The Porcupine Campaign Tracker: February 2011 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:05:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Porcupine Campaign Tracker: February 2011 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Porcupine Campaign Tracker: February 2011  (Read 3760 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:49:47 AM »

I don't really see the point of doing those regional polls for presidency since this is a national election. Maybe doing these polls about the upcoming Senate races would be more interesting.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

I have the sad feeling that most of people didn't even know the debate and simply voted for the candidate they support. Just look at Rocky, who didn't even participate.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 06:54:18 AM »

This is disappointing, Jbrase. You had an occasion to distance yourself from the drama that was going on and bring an independent perspective on it. Instead you chose to involve in it and fuel it by picking a random comment and misinterpreting it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »

This is disappointing, Jbrase. You had an occasion to distance yourself from the drama that was going on and bring an independent perspective on it. Instead you chose to involve in it and fuel it by picking a random comment and misinterpreting it.

Before Marokai elaborated on that comment it was something worth bringing up. And since I wrote on it we have all learned it was just a misunderstanding. Without the clarification we got from him here, the person who might be nominated for President would have gone on looking like he was bitter at the concept of going through a primary, now we know he was just under the wrong impression of Ben's intentions. So I would like to think me bringing attention to this did the UDL some good.

So far, nobody had given the impression that he found Marokai's comment particularly outrageous, it wasn't even an issue. And hadn't Marokai clarified it so early, your article had the potential to fuel again controversies among UDLers. It would just have needed anybody to post before Marokai. I'm not implying that you did it with any bad intention, but it certainly couldn't help people to chill out, and you should have been aware of that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 04:30:35 PM »

Before Marokai elaborated on that comment it was something worth bringing up. And since I wrote on it we have all learned it was just a misunderstanding. Without the clarification we got from him here, the person who might be nominated for President would have gone on looking like he was bitter at the concept of going through a primary, now we know he was just under the wrong impression of Ben's intentions. So I would like to think me bringing attention to this did the UDL some good.

So far, nobody had given the impression that he found Marokai's comment particularly outrageous, it wasn't even an issue. And hadn't Marokai clarified it so early, your article had the potential to fuel again controversies among UDLers. It would just have needed anybody to post before Marokai. I'm not implying that you did it with any bad intention, but it certainly couldn't help people to chill out, and you should have been aware of that.
Actualy I saw someone else bring it up in the UDL thread, which is how I came across it, so at the very least one maybe more in your own party was taking issue with it. And sure there was always the possibility it would cause more drama if he hadn't responded so quickly, but would you really prefer it was just left alone and several crucial voters on the left go to the polls with that in the back of their mind when they are deciding who to vote for? 

I understand your point. But in my opinion what UDLers need now is really just to chill out. To just stop discussing about some subjects and focus on policy. I know this is probably too late to hope for this goal to be met, but still I would have prefered if we could avoid other comments on the subject. Still, I understand your purposes when you chose to comment it and I apologize for my early reaction.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies