CNN national poll: Republicans most inclined to back Huckabee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:53:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CNN national poll: Republicans most inclined to back Huckabee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN national poll: Republicans most inclined to back Huckabee  (Read 3166 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:58:32 PM »

CNN national poll of Republicans:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/12/28/cnn.2012.poll.pdf

Would you be likely to support the following candidates for the 2012 GOP nomination?:

Huckabee
likely 67%
not likely 31%

Romney
likely 59%
not likely 40%

Gingrich
likely 54%
not likely 44%

Palin
likely 49%
not likely 51%

Also, on the Democratic side, only 19% of Dems want someone other than Obama to lead the party on the 2012 ticket, the lowest percentage this year:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/28/cnn-2012-poll-obama-palin-going-in-different-directions/
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »

Very telling of the Republican Party these days.  Glad I'm out.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »

Nice to see Palin not breaking 50%.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:10:45 PM »

Please don't leave.  We can't concede the rich frat boy vote.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 03:52:22 PM »

Would you be likely to support the following candidates for the 2012 GOP nomination?:

Palin
likely 49%
not likely 51%

my taste in a nominee has always matched that of the primary electorate, and my changes in attitude (switching between candidates) are usually a couple of months ahead of the primary electorate

Example:  In 2000, I was an early supporter of McCain until he started attacking the Religious Right, then I switched to Bush.  In 2004, I was with McCain early, then tried on several of the other candidates, then ended up back with McCain.

if the jmfcst-as-bellwether pattern holds in 2012, Pence should be considered the GOP favorite at this point in time and Palin should be expected to flame out when push comes to shove. 

Although I was an early supporter of Palin for VP in 2008, even before McCain picked her, she has proven not up to the task and should spend her time on GOTV efforts like she did in the 2008 Georgia Senate run-off campaign.

once again, jmfcst is the GOP bellwether
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 03:53:40 PM »

More of that unstoppable Sarah Palin action!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »

Palin
likely 49%
not likely 51%

my taste in a nominee has always matched that of the primary electorate, and my changes in attitude (switching between candidates) are usually a couple of months ahead of the primary electorate

Example:  In 2000, I was an early supporter of McCain until he started attacking the Religious Right, then I switched to Bush.  In 2004, I was with McCain early, then tried on several of the other candidates, then ended up back with McCain.

if the jmfcst-as-bellwether pattern holds in 2012, Pence should be considered the GOP favorite at this point in time and Palin should be expected to flame out when push comes to shove. 

Although I was an early supporter of Palin for VP in 2008, even before McCain picked her, she has proven not up to the task and should spend her time on GOTV efforts like she did in the 2008 Georgia Senate run-off campaign.

McCain didn't run in 2004.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »

It seems like he was actually meaning to refer to 2008.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 04:27:01 PM »

Palin
likely 49%
not likely 51%

McCain didn't run in 2004.

2008...2004....what's the difference
Poundingtherock
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 05:42:06 PM »

This isn't even a primary poll.

There's no "head-to-head," so what the hell is this question trying to gauge?  Why wouldn't a Huckabee supporter or a Romney supporter tell CNN that they don't want Palin to be the nominee?  Could it be that they want their own guy to be the nominee?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 09:58:42 PM »

Please stop with all of the drama, Fezzy.  Roll Eyes  We don't need this becoming another one of your bitch fests.

Ha!
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 08:56:38 PM »

Good. In a primary between those 4, I'd vote Huckabee.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 11:16:25 PM »

Please stop with all of the drama, Fezzy.  Roll Eyes  We don't need this becoming another one of your bitch fests.

Ha!

hahaha
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 05:42:19 PM »

Even Republicans don't like Palin. That's hilarious.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 09:53:18 PM »

Huckabee has given precisely zero indication of running, but like Palin he's included in all the polls. That said, he's a big spender like Palin was with nanny-state tendencies, plus 2 Willie Horton problems. Favorability polls mean little unless they're underwater or under 50%, not the case here.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 01:06:21 PM »

The thing is, like (though, of course, not to the same degree as) Palin, he has such wide brand recognition that he can afford to stay out of the race longer than the others.  This gives him a real advantage of letting the others test the waters.  I don't think we'll see Huckabee announce for or against running until May at least.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 01:33:31 PM »

Huckabee has given precisely zero indication of running, but like Palin he's included in all the polls. That said, he's a big spender like Palin was with nanny-state tendencies, plus 2 Willie Horton problems. Favorability polls mean little unless they're underwater or under 50%, not the case here.

Well, Palin's favorability is under 50%. If nothing else, that's good news for the Republicans, considering Palin's fundamental unelectability.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »

I can't believe I am about to defend Sarah Palin here, but I am. This is a CNN poll and I am wondering how they polled the republican electorate. I would assume they polled a majority more moderate republicans here. I hardly believe she is at a net negative rating in her own party. This is the only poll I've seen where she has a net negative out of the republican party. Once those tea party nuts get going her support will rise. Sarah needs to hope that Huckabee doesn't run as I have seen multiple polls that indicate she is the second choice of a large majority of his base. If Huck is out she has a better chance at the nomination. With Huck out I could see her winning early in South Carolina and possibly coming in at number 2 in Iowa.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »

I hardly believe she is at a net negative rating in her own party. This is the only poll I've seen where she has a net negative out of the republican party.

This isn't a "favorability" poll.  It's a poll of "Could you see yourself backing this person in the primaries?".  Two different things.  Clearly, a majority of Republicans like Palin.  How many of those people would potentially be open to backing her in the primaries is a separate question.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies