Best way to stop Palin? Looks like Bachmann might take care of that. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:03:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Best way to stop Palin? Looks like Bachmann might take care of that. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best way to stop Palin? Looks like Bachmann might take care of that.  (Read 2303 times)
Poundingtherock
« on: January 06, 2011, 03:07:18 AM »

Phil,

It seems a little desperate to rely on Michele Bachmann.  If backbencher Bachmann's all you got, well, I may be understating Palin's victory margin.

I don't think Bachmann is looking at a Senate run.  She'd be crazy to think she can win against Klobuchar MN without a third-party liberal helping her out.  That state is as far-left as people make it out to be notwithstanding the fluke wins from Pawlenty earlier this decade that really only happened because of a third-party.

The better bet is that Pawlenty and Romney are trying one last ditch effort with Bachmann because Huckabee and Pence aren't cooperating as neither of these two tools are running.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 03:29:06 AM »

They do.  I believe they've known each other for awhile when they were both mediocre legislators.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 04:22:09 AM »

I'm not a big fan of Cook's PVI.  It doesn't take into consideration enough that on the presidential level, that democrats often vote for the republican and vice versa.

I should have made clear that I meant Minnesota was more liberal than it seemed on the presidential level and statewide.  I think Bush did as well as a republican can do in 2004 in a presidential election.  When 48% is your ceiling in a really good year for Republicans, we pretty much have no shot when it's even without a third-party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies