Barack Obama will win reelection
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:46:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Barack Obama will win reelection
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Barack Obama will win reelection  (Read 4573 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 01:03:21 PM »

Prediction:

Barack Obama will win reelection, and it will not be very close.

I've been saying this for a while.  Well, the first part, anyway.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 02:33:47 PM »

I think it is way too early to tell if Obama will be reelected. Clinton and Reagan says he will, but I think circumstances are different this go around. The biggest factor is Democratic turnout. Democratic turnout in 2010 was 3 million votes lower than the 2006 election. Republicans was 9 million higher. Democrats will have to use the Republican House to their advantage and rally the base. Another question is how much influence will the Tea Party exert? Will they focus their anger on Democrats, or will they decide to run their own candidate? Then there are economic questions, security questions, challenger questions and a host of other elements that we just can't predict.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 05:36:43 PM »

The biggest factor in Obama's re-election will be the state of the economy.  The economy will have recovered by then (and, if it hasn't or if it enters a second recession, or whatnot, I think it might not be entirely unfair to toss Obama out).  Ergo, Obama will win re-election.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 05:45:35 PM »

I'm not a fan, but I think he'll win reelection too.  At least unless the GOP gets a worthy enough candidate to beat him--and all of their current "field" would lose in a head to head matchup....
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 05:49:35 PM »

I think the Presidential race can go either way right now. Regarding the Senate, I think Republicans will take it back. The only seats we have a chance to lose in, really, is Nevada and Massachusetts, and possibly Maine if Snowe loses the primary and doesn't run as an Independent. On the other hand, Democrats have around 12, give or take a few (Cantwell, Tester, Kohl (assuming he retires), Conrad, both Nelsons, McCaskill, Stabenow, Brown, Casey, Webb, Menendez). Republicans have a good chance of at least picking up 4 of those, if not more.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 05:53:33 PM »

I think the Presidential race can go either way right now. Regarding the Senate, I think Republicans will take it back. The only seats we have a chance to lose in, really, is Nevada and Massachusetts, and possibly Maine if Snowe loses the primary and doesn't run as an Independent. On the other hand, Democrats have around 12, give or take a few (Cantwell, Tester, Kohl (assuming he retires), Conrad, both Nelsons, McCaskill, Stabenow, Brown, Casey, Webb, Menendez). Republicans have a good chance of at least picking up 4 of those, if not more.

The Senate may be in play, but I'm not so hopeful for the White House.  It might be close, but I just don't see the Republicans winning it back this time.  If they had a good candidate, sure.  But they don't.
milhouse24
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 03:21:16 AM »

I think Obama will lose Florida and Ohio. 
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »

Barring a double dip, the only Republican who could win the general election is Mitch Daniels.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 03:28:19 PM »

I think Obama will lose Florida and Ohio. 
I think you are right.  Both Ohio and Florida voted for Obama by a smaller margin than the country as a whole, but he really doesn't need those two states to win.  Obama performed much better in Iowa, Colorado, Nevada, and to a lesser extent Virginia, and I think he will probably win in the first three.

If Obama looses Ohio and Florida, but wins Nevada, Colorado, and Iowa, then he will win the election.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 04:34:45 PM »

Carter was simply horrible combined with an opponent like few incumbents will ever face.

Well he was an excellent president, just a poor politician..
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies