Dilma's already President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:32:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Dilma's already President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dilma's already President  (Read 1429 times)
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 01, 2011, 04:36:24 PM »

In this afternoon, Dilma Rousseff (PT) became first woman to be President of Brazil, along with her Vice President, former President of Chamber, Michel Temer (PMDB), first Arab Brazilian to get Vice Presidency. She received Presidential Sash from President Lula that went to masses after going down through ramp of Planalto Palace. One notable absence was of outgoing Vice President José Alencar (PRB) that's on hospital treating a cancer and he was saluted by President Rousseff. In inaugural speech, she remembered times of fighting against military dictatorship, like promising to be "President of all Brazilians" along to give support to education and health. Former President Lula went to São Bernardo do Campo, his hometown, where he'll receive homages. Many foreign dignataries went to cerimony, like President Santos (Colombia), President Mujica (Uruguay), President Garcia (Peru), President Chavez (Venezuela), President Piñera (Chile), President Lugo (Paraguay), President Bouterse (Surinam), Prime Minister Socrates (Paraguay), Prime Minister Borisov (Bulgaria) Prince Felipe (Spain) and Secretary of State Clinton (USA).
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »

http://www.presidencia.gov.br/ministros/view
Dilma's cabinet
Some notes:
-Minister of Culture, Ana de Hollanda is sister of composer and singer Chico Buarque de Hollanda and member of a historical leftist family. She is linked to PT cultural affairs, internal adversary of Minister Juca Ferreira (PV), that endorsed Dilma over Marina Silva.
-Chief of Staff, Palocci is making his comeback after a scandal in 2006, due to banking secrecy violation. He'll lose management of PAC (Program to Acceleration of Growth) to Ministry of Planning, but he'll remain a powerful interlocutor.
-Minister of Tourism, Pedro Novais (PMDB-MA), was involved in scandal about putting expenses on motel (in Brazil, this is a hotel for sex) in Chamber.
-Minister of Strategical Affairs, former Governor Moreira Franco (PMDB-RJ) and Minister of Agriculture, Wagner Rossi (PMDB-SP) were put in Cabinet with Dilma's support.
-Dilma promised to put 25% of Cabinet of woman and she fullfilled this promise.
-Powerful ministers will be Palocci, Cardozo (Justice), Pimentel (Development, Trade and Industry) and Bernardo (Communications).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »

Congratulations, Dilma ! Cheesy I wish you a successful presidency and hope you will keep your country on a path of progress. Smiley
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 05:52:39 PM »

I wish to thank you for this friendship shown to my country and I hope to see French-Brazilian friendship stronger. I saw in the news that Minister Juppé was official representant of French Government. Vive le France! Viva o Brasil!
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 07:08:56 PM »

Our new Second Lady Marcela Temer, 27, is on Twitter trending topics. She was already Miss Paulinia (SP) and married Vice President Michel Temer, 70 in 2003.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »

I wish to thank you for this friendship shown to my country and I hope to see French-Brazilian friendship stronger. I saw in the news that Minister Juppé was official representant of French Government. Vive le France! Viva o Brasil!
Replace French with Bulgarian and that would be my attitude as well. Well, the part with the representative can be removed; I don't like at all being represented by Borisov.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 10:57:30 PM »

According to a local paper Dilma's first foreign trip will be to Argentina.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:50:06 PM »

It seems President Dilma's fellow citizens are celebrating her inauguration by simultaneously evacuating the country.  I swear, Las Vegas is about 80% Brazilian right now.
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 03:37:53 AM »

I hope she will reconsider the decision about the terrorist Battisti now.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 11:07:03 AM »

Joe, this is because our economical achievements. With a favorable exchange rate, easy credit and social ascension, more Brazilians can travel abroad. Now, Sin City can gain a Brazilian touch.
Iannis, we need to remember that your country is the country of Operation Gladio, P2...Italy was in civil war-like during 70s and 80s. Battisti was a political fighter. Not more than this.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »

Dilma will be a better president than Lula. And Lula was a great president for brasil =).
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 01:46:59 PM »

Awesome Smiley
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 03:27:11 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2011, 03:28:47 AM by Iannis »

Joe, this is because our economical achievements. With a favorable exchange rate, easy credit and social ascension, more Brazilians can travel abroad. Now, Sin City can gain a Brazilian touch.
Iannis, we need to remember that your country is the country of Operation Gladio, P2...Italy was in civil war-like during 70s and 80s. Battisti was a political fighter. Not more than this.

P2 and Gladio have nothing to do with Battisti.
There was not a civil war, but terrorist actions against the State a democratic State, like in Germany with RAF. All parties agreed on condemnation of kilelrs of that time, because violence is not a legitimate mean in politics.
But moreover, consider that Battisti, as welll as other terrorists was responsible not only for political criminal actions against policemen, officials, etc (which would be already criminal) but especially against normal citizens, like a jewelry retailer, a butcher (!!!), kileld for simple robberies. It was a method usually used by terrorists for financing themselves.
Consider also that in Italy justice is very mild, that the other former terrorist are already all free, even if guilty of assassination. It's a paradox: if Battisti had been jailed at the proper time now he would be free.
And consider that all the parties, including former communists (who were at the opposition in 70s) consider Battisti a terrorist.
the real problem is that too long that season was identified as a romantic rebellion, and abroad there was not the proper information.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »

Iannis, while I tend to agree with you about the fact Battisti should be extraded (I don't really have an opinion though, as I didn't follow the controversy closely), you can't say Gladio and P2 have nothing to do with that. When you see that people in power were conspirating to overthrow the democratic regime in order to keep their power if the people wanted to deprive them of, you can't deny that something was going wrong.

Also...
Consider also that in Italy justice is very mild

I bet a certain politician you like disagrees. Grin
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »

Iannis, while I tend to agree with you about the fact Battisti should be extraded (I don't really have an opinion though, as I didn't follow the controversy closely), you can't say Gladio and P2 have nothing to do with that. When you see that people in power were conspirating to overthrow the democratic regime in order to keep their power if the people wanted to deprive them of, you can't deny that something was going wrong.

Also...
Consider also that in Italy justice is very mild

I bet a certain politician you like disagrees. Grin

Eheh  HE would disagree because he wouldn't accept even the milder punishment.
Well: P2 and Gladio: they are 2 different things, gladio was present with various names allover Western countries, with the purpose of organising a resistence to Soviet likely invaders. Obviously it was secret, especially to communist politicians.
P2 was a sort of "think thank", or lobby made of people who believed in a diferent pattern of society. Literally there was nothing of illegal in their ideas: it was a conservative pattern that imitated a USA model, nothing fascist. Illegal was the way they wanted to implement their plans, through secret influence towars high bureaucats and politicians.
I any case we are going OT because judges who condemned Battisti were not part of P2, because Battisti was not fighting P2 or Gladio, whiche at that time had not been discovered yet, he acted simply as a common criminal and the fact that laeter he "painted" ieologically his acts according to me worsen his position.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »

Of course I don't claim it is an excuse to terrorism in any way. I think Battisti should be extraded and have a fair trial. But still you can't claim Gladio and P2 have nothing to do with terrorism generally speaking : it shows it was an extremely tense period were both sides were ready to employ violent means to prevail.
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 06:54:34 AM »

Of course I don't claim it is an excuse to terrorism in any way. I think Battisti should be extraded and have a fair trial. But still you can't claim Gladio and P2 have nothing to do with terrorism generally speaking : it shows it was an extremely tense period were both sides were ready to employ violent means to prevail.

Battisti has already had a fair trial from a common tribunal, since they were common crimes. and in any case Italy was the only country without a "special legislation" on terrorism.
P2 and Gladio came later an in any case other lie BR or neofascist terrorist had to do with something similar, not Battisti with his common robberies.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies