The Porcupine Campaign Tracker: February 2011
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:12:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Porcupine Campaign Tracker: February 2011
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Porcupine Campaign Tracker: February 2011  (Read 3736 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 10:47:19 AM »

I don't really see the point of doing those regional polls for presidency since this is a national election. Maybe doing these polls about the upcoming Senate races would be more interesting.
It can be helpful for the candidates to see how they are performing in the various regions, and I do plan on including the Senate races in the next polls, possibly the governor races.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 11:05:39 AM »

I don't really see the point of doing those regional polls for presidency since this is a national election. Maybe doing these polls about the upcoming Senate races would be more interesting.
It can be helpful for the candidates to see how they are performing in the various regions, and I do plan on including the Senate races in the next polls, possibly the governor races.

The bigger issue is that it doesn't account for second preferences, which, given the number of candidates, seem likely to matter.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 11:59:44 PM »

The bigger issue is that it doesn't account for second preferences, which, given the number of candidates, seem likely to matter.
Well if you would like to Poll 2nd and 3rd prefs and map it, I'd me more than happy to post it for you Wink
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 12:41:24 AM »

How are these polls being conducted?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 12:07:42 PM »

How are these polls being conducted?
I'll select ~10ish people at random in a certain region then PM them
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 02:35:28 PM »

Who won the 1st debate?
No one scored a decisive victory, but tmth has come out ahead winning a plurality in the poll.

Tmth - 31%
Marokai - 23%
Oakvale - 19%
Ben 12%

Rocky* - 15%

* No longer in the race
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

I have the sad feeling that most of people didn't even know the debate and simply voted for the candidate they support. Just look at Rocky, who didn't even participate.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 04:45:04 PM »

Just look at Rocky, who didn't even participate.

A little harsh considering that personal crises took precedence at the time.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 05:58:53 PM »

I have the sad feeling that most of people didn't even know the debate and simply voted for the candidate they support.

I certainly would agree that I share your same first concern.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »

Interview with Marokai "Blueman" Blue

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It specifically says malicious editing the wiki. Not just "editing the Wiki." Doing so maliciously. That was the tricky part in prosecuting Antonio, and why I publicly defended him before I became AG. For those that may be confused on what malice means, it has a definition specific to the legal term. It refers to "a party's intention to do injury to another party."

In evaluating all of the evidence in that case, I saw nothing at all which showed that Antonio was intent on maliciously editing the wiki. He, on multiple occasions, attempted to engage Libertas in discussion. He very clearly and elaborately explained his reasons for doing what he did. Nothing in anything he said whatsoever had any mean or mocking tone to it.

Now, I think Antonio was mistaken in editing the wiki in the way he did. It was clearly stupid to go beyond a certain point and it was rather clear he wasn't going to get anything accomplished, but that is irrelevant. What was necessary in that case was proving the legal term of malice in regard to Antonio's actions. While his actions were shortsighted, they couldn't be proved outright as malicious.[/quote]

Part 2 up next
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 11:29:47 PM »

Citizen Blue Interveiw Continued

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2011, 12:42:11 AM »

I thank you for the interview.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 08:25:58 PM »

Chaos in the UDL
What should be a simple task appears to be testing whether or not a new party can survive. The United Democratic Left became a major party overnight, attracting many members, many from the JCP. With such a large party it isn't hard to imagine more than one member interested in seeking the presidency, which of course led to the call for a primary. This should be relatively easy to just hold a vote right? Wrong. The UDL is locked in a bitter fight, not just over who to run, but how to even vote in the primary. Several members want to hold a private vote while others want everything to be open and hold a public vote.

Is the United Democratic Left really united? Or better yet, the question pops up, even democratic? Earlier Marokai Blue who is battling for the nomination, in anger, appeared to make a gaffe that could prove costly.   
It is easy to see why someone would be frustrated over the drama going on, but to complain about being challenged for the nomination in a party that has "Democratic" in its name seems absurd. 
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 08:28:18 PM »

What I meant in that comment, if it matters at all (and I don't think it does, people are intent on finding anything at all to bicker endlessly over, and those people seem to be multiplying) was that Ben refuses to drop out of the race, last I checked if he actually lost the race, so I felt like a primary was a pointless exercise to some extent. I will back out of the race entirely if I lose, but since Ben is hellbent on running anyway, it's nearly political blackmail at that point, since if I end up winning, he will forcibly split the vote anyway.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »

Thank you for the clarification.
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 08:35:49 PM »

What I meant in that comment, if it matters at all (and I don't think it does, people are intent on finding anything at all to bicker endlessly over, and those people seem to be multiplying) was that Ben refuses to drop out of the race, last I checked if he actually lost the race, so I felt like a primary was a pointless exercise to some extent. I will back out of the race entirely if I lose, but since Ben is hellbent on running anyway, it's nearly political blackmail at that point, since if I end up winning, he will forcibly split the vote anyway.

Ben said he would back out if he lost.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 08:36:46 PM »

Ben said he would back out if he lost.

Then I happily apologize for my error.
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 08:42:42 PM »

Yay! Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »

I would like to make a brief comment.

As Chair of the UDL it is my responsibility to endeavor to do what is right by as many members as possible.  Since there were two (originally three) declared candidates, it is only right and proper that a democratic process takes place, regardless of whether or not the result is a foregone conclusion. I owed that to all candidates running, and those members who want to have a say as to who the standard barer of the party is, I'm deeply appreciative to both Marokai and Ben to act in the interests of the party in the event that they do not win the party vote.

This is democratic party, there is nothing that has happened or will happen that does not hold democratic principles as the most important element.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 06:54:18 AM »

This is disappointing, Jbrase. You had an occasion to distance yourself from the drama that was going on and bring an independent perspective on it. Instead you chose to involve in it and fuel it by picking a random comment and misinterpreting it.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2011, 02:17:19 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2011, 02:31:34 PM by Pacific Councilor Jbrase »

This is disappointing, Jbrase. You had an occasion to distance yourself from the drama that was going on and bring an independent perspective on it. Instead you chose to involve in it and fuel it by picking a random comment and misinterpreting it.

Before Marokai elaborated on that comment it was something worth bringing up. And since I wrote on it we have all learned it was just a misunderstanding. Without the clarification we got from him here, the person who might be nominated for President would have gone on looking like he was bitter at the concept of going through a primary, now we know he was just under the wrong impression of Ben's intentions. So I would like to think me bringing attention to this did the UDL some good.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »

Before Marokai elaborated on that comment it was something worth bringing up. And since I wrote on it we have all learned it was just a misunderstanding. Without the clarification we got from him here, the person who might be nominated for President would have gone on looking like he was bitter at the concept of going through a primary, now we know he was just under the wrong impression of Ben's intentions. So I would like to think me bringing attention to this did the UDL some good.

So far, nobody had given the impression that he found Marokai's comment particularly outrageous, it wasn't even an issue. And hadn't Marokai clarified it so early, your article had the potential to fuel again controversies among UDLers. It would just have needed anybody to post before Marokai. I'm not implying that you did it with any bad intention, but it certainly couldn't help people to chill out, and you should have been aware of that.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »

So far, nobody had given the impression that he found Marokai's comment particularly outrageous, it wasn't even an issue. And hadn't Marokai clarified it so early, your article had the potential to fuel again controversies among UDLers. It would just have needed anybody to post before Marokai. I'm not implying that you did it with any bad intention, but it certainly couldn't help people to chill out, and you should have been aware of that.
Actualy I saw someone else bring it up in the UDL thread, which is how I came across it, so at the very least one maybe more in your own party was taking issue with it. And sure there was always the possibility it would cause more drama if he hadn't responded so quickly, but would you really prefer it was just left alone and several crucial voters on the left go to the polls with that in the back of their mind when they are deciding who to vote for? 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 04:30:35 PM »

Actualy I saw someone else bring it up in the UDL thread, which is how I came across it, so at the very least one maybe more in your own party was taking issue with it. And sure there was always the possibility it would cause more drama if he hadn't responded so quickly, but would you really prefer it was just left alone and several crucial voters on the left go to the polls with that in the back of their mind when they are deciding who to vote for? 

I understand your point. But in my opinion what UDLers need now is really just to chill out. To just stop discussing about some subjects and focus on policy. I know this is probably too late to hope for this goal to be met, but still I would have prefered if we could avoid other comments on the subject. Still, I understand your purposes when you chose to comment it and I apologize for my early reaction.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »

Tmth leads in the NE

When asked who would they give their 1st pref to the region responded:

Tmthforu94 - 55%
Marokai - 33%
Oakvale - 0%
Undecided 11%
Pages: 1 [2] 3