish people based on how much of a threat they are.

To use the classic and obvious analogy, how much of a threat did, say, Goering pose to the world after the fall of Nazi Germany?

This is an internet forum which has a ToS. If you break them to an insane degree you get banned. It isn't about impact.
Though I agree with all of what Snowguy said, its really the second sentance in that quote you and the other mods should focus on.

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2011, 11:21:11 am »
Ignore

This ^^^^^^^^^

Though I agree with all of what Snowguy said, its really the second sentance in that quote you and the other mods should focus on.

Do you have any examples? And Einzige's insane rants are pretty hard to beat...also, creating a sock account to troll is a pretty egregious offense.

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2011, 12:00:06 pm »
Ignore

Einzige is back!  We won!

Free Bradley Manning
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2011, 02:52:08 pm »
Ignore

Einzige is back!  We won!

The auto-mute the mods can do without Dave only lasts a week... we haven't done it a second time yet.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.

Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2011, 02:58:04 pm »
Ignore

Okay, it's done now. Thanks for the reminder though Morgan! Grin

Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2011, 03:44:09 pm »
Ignore

To clarify what is happening... most moderators believe my initial prognosis of Dave unmuting Ziggy was incorrect, and that it was automatic.  With that in mind, BK has remuted him with a single infraction.

Sorry for all the confusion, i'm confused too.

this is real
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2011, 03:49:12 pm »
Ignore

There is no confusion......dickish muting is dickish muting.  JMO.

Either my uncle or I helps by putting the ice in the glasses and pouring the tea.
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2011, 04:16:56 pm »
Ignore

There is no confusion......dickish muting is dickish muting.  JMO.

Don't you believe in the death penalty? 

I guess we might just differ as a group on how permanent bans should be.

this is real
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2011, 04:50:38 pm »
Ignore

This ^^^^^^^^^

Do you have any examples? And Einzige's insane rants are pretty hard to beat...also, creating a sock account to troll is a pretty egregious offense.
Well 1st off, his new account has in no way trolled. And secondly yes, people have friggan hacked accounts and only gotten a temp ban, while he uses the wrong choice of words and has the book thrown at him.

Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2011, 04:57:12 pm »
Ignore

Well 1st off, his new account has in no way trolled.

His new account is his 3rd one that we know of.  His 2nd one, the one that spouted pro-Christian rants (despite Enzige being an anti-theist) fits pretty much the very definition of trolling.  We banned that one though, with little fanfare.

this is real
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2011, 05:01:34 pm »
Ignore

This ^^^^^^^^^

Well 1st off, his new account has in no way trolled. And secondly yes, people have friggan hacked accounts and only gotten a temp ban, while he uses the wrong choice of words and has the book thrown at him.

Yes, Xahar should have been banned.  That was a real epic mistake on Dave Leip's part, for sure.  But that's a strawman argument concerning Einzige.
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2011, 05:41:35 pm »
Ignore

This ^^^^^^^^^

You missed the sock account he brought in between this one and the one before. He pretended to be a religious conservative, IIRC.

Also, calling people fat cocksuckers and other such insults isn't the wrong choice of words.

The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »
Ignore

It doesn't matter if he has trolled or done anything wrong on this account.  The point is that he is banned from this website until Dave Leip says otherwise.  To act any differently would undermine the entire system.

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Dallasfan65
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: -9.91

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2011, 07:44:30 pm »
Ignore

His new account is his 3rd one that we know of.  His 2nd one, the one that spouted pro-Christian rants (despite Enzige being an anti-theist) fits pretty much the very definition of trolling.  We banned that one though, with little fanfare.

Did we ever get confirmation that the Christian was actually Einzige?

Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2011, 07:48:03 pm »
Ignore

Did we ever get confirmation that the Christian was actually Einzige?

IP match

this is real
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2011, 02:44:52 am »
Ignore

Look, everyone, it boils down to this: Einzige has been, previously, permanently banned from this forum. For evading this permaban he is currently under a "mute" pending Dave's review. Dave is busy with his real life now so action has been a bit slow here.

Has Einzige been reasonable with his newest username? As far as I've payed attention (not too closely), yes, pretty much. But he was permanently banned by the owner of this forum for the action's of his earlier account(s), and any decision to rescind that ban could only come from Dave himself.

Is the muting thing a bit ridiculous? Yes, but it's all the mods can do until Dave makes a call here.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2011, 10:26:30 am »
Ignore

He has been banned.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2011, 10:32:12 am »
Ignore

He has been banned.

Congrats

Either my uncle or I helps by putting the ice in the glasses and pouring the tea.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2011, 10:33:49 am »
Ignore

I really don't have strong feelings on the matter... just announcing what I noticed. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout