Issa: "Obama has one of the most corrupt administrations"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:37:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Issa: "Obama has one of the most corrupt administrations"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Issa: "Obama has one of the most corrupt administrations"  (Read 2724 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 02, 2011, 02:36:19 PM »

I wonder how Dave Leip would characterize this statement. Smiley

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/01/issa-obama-has-one-of-the-most.html?wprss=44

Incoming House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said that his committee does not plan to investigate the White House's reported efforts to get Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.) out of last year's Pennsylvania Senate Democratic primary, noting that it has since been revealed that the Bush administration made similar efforts in previous years. "It was wrong if it was done in the Bush administration; it's wrong in the Obama administration," Issa said, adding that his committee focuses mainly on issues of waste, fraud and abuse. Issa also clarified that when he previously said during a radio interview that Obama "has been one of the most corrupt presidents in modern times," he was referring to the Obama administration and not the president himself.

"In saying that this is one of the most corrupt administrations, which is what I meant to say there," Issa said, "when you hand out $1 trillion in TARP just before this president came in, most of it unspent, $1 trillion nearly in stimulus that this president asked for, plus this huge expansion in healthcare and government, it has a corrupting effect."
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »

Darrell Issa is completely useless.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:03:11 PM »

Yes Darrell, we expected as much from you. The upside is that you are going to personally embarrass yourself.

Do you even know what the word "corrupt" means Darrell?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 03:53:44 PM »

Darrell Issa is completely useless.

Agree, and a useless man with a lot of power scares me.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »

Wake me up when the current administration gets even close to the number of indictments as any of the last four administrations.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 06:35:20 PM »

It's people like these that make me want to leave this place.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 10:13:45 PM »

Grant, Harding, and Nixon outclass Obama eaisly.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »

There are going to be sooooo many frickin investigations with the new GOP majority in the house.  It will be all they do.  As it was posted on MNPublius... expect the birth certificate issue to come up again.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »

expect the birth certificate issue to come up again.
Just because a few idiots think that, it doesn't mean the GOP is full of birthers. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 12:12:50 AM »

expect the birth certificate issue to come up again.
Just because a few idiots think that, it doesn't mean the GOP is full of birthers. 

At least a couple of them are already in the House of Representatives, in the party that now holds a majority there.  That's quite enough already, thank you.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 12:20:17 AM »

Character assassination is what the GOP does. It has served them well in the past. I expect them to continue on this theme until it becomes a mainstream meme.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 06:40:32 AM »

No character assassination is required.

The administration is either corrupt, inept, or both. I'm not sure which.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 10:22:34 AM »

Evidence of corruption? Not the same thing as disapproval of policies.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 10:36:05 AM »

Evidence of corruption? Not the same thing as disapproval of policies.

You don't remember the epic failures of picking an administration? It seemed Obama couldn't even pick his nose without something sinister coming out. Even Bo was involved in a scandal, which I found quite humorous. Tongue
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 10:40:54 AM »

The car thief is ready to start the show. Bring it on, it's not like this thing actually helps the Republicans, so have at it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 10:41:09 AM »

Maybe I've been living in a cave, but exactly what corruption is the administration going to be accused of?

Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 10:45:05 AM »

Maybe I've been living in a cave, but exactly what corruption is the administration going to be accused of?

I don't know yet.

Something is off about this administration, though. It could be corrupt. It could be just flat out inept.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 10:51:59 AM »

I don't know yet.

Something is off about this administration, though. It could be corrupt. It could be just flat out inept.

I'm leaning toward the latter until solid proof exists of the former.  For most of us, I think that's true regardless of who is President.  But Issa seems to be operating on 'let's see what we can find' guilty til innocent path......both parties have done that but it doesn't make it right.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »

I don't know yet.

Ineptitide and corruption are not the same thing. It doesn't make any sense to claim, without any evidence, that an administration has one or the other problem. If you accuse a politician of corruption, you need some kind of evidence to support that claim.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 11:04:43 AM »

I don't know yet.

Ineptitide and corruption are not the same thing. It doesn't make any sense to claim, without any evidence, that an administration has one or the other problem. If you accuse a politician of corruption, you need some kind of evidence to support that claim.

And even though no outward evidence exists, memphis, they want to dig dig dig to find some dirt.  Again, both sides do this......it's no wonder people hate politicians.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 01:23:06 PM »

I don't know yet.

I never said they were the same thing.

If you think this administration has been doing a hunky doory job, you have been living under a rock. There is a reason the Dems were bite in the Midterms.

I'm not making an accusation (so off the high horse you go), although I did point that there were selection problems in the administration. It is not unthinkable that some corrupt politicians pass screening.

Even though I am Republican, I was not a fan of Bush's administration, either.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »

I don't know yet.

Something is off about you. You could be partisan. Or you could be just flat out idiot.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 01:25:08 PM »

I don't know yet.

Something is off about you. You could be partisan. Or you could be just flat out idiot.

Too bad you cannot take this post back, now. See the post above yours.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »

Darrel Issa to big business/corporations: "Tell me what to do. I exist to serve you."
Semaphore
Rookie
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »

Corruption is not the same as incompetence. Maybe the administration is corrupt; it is certainly incompetent. I doubt that Issa is planning to back up his statements, though if there is corruption within the Obama administration, the impressive amount of incompetence will presumably allow it to leak through anyhow.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies