Southeastern Magistrate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:03:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southeastern Magistrate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southeastern Magistrate  (Read 493 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2004, 10:27:58 PM »

Some have criticized my attempt to provide for a seperate Southeastern Judiciary in the initiatiate that will be before the voters this December as a wasted position for those who could be more active.  However, we have many talented Atlasians who for reasons of their own, do not wish a position that would require a large quantity of activity on their part in the fantasy forums, despite their obvious ability.  The Southeast is fortunate to have such a person who has prefered to concentrate on the main forums rather than the fantasy forums, but who yet still participates here on occasion.  A person whose personal politics help insure that he we be a magistrate that will interpret the law instead of making the the law.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great privledge to announce that I intend to nominate for the office of Magistrate, the honorable, and hopefully soon, the Right Honorable, John Dibble of Georgia.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 10:41:02 PM »

Excellent choice!!!  *cough, now maybe he won't run against Hermit, cough*
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 10:41:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I haven't criticised the proposal for that reason; My concern was that the position would be occupied by somebody who was active in fantasy politics, and would soon be looking for another position elsewhere in another election. My concern was that this would lead to a high turnover in a post, largely seen as a stepping stone, in a post that ideally shouldn't see high turnover. In the case of your choice, this is not an issue.

I wholeheartedly endorse John Dibble for the post and I am sure he will make a fine Magistratre.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 11:23:54 PM »

Thank you, Ernest. If the voters approve of the initiative and of myself, I will do my best to fulfill my duties, though limited they may be.

If I had more time, I may have considered running for another office, but with a new college semester coming up I can't gaurantee that I'll be as available as I am now. (I've also got my hands on a copy of GTA: San Andreas and am busy commiting non-libertarian acts of fantasy violence)  Wink
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 05:59:14 PM »

<applause>

It looks like my compatriot Mr. Dibble is part of Atlasian history.

Congratulations, John!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies