Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 03:26:50 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  The Porcupine Campaign Tracker: February 2011
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The Porcupine Campaign Tracker: February 2011  (Read 2177 times)
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -5.74

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2011, 03:58:57 pm »
Ignore

The Porcupine

This thread shall be used to map our region by region polling as well as reporting on the state of the race.  

Our reporters
Xahar
Kalwejt
Wormyguy kinda sorta I think

Marokai - orange; Tmth - Blue

The Northeast
Leans towards tmth

The Mideast
No Polling has been done for this region yet.

The Imperial Dominion of the South
Solidly in tmth's column

The Midwest
No polling has been done for this region yet.

The Pacific
The 1st poll, conducted before all candidates had announced shows this region solidly backing Mr. Blue. However this may change as another native son, and current governor of the Pacific will be included in the next poll.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:46:11 pm by Pacific Councilor Jbrase »Logged
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 03:59:32 pm »
Ignore

Marokai Blue (UDL)
Twice Attorney General, a Senator, PPT, Vice President, and Supreme Court Justice, Marokai Blue has attempted to bring activity and accomplishment to each office he has held. Not only setting substantial precedent as a Justice, Marokai was also instrumental in the left-wing resurgence in 2009, and went on to duo with Purple State to successfully push for ratification of a brand new Constitution in 2010. Running with Purple State again on a swapped ticket, he seeks to do equally substantial things again.

Oakvale (JCP)
A relative newcomer to Atlasia, Oakvale was recently elected to his second term as Governor of the Pacific. As Governor, he steered major structural reforms through the legislature, revitalising a region that had long been stagnant, and, in the first significant change to the Pacific's legislature ever, succesfully introduced Atlasia's only bicamarel regional assembly.

With a fresh perspective on Atlasia's fundamental problems, Oakvale, along with his running mate Snowguy716, seek to give the game's institutions the radical shakeup they need.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:40:03 pm by Pacific Councilor Jbrase »Logged
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 04:00:00 pm »
Ignore

Tmthforu94 (RPP)
Atlasia has moved to the left in recent years, with 4 of the last 5 Presidents being liberal. Tmthforu94, the only non-liberal candidate currently in the race, hopes to break that trend in this election cycle. During his time in the Mideast Assembly, Atlasian Senate, and Mideast Governor's Mansion, Tmthforu94 has a strong record of bi-partisanship and moderation, and he hopes to bring those same qualities to the White House.  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:36:53 pm by Pacific Councilor Peter Griffin »Logged
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 04:20:12 pm »
Ignore

Campaign Update

This race has gotten much more interesting over the past 24 hours as now there will be 5 competing tickets, one of which is now confirmed to be the incumbent president seeking re-election. Can he survive his challenge's that appear to be from all sides of the spectrum?
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 04:27:13 pm »
Ignore

Are there primaries, or do you just declare?

Also, is there no POP candidate in the race yet? Just wondering.

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 04:28:47 pm »
Ignore

Campaign Update
Fritz was just kidding, that is all for now.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 04:36:07 pm »
Ignore

Primaries are exclusively voluntary. We haven't had one since the end of the Progressive Primaries of 2008 and 2009.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 04:48:39 pm »
Ignore

The only candidates running are 2 UDLers 1 JCPer and one RPPer at the moment.
IDS Judicial Overlord PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 05:32:42 pm »
Ignore

Primaries are exclusively voluntary. We haven't had one since the end of the Progressive Primaries of 2008 and 2009.

I'm pretty sure there have been no primaries in any Presidential election after June 2008.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 05:35:38 pm »
Ignore

I'm pretty sure there have been no primaries in any Presidential election after June 2008.

2007 and 2008, my bad.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 05:56:26 pm »
Ignore

Looks like the UDL could have used one.

Your Atlas experience will be 100x better if you turn signatures off. Trust me.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 06:41:53 pm »
Ignore

Why are you using the past tense?

Update reading list

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 06:47:14 pm »
Ignore

Why are you using the past tense?
Because Ben said he wouldn't run in a UDL primary.  Though I suppose it's possible that Marokai/Purple State will get the UDL endorsement and Ben will have to run as an independent.

Your Atlas experience will be 100x better if you turn signatures off. Trust me.
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 08:50:57 pm »
Ignore

Pacific

Question: Who do you currently plan on 1st preferencing for President in February?

Ben: 0%
Marokai: 66%
Tmthforu94: 17%
Other: 17%
Undecided: 0%

*( This poll was conducted before all candidates had announced)*
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 08:59:55 pm »
Ignore

Pacific

Question: Who do you currently plan on 1st preferencing for President in February?

Only 6 voters?

This signature has more content than my brain.
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 09:03:37 pm »
Ignore

Pacific

Only 6 voters?
I plan on having larger samples in the future.
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 02:23:44 pm »
Ignore

Breaking News

One of the more controversial candidates, Yates, has gone missing. He is presumed dead. Whether or not his name will remain on the ballot is unknown. sources tell us that the police are currently looking at Sam Spade, Hashemite, Gustaf, and even Yates himself are possible suspects. Right now the police are telling us this is likely a case of vigilante justice.

In other news..
Senator Dallasfan65 is rumored to be planning a run of some sort, whether for President or someone's running mate is unknown, more at 11.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:06:56 pm by Jbrase »Logged
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 07:50:41 pm »
Ignore

Campaign Update
Its has been announced that Senator Dallasfan65 will in fact be running for Vice President of Atlasia and Governor Tmthforu94's running mate.

Now lets have a look at the February Senate elections.

Northeast
Nothing official yet but there are reports of RowanBrandon and Phil considering bids to pick off the incumbent Senator Eraserhead. Eraserhead picked up the seat in an upset victory last October that led to Dallasfan65 losing his senate seat.

Mideast
No word form there yet.

Imperial Dominion of the South
With 0% of precincts reporting we project incumbent NC Yankee has won re-election.

Midwest
After the incumbent announced he would not seek re-election, Kalwejt aka 'Kaljew" appears to be the only one in the race thus far. Can he win against the onslaught of write-ins he is sure to face?

Pacific
Normally we would project Bgwah the winner before the election even started but with the left split in the region, the possibility of a viable challenge is open.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:53:34 pm by Jbrase »Logged
Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 07:55:40 pm »
Ignore

Well, I may be in an extremely tough race against write-ins, but since Verin likes me, I cannot lose.

Pope of the Northeast Catholic Church
Sovereign of the Papal Boats
Former Drunkard
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 11:49:36 pm »
Ignore

Editorial: On the UDL Nomination

The Union of the Democratic Left was founded upon several ideas. One of them was the idea that a strong, vibrant party could be created that would not be personalist like all the rest were to a greater or lesser extent. Certainly, the Union is not today personalist. There is no leader sending down a presidential ticket from on high, as has been done in the past. However, it is still a party. It is not the Atlasian Unity Bloc or the Democratic Alliance, where any member can run for any office he pleases. Several members made it quite clear to me that they had only joined with that assurance. Therefore, the will of the party must be respected. All may run, but when a nominee is decided, we must all come together behind him, if we are to be a party that can compete with the rest. The Union is the promise of a new way of politics in Atlasia; it must not be ripped apart from within.

Update reading list

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 10:09:34 pm »
Ignore

Porcupine Interviews
Today we bring you an interview with Presidential Candidate Ben.

Thank you for being here today.

Q: Tell us about your plans for foreign policy.

A: I want to get Atlasians involved.  This means establishing Embassies, and Ambassadors.  It means regular stories involving foreign affairs, and Presidential action on the issue.  It'll take a lot of collaboration with the GM, the SoEA, the GTO Ambassador, and the Senate.

Q: Should the UDL hold a primary and you lose, will you continue to your run for President?

A: I have not yet decided.  I will enter the primary, and depending on the results, I will move from there.  Nothing has been decided yet.

Q: Say you win the election, walk us through the fist few weeks of your presidency.

A: I will assemble a Cabinet, and then begin planning out what legislation will be prioritized and how it will be written.

Q: How has The Porcupine changed your life?

A:  It's brought me joy and entertainment.

Q: Why do you think the SC has not yet gotten around to saying if I made the SC bar or not, even though I requested at the start of December?

A: They've probably been busy.

Q: The past couple administrations have been criticized for very partisan cabinets, would you follow in their tradition?

A: No.  I have a general idea of my Cabinet already, and it is non-artisan to an extreme.

Thank you for your time.
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 10:47:24 pm »
Ignore

New Poll: IDS
Tmth: 70%
Undecided/Other: 20%
Marokai: 10%
Rocky: 0%
Oakvale: 0%

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 11:25:08 pm »
Ignore

Porcupine Interveiws: AIM Edition

Q: What made you wish to make this run?

A: I've watched this game progressively getting worse for over a year now. I got tired of just watching it happen, so I decided to act and actually try and do something to improve this game, whether it be by just running a competitive race and getting activity flowing or actually winning and making some reforms to the game.

Q:   Assuming you win, are you willing to pledge that your cabinet will not be hyper partisan and that you will look past ideology in you selection?

A:  I can promise you right now, JBrase, that I have no intentions of a hyper partisan cabinet, and I will not be running a hyper partisan government, either. At the cabinet I'm currently looking at placing, I have a member of each major party represented. My number one requirement for anyone who wishes to be in my cabinet is activity. After that, follows experience and political ideology., But activity is #1. My goal is to have one of the most active cabinets in Atlasian history.

Q: Ok, we are going to go into the territory of your rival Ben here, tell us how you will approach foreign policy.

A: The position of SoEA will be extremely important to me, as that person will be one of the cabinet members I will work the most with. I think foreign policy issues are largely ignored in Atlasia. I'd like to see the GM focus a bit more on foreign affairs, and hopefully then, we could have something to do. Overall, my goal as commander in chief will be to look for peaceful solutions in foreign affairs. I will do everything in my power to prevent Atlasia from entering any wars. However, if we ever (Dave forbid) attacked, I believe it is important that we are ready to protect and defend our nation.

Q: As you are well aware, the economy has not been in the greatest shape, and a stimulus package is currently underway. Written as is, if you were president right now, would you sign it, or send it back with a veto and ask for something else?

A: As it is currently written, I would sign it. However, I wish the Senate would consider leaving more freedom to the regions regarding spending the funds. In the Mideast, we managed to find a way around it by saving back 3.9 billion for government use, but no other regions did that, I believe. I'm also concerned about this raising our national debt, and I wouldn't have minded a lower overall amount. Hopefully though, this bill will provide regions the "stimulants" they need to hopefully kickstart their economies.

Q: Why in your opinion have I not received in answer yet from the supreme court if I am admitted to the BAR or not, even though I asked Dec 1st?  Sad

A:   Those lil possums still haven't put you in? Wink Well, hopefully, since I'm sure everyone will be rushing to this thread to read my interview, one of them will take notice of this question, and they'll quickly discuss it with each other and admit you. Smiley 

The Porcupine: Dave willing...

Q: One final question, tell me how The Porcupine has improved your life.

A:     Ran into a porcupine once - hurt like the dickens. Since then, I've found that once you pluck out all their quills and skin then, put them in a deep fat friar, and cook for a bit, they taste very...sweet. Sorta like a racoon, though not quite as greasy. On top of that, they're healthy. Eating porcupine has made me a healthier person, and the feeling of running over one, then getting to throw it in a pot and eat it, well, it's like nothing else....Oh, I'm sorry, were you referring to your paper?...In that case, I'm really looking forward to the in-depth analysis of this election, and the polling is always helpful. Wink Looks like I have a nice little lead going in the IDS.

The Porcupine: Sir, I believe you have forever lost the ever so important Seatle vote. Thank you for your time.

Tmth: Sinders and Ashes! Oh well, hopefully, if I pull through, I won't bust their boilers or fizzle their firecrackers.

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 09:18:41 pm »
Ignore

More Poling Fun

Working with A-Bob's polling, we can add the Mideast to Tmth's column. Not as strong as his support in the IDS, he is still pulling in 50% of the vote which is a comfortable lead considering the size of the race.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 04:49:47 am »
Ignore

I don't really see the point of doing those regional polls for presidency since this is a national election. Maybe doing these polls about the upcoming Senate races would be more interesting.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout