Marokai/Purple State Platform Extravaganza! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:30:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai/Purple State Platform Extravaganza! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marokai/Purple State Platform Extravaganza!  (Read 3464 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: January 25, 2011, 12:18:48 AM »
« edited: January 25, 2011, 12:22:06 AM by Snowguy716 »

I'll make a simple statement.  Many of your platform positions represent an overreaching of executive power in Atlasia.

This simulation is a game based on the United States, and as such, the constitution reflects in many key ways the United States constitution.  This is not a parliamentary democracy like those of Europe.  I think the Marokai/PurpleState platform blurs the lines too much between the legislative and executive branches of government, which are separate for very good reasons.

While an Oakvale/Snowguy administration would have no problem working with the legislature (Senate) to move our own agenda forward, it is not our position, as executives, to legislate.  

I believe our administration would keep the roles of the presidency and the senate clearly defined and intact.  If we follow those guidelines already put in place by our constitution, the game will run smoothly and it makes it a simulation that everybody can be a part of instead of concentrating power into the hands of one person.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies