NV-PPP: Rep. Heller (R) does much better than Sen. Ensign (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:02:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  NV-PPP: Rep. Heller (R) does much better than Sen. Ensign (R)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV-PPP: Rep. Heller (R) does much better than Sen. Ensign (R)  (Read 1584 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »

John Ensign (R) vs. Oscar Goodman (D): 35-45
John Ensign (R) vs. Shelley Berkley (D): 42-45
John Ensign (R) vs. Catherine Cortez Masto (D): 42-44
John Ensign (R) vs. Ross Miller (D): 39-40

Dean Heller (R) vs. Oscar Goodman (D): 45-38
Dean Heller (R) vs. Shelley Berkley (D): 51-38
Dean Heller (R) vs. Catherine Cortez Masto (D): 46-37
Dean Heller (R) vs. Ross Miller (D): 46-34

Harry Reid: 46% Approve, 50% Disapprove

Do you think Republicans should have nominated someone different than Sharron Angle to run against Harry Reid last year?

68% Yes
21% No

John Ensign: 35% Approve, 50% Disapprove

Do you think John Ensign should run for reelection next year?

26% Yes
59% No

Dean Heller: 46% Favorable, 23% Unfavorable
Oscar Goodman: 45% Favorable, 21% Unfavorable
Shelley Berkley: 34% Favorable, 29% Unfavorable
Catherine Cortez Masto: 37% Favorable, 28% Unfavorable
Ross Miller: 34% Favorable, 16% Unfavorable

PPP surveyed 932 Nevada voters from January 3rd to 5th. The survey’s margin of error is +/-3.2%. Other factors, such as refusal to be interviewed and weighting, may introduce additional error that is more difficult to quantify.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_NV_01061205.pdf
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »

Is Heller pure enough to make it through a primary?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 04:43:11 PM »

Yes, he is =(
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »

Pure in what way? Because I certainly don't think he's been through any massive scandals.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 04:49:05 PM »

Pure in what way? Because I certainly don't think he's been through any massive scandals.

Politically pure, so as to avoid a Tea Party challenger. Has he always been an opponent of recognizing climate change? Not offered proposals on health care prior to 2009 that could be seen as justifying PPACA? Many conservatives said and did things in the mid-2000s that make them potentially unelectable now if the right grass roots constitutional conservative steps up to the plate. 
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 04:51:34 PM »

Politically pure, so as to avoid a Tea Party challenger. Has he always been an opponent of recognizing climate change? Not offered proposals on health care prior to 2009 that could be seen as justifying PPACA? Many conservatives said and did things in the mid-2000s that make them potentially unelectable now if the right grass roots constitutional conservative steps up to the plate. 

That, I'm not sure of. I'd need to look up his record, since I haven't really cared much about it until now.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 09:15:45 AM »

republicans won't vote for angle over heller, as they voted for her over lowden... heller is really popular with them, and I think independents also like him....
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »

Any polling of an Ensign-Heller primary in this batch? The last poll I saw was a 44-37 Ensign lead.

He did lament the lost influence NV would have if Reid lost. He also is probably very hated by some of his former and potential opponents. The Gibbons obviously don't like him, though those dummies are irrelevant now, Angle doesn't like him at all, and I heard that Ensign isn't too fond of him either.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:18 PM »

That, I'm not sure of. I'd need to look up his record, since I haven't really cared much about it until now.

A quick glance at on the issues suggests he differs from the typical conservative Republican only on stem cell research. He should be fine, in that case. Though I think I saw a poll that showed Nevada Republicans standing by Ensign. Might just be due to name recognition though.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »

Any polling of an Ensign-Heller primary in this batch? The last poll I saw was a 44-37 Ensign lead.

He did lament the lost influence NV would have if Reid lost. He also is probably very hated by some of his former and potential opponents. The Gibbons obviously don't like him, though those dummies are irrelevant now, Angle doesn't like him at all, and I heard that Ensign isn't too fond of him either.

Lucky for Heller all those people made themselves irrelevant. Sandoval's endorsement could give him a big boost, and Reid might not want to challenge him aggressively (the Dems did this in NV in 2006 too).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies