What Republicans can beat Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:19:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What Republicans can beat Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Republicans can beat Obama?  (Read 4620 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: January 01, 2011, 01:32:13 PM »
« edited: January 01, 2011, 01:34:47 PM by Mecha In Name Only »

Predicting Johnson could be competative nationally is the kind of talk that only takes place on message boards.  It's fantasy.

Huh, im sure that's what they said about Garfield. It happens.

Why don't we check the message boards of 1880 and find out?

Okay let's check

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Are you bloody serious?  James Garfield?  I mean granted we are on a message board when the internet supposedly doesn't exist and therefore there is no Wikipedia but still somehow we all know who this James Garfield chap is.  Anyway, where the hell do you get this insane notion that a nobody like Garfield can somehow make it to the National Convention Ballot?  Especially when the likes of Sherman, Grant, and Blaine are all likely to be the top contenders?  Men with infinitely more name recognition than this randomass Ohio Representative?  I mean if anything he is probably just going to be a yes man for Sherman anyhow?
I mean why the hell would the Convention nominate a nobody like Garfield against someone with name recognition like Hancock, Hendricks, Bayard, or even Tilden.  Considering that Tilden kicked the GOP's asses in the popular vote and only lost by one electoral vote imagine what kind of damage he would do if a nobody like Garfield is nominated?
Astronomical says I.[/quote]
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 06:07:14 PM »

I'm surprised to have seen Hoevan mentioned several times.  He is certainly well liked in NoDak.  But he used to be the president of the Bank of North Dakota.  One prediction I feel pretty safe in making about the election is that a former baker won't win the presidency as soon as next year.  And, seriously, it's way too early for him.

Yeah yeah he just won election to the US Senate.
If Obama wins re-election or the Dems hold onto the White House I could see Hoeven being a serious contender in 2016 though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies