To my fellow left wingers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:54:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  To my fellow left wingers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: To my fellow left wingers  (Read 1943 times)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 27, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »

Calm Down.

Seriously. Yes the RPP has done a good Job picking up new people the past week or so. And yes they are closing in on the JCP. But I thank them for this. The new blood in this game is needed.

But I'm not worried. We will remain dominant in this game because we have better candidates and better platforms and better ideas.

So lets welcome all of the new people here. Because very soon the new RPP people will learn what the veterans already know. And that is that it's very hard for a right wing candidate to win national office.

Thank you.

Thomas
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »

I'm not terribly upset by it either, it's not worth flipping out over or anything. Just worth highlighting and having realistic opinions on who's joining. It's absurd and more than likely just outright dishonest to act thrilled that someone with enough issues to pretend to have a brain tumor for attention just joined the RPP. I'm happy to have new members, but let's be honest, here.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 06:31:05 PM »

Someone pretended to have brain cancer for attention on an internet forum? And now they've joined this? Huh, Atlasia's raking in the sociopaths...
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:36:03 PM »

Michael Vick got a second chance. Why not Yates?  Yes lying about Cancer is awful. But it was 3 1/2 years ago. He says he's changed. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt?  At least for now. But to be fair I may not be so forgiving had I been here when it all went down.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 06:38:46 PM »

I forgive Yates.

But Michael Vick can go DIAF.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 06:41:39 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2010, 06:44:50 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I'm not terribly upset by it either, it's not worth flipping out over or anything. Just worth highlighting and having realistic opinions on who's joining. It's absurd and more than likely just outright dishonest to act thrilled that someone with enough issues to pretend to have a brain tumor for attention just joined the RPP. I'm happy to have new members, but let's be honest, here.

You can be honest but when your cousin/nephew/uncle that you really don't care for is over for Christmas dinner, you don't be "honest" unless you never want to see them again, as in "drive" them away forever. If you take this and apply the same principle to every poster who has "issues" you probably want half of the game to leave.

And I find it just hilarious that in the same paragraph you say you don't have a problem with new people but then you managed to lay out the means by which a smaller game with fewer people will be achieved. So the first part must just be lip service then. Tongue

Don't you think that maybe he has dealt with those issues in the ensuing two, three, four years however long it has been? Are we not going to even let him in the door and give him a chance to prove himself at all?

I am sure the game will be fun when you have Marokai blue debating himself.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 06:42:16 PM »

I think if many of you had been here when that stuff actually went down, you would feel quite differently about this.

nah
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »

And that is that it's very hard for a right wing candidate to win national office.

Thank you for outlining one of the problems with Atlasia - while I'm sure y'all love being in power on all federal offices and having a distinct upper hand on any national race, I wonder how good it is for the game. What I'm worried will happen is that as left wingers continue to control this most of this game, interest in the right will die out, and like Yankee said, you're going to have Marokai debating himself because no one will be left to disagree with him.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 06:53:36 PM »

And that is that it's very hard for a right wing candidate to win national office.

Thank you for outlining one of the problems with Atlasia - while I'm sure y'all love being in power on all federal offices and having a distinct upper hand on any national race, I wonder how good it is for the game. What I'm worried will happen is that as left wingers continue to control this most of this game, interest in the right will die out, and like Yankee said, you're going to have Marokai debating himself because no one will be left to disagree with him.

Let's see how the next election turns out with 2 strong Lefty parties.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 06:59:22 PM »

Well, quoting the words of a wise man...

"I'm not worried. We will remain dominant in this game"
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 07:01:43 PM »

Oh please. That guy is an idiot. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 07:09:13 PM »

Oh please. That guy is an idiot. Wink

Remains me of Inouye's comment about Pork following the 2006 elections. "we will continue to pass it out business as usuall".
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 07:13:29 PM »

No, lets attack new players like we always do so that this game becomes more and more bitter, and less and less fun to play.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »

People who think that faking a brain tumor should either get one or know somebody who has a real one to see if it's really a laughing matter or worth "forgiving".
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »

Because of course if you do one stupid thing YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON FOR EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »

Y'all will be fine, trust me. Tongue

I'm confident we'll have a true left wing president coming into office in February.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 05:19:39 AM »

We are not a "dominant force in Atlasia". We currently are, but we were a minority no so far ago ...and a couple of zombies could be enough to give them back power.

Thomas, your argumentation is basically the same most right-wingers have. "OMG Atlasia is soooooo left-wing, we need to balance that by recruiting zombies !!" They just can't stand the fact that Atlasia is the way it is, and instead of they adapting to Atlasia they want Atlasia to adapt to them.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 10:37:03 AM »

We are not a "dominant force in Atlasia". We currently are, but we were a minority no so far ago ...and a couple of zombies could be enough to give them back power.

Thomas, your argumentation is basically the same most right-wingers have. "OMG Atlasia is soooooo left-wing, we need to balance that by recruiting zombies !!" They just can't stand the fact that Atlasia is the way it is, and instead of they adapting to Atlasia they want Atlasia to adapt to them.
I think it's unfair for you to automatically label all new members of Atlasia as zombies. The RPP has made solid efforts to get new members involved, such as Cathcon in the Mideast, who was recently elected into the Assembly. We keep in contact with our new members, and we're currently in the process of urging a couple of them to run for office on the regional level.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 10:38:42 AM »

Tmthforu, may I have your word that as Task Force member you're trying to recruit various people from various positions, not just right-wingers for your party?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 10:40:41 AM »

Tmthforu, may I have your word that as Task Force member you're trying to recruit various people from various positions, not just right-wingers for your party?
I just posted regarding this matter in the Task Force thread.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 05:14:20 PM »

I think it's unfair for you to automatically label all new members of Atlasia as zombies. The RPP has made solid efforts to get new members involved, such as Cathcon in the Mideast, who was recently elected into the Assembly. We keep in contact with our new members, and we're currently in the process of urging a couple of them to run for office on the regional level.

I know that, and I didn't want to imply that all the new recruits are zombies. There are some "potential zombies", ie newbies that still didn' tinvolve in Atlasia (but that doesn't mean they will become zombies, we were all newbies once), there are old zombies like Winfield, and some "controversial" people that are unlikely to involve so much like Yates. But the main point is : there is a clear will from the RPP to influentiate the game, in an intent to win more elections.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 09:26:29 PM »

Sounds like:

"There is no Soviet domination in Poland" - President Gerald Ford. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »

I know that, and I didn't want to imply that all the new recruits are zombies. There are some "potential zombies", ie newbies that still didn' tinvolve in Atlasia (but that doesn't mean they will become zombies, we were all newbies once), there are old zombies like Winfield, and some "controversial" people that are unlikely to involve so much like Yates. But the main point is Sad there is a clear will from the RPP to influentiate the game, in an intent to win more elections.

No, there is a clear will for the RPP to survive. You should take a look at net numbers. We did lose two people after the December elections. There are two or three more people that might fall off the rolls in the next election as well. Are we suppose to lose people and not replace them?

The RPP was in the mid 30's in early 2010. Were it not for the DAers and then the DXP members, we would have gone into the teens for sure. Look at the numbers, we had 30+ members as recently as the spring. Stop whining and complaining because you can't ration recruits like you think you can healthcare. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 09:46:20 PM »

Sounds like:

"There is no Soviet domination in Poland" - President Gerald Ford. Tongue

Don't you even dare to bring Poland into that.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 09:50:30 PM »

Y'all will be fine, trust me. Tongue

I'm confident we'll have a true left wing president coming into office in February.
You promised not to tell! Sad
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies