US House Redistricting: Louisiana (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Louisiana (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Louisiana  (Read 35356 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: February 21, 2011, 10:37:05 AM »

What you could do is make sure you hit only 50.000001% VAP and pair New Orleans with, say, Livingston parish for Joseph Cao to make a comeback. But I highly doubt they do it.

I would guess that New Orleans includes some of the only liberal non-minority neighborhoods in the state which would make a non-corrupt Democrat viable even at that level.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 05:52:45 AM »

One of the Dems who voted for the bill is a conservative Dem in deep Trump territory.

The other Dem seems relatively... normal black Louisiana Democrat, though his district is more rural and marginal and could easily be eliminated so my guess is it was some sort of deal with the GOP to save his district.

The 2 GOP reps who voted no is because they were upset about how their local communities were handeled, but could easily become Yea votes if needed.

The GOP should be able to (barely) override.

The LA GOP will find a way to fail… a lot of them aren’t really conservative, they’re just R because that’s what the voters want

JBE will play horse trading politics and get what he wants just barely

I’m no expert on LA politics, but they had a supermajority and change to pass, why would it be hard to veto?

It passed with 1 D, 1 I who aren’t a lock to override.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies